Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 minutes ago, DPNM said:

This one came today. They are hard to find in the US.

super63a.jpg.815ef83798c7075f214b691a472dda21.jpg

Devillbiss Super63. Should go well with my Devillbiss Sprite and Sprite Major.

Now that is a beauty Jim. The colour cup and its opening are quite uniquely shaped. The whole brush is a work of art. A great addition to your airbrush family.

• Like 1

Great to hear from you and thank you Bill. You seemed to be off the forum for a while. I hope you are OK. 

The cup is a unique design. It is a nice brush.

I had sent a PM to you about a month ago regarding a Holbein Y-1 brush I had  gotten. Doesn't look like you've read it yet.

13 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Now that is a beauty Jim. The colour cup and its opening are quite uniquely shaped. The whole brush is a work of art. A great addition to your airbrush family.

Great to hear from you and thank you Bill. You seemed to be off the forum for a while. I hope you are OK. 

The cup is a unique design. It is a nice brush.

I had sent a PM to you about a month ago regarding a Holbein Y-1 brush I had  gotten. Doesn't look like you've read it yet.

21 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

I have another brush coming. Should have been here today but it was sent on a round about route. Planning to buy a third one tonight that I had made an offer on. I'll have to stop for a while after it though. I'll post pics when they get here.

4 minutes ago, DPNM said:

I have another brush coming. Should have been here today but it was sent on a round about route. Planning to buy a third one tonight that I had made an offer on. I'll have to stop for a while after it though. I'll post pics when they get here.

I always look forward to your airbrush acquisitions. You find the most unique and interesting airbrushes. Most of the brand names are new to me!

Moving forward with my Mooneyes required some additional Evergreen supplies.

I started cutting pieces from my package of Ignition Wire w/Boot, from Gofer Racing, only to discover that only about 2' of wire are included. The cost from my LHS was around $6. So I did some measuring and discovered that 26 gauge wire is close in diameter. I found a local source that sold spools of 26 guage black coloured copper, 24 yds for $2.99. That will last me a long time.

More Evergreen.JPG

Ignition wire.JPG

23 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

You people posting about Hobby Lobby having kits 40% off are my problem. 😆  Walked out with the Revell '78 GMC Big Game Country Pickup, just wanted the gun rack. 🤣

Ha!  I did the same thing.  Bought the kit, took out the gun rack and sold the rest of the kit on eBay.  Naturally, not long after that, some guy was selling 3 of the gun racks on eBay for a good price.  So I bought them too.  Maybe with 4 gun racks, I can piece together one good Winchester rifle.  Need it for a diorama idea.  I was hoping to find one on a cheap 75mm figure, but they usually have a hand or two molded to the rifle.  What a weird hobby...

Edited by Mike999

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Got my order from Hobby Lobby on line . Got them pretty quick . Great simple kit that looks great when built .

D51710E5-351F-4447-977D-39C1F6F13C04.jpeg

I have one of these on the bench and it isn't as simple as it looks. The plastic in mine seemed like it was soaked in a vat of EVOO. Even after washing with dish soap and water, the primer bubbled on the interior parts, forcing a 4-day swim in "the pond" for all the black and red parts. Even painted, the floors fought me all the way trying to get embossing powder to adhere. The engraving on the seats is pretty light, so I decided to use the kit decals for the inserts instead of masking and spraying. The decals immediately adhered to wherever they touched first. No sliding or adjustment possible, even with the seat being wet with water with a drop of dish soap. Lastly, whoever designed the body molds managed to put the mold parting lines in about the worst possible places, especially the one across the front of the hood, just above the "Chevrolet" script and the matching one on the trunk.

At least it kinda looks like a 57 BelAir and should look good on the shelf.

My first hit of primer on the interior was Tamiya, so of course the pond took a long time to work even though it was wet when I dropped it in. What was your experience with the decals?

Body turned out nice at least. Paint and primer stuck nicely after I dropped it in the pond for a few days to get the grease off of it. I just need to finish building it. It's Scale Finishes Harbor Blue. Interior is the same, with the black inserts on the seats and door panels.

image.jpeg.2879d68e0240b363a1243a002ed1fd4f.jpeg

Edited by Rodent

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...