Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

These little gems came into my possession Saturday, and I posted about them in the "other" What Did You Get thread before I realized my error.  

I was challenged with the 'no pix, didn't happen' doctrine, so I tried to post a couple of pix, but then my internet provider decided to go on an intermittent fritz every few minutes for two days.  They finally got all those bugs worked out, but in the interim I couldn't get a post past the 'offline' spurts.  

A lot of mumbo-jumbo to explain much about nothing, but here's the 1/2 (mini) truckload of Studeys to which I referred:

Studestoo

Two complete MissDeal kits, a partially assembled MissDeal with no flaws or butchery, a spare new-like body, and a resin '48-'51 Studey phantom custom.   {$25 for the plastic and $15 for the resin.}

There's a specific job ahead for the resin . . .

. . . how about a tow car for my humble little SuperStarliner?  (That's in the background.)

Studes3

The SuperStarliner is seen here with a couple of its showcase companions, a candy apple red '53 Starliner built as a replica of my first car, and a black phantom '53 Commander Sedan Delivery which will eventually wear 'St. Joseph County Coroner' markings.  (St. Joseph County is where South Bend is located.  South Bend is where Studebakers were manufactured.  I figure if anybody anywhere would use a Studebaker for a body-pick-up wagon, it would be St. Joseph County).  

The little die cast is a HotWheel I stumbled upon that bears a remarkable resemblance to my vision of my first car.  I hadda have it.

Studestoo

Two complete MissDeal kits, a partially assembled MissDeal with no flaws or butchery, a spare new-like body, and a resin '48-'51 Studey phantom custom.   {$25 for the plastic and $15 for the resin.}

Good haul!

How close a match is the Miss Deal body's roof to the AMT '53 Starliner body, if you wanted to make it a post coupe? Will the glass fit?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

These came this afternoon (from Japan),wasn't actually expecting them for another month,LOL (and was hoping they wouldn't come on a day teh wife was off work/home when the mail ran...which they did today :lol:),so not complaining :) 

Edited by Olskoolrodder

The middle body was from a junkyard group I got which turned out to be a Revell Monroe Handler. Gona build that as a pro cruiser. Bought it for the side and rear window louvers. In the striping bath it goes. 

Good haul!

How close a match is the Miss Deal body's roof to the AMT '53 Starliner body, if you wanted to make it a post coupe? Will the glass fit?

That's pretty much where I'm headed with it.  The Miss Deal's roof looks close to stock but a little simplified.  It doesn't have the door cut and the A pillar is a bit off, but it may be easier to convert than the AMT Starliner hardtop roof.  

I haven't had a chance yet to compare the AMT glass to the Miss Deal roof, but when I do, I'll let you know.

I have a couple of mint Miss Deal kits, but was a little reluctant to tear into them . . . finding these has eliminated the inhibitions!

155107_1316470581712851_2134867675641606

12112513_1316470628379513_59611759968808

12924357_10153657938647991_3268504220084

More "junk" i felt sorry for.  Also a resin piece in trade with a fellow Norwegian modeler. Not sure who made it,got louvers on the hood.

Tommy that resin kit is from an Ebay seller that I believe is the former Time Machine Resin. He sells nice stuff.  I see the Nashville TN address on the box. 

That Rambler Rebel is cool. My brother had a 67. 

Oh i see. Judging by the taillights this might be the Polara. 

I think the kit is a Phoenix ?

Either way It build into a really cool looking shelf model . I have one ,,,,, I built mine to replicate the 1961 Dodge Ramchargers race car

I got notification that three orders are shipping and should be here by tomorrow. I have to give a shout out to the following vendors for their superior and fast service:

1. Tower Hobbies- placed my order on Saturday and it shipped out yesterday, can't ask for much better than that!

2. Modelroundup- placed an order for some items that were due in late March/early April and they shipped yesterday, as I expected them to!

3. Scenes Unlimited- placed an order yesterday morning and it is shipping today! Danny is definitely on top of things to get orders out that quickly. One of the best resin casters I have dealt with and the reason why I am a repeat customer!

As you can tell from the above, a lack of a real LHS has shifted my buying habits to the internet and with suppliers like these, the wait time is not much different than if I had to drive around town trying to find the items. It's nice that Tower Hobbies carries a ton of Tamiya paint and places like Scenes Unlimited has resin pieces in stock and can ship fast.

These little gems came into my possession Saturday, and I posted about them in the "other" What Did You Get thread before I realized my error.  

I was challenged with the 'no pix, didn't happen' doctrine, so I tried to post a couple of pix, but then my internet provider decided to go on an intermittent fritz every few minutes for two days.  They finally got all those bugs worked out, but in the interim I couldn't get a post past the 'offline' spurts.  

A lot of mumbo-jumbo to explain much about nothing, but here's the 1/2 (mini) truckload of Studeys to which I referred:

Studestoo

There's a specific job ahead for the resin . . .

. . . how about a tow car for my humble little SuperStarliner?  (That's in the background.)

Studes3

The SuperStarliner is seen here with a couple of its showcase companions, a candy apple red '53 Starliner built as a replica of my first car, and a black phantom '53 Commander Sedan Delivery which will eventually wear 'St. Joseph County Coroner' markings.  (St. Joseph County is where South Bend is located.  South Bend is where Studebakers were manufactured.  I figure if anybody anywhere would use a Studebaker for a body-pick-up wagon, it would be St. Joseph County).  

The little die cast is a HotWheel I stumbled upon that bears a remarkable resemblance to my vision of my first car.  I hadda have it.

That black Panel looks Sweet!!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...