Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

If you're looking for wheel covers, try the stock ones from the '66 Nova - they're shaped wrong for the Nova but are near-identical to the Starfire's finned ones:

5b9c9123128fd_66nova63olds.jpg.acd2541798764a6c2fbebf79a591daec.jpg

Thanks for the info Chris. I'll keep it in mind. I have a set of those caps already that I wasn't planning anything for. I'll have to put them in with the Olds so I don't forget.

Later-

5 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I just had new tires put on my Jeep and didn't get anything but a long wait when the tire changer broke the alignment rig.   Then they had the gall to tell me I needed an alignment!  A week later I took it into the dealer for a recall and they have one of these drive through alignment rigs and said the alignment was fine.  Sorry for going off topic.

I feel your pain, Gary!, we have a family friend who happens to be the head mechanic there.....somehow you need to make friends with yours....lol

The Deora and Lindberg FIAT, I got from Ollie's today. The AMT 1932 Ford roadster is the original issue I got from eBay for only $20. The AMT '36 Ford and Grip/Edai 1/20 Porsche I also got on EBay for only $3 each! They're both complete and in great shape. The Porsche is one I haven't been able to find any info on, it comes with a complete interior/engine compartment.Also got a Testors/Jimmy Flintstone Fire Roadstered resin kit.

On the right is Blinkey the 3 month old devil kitten plotting to eat me in my sleep.

IMG_20180915_141431_hdr.jpg

4 minutes ago, MPi-KM said:

The Deora and Lindberg FIAT, I got from Ollie's today. The AMT 1932 Ford roadster is the original issue I got from eBay for only $20. The AMT '36 Ford and Grip/Edai 1/20 Porsche I also got on EBay for only $3 each! They're both complete and in great shape. The Porsche is one I haven't been able to find any info on, it comes with a complete interior/engine compartment.Also got a Testors/Jimmy Flintstone Fire Roadstered resin kit.

On the right is Blinkey the 3 month old devil kitten plotting to eat me in my sleep.

That Porsche looks awesome!!!

At Hobby Lobby, just some embossing powder for making carpet - Dark Blue and Turquoise, 2 colors I didn't have.  That will be easier than trying to "color" white embossing powder.

This HL store didn't have the Revell '85 Olds, though I did see it at another HL recently. I keep going back & forth on that one.  I already have the '83 Hurst-Olds kit and will probably try to build it as a plain-Jane "work car" Cutlass.  So I might just get a resin stock hood from eBay. Or try to grind down the Turbo hood, though that looks like a challenge.  (Engine fire damage!)

Other store news:  Michael's scale model shelf continues to shrink.  The newest kit there was the stock Revell Bronco. Ollie's still had plenty of Piranhas and '71 T-Birds. No '29 Ford Mod Rods or '57 Corvettes yet.

Online, Free Time Hobbies is having a close-out sale of stuff they will no longer carry.  Some car kits, and lots of Model Car Garage detail sets (including the photo-etch set for the Revell '72 Olds, priced at $10.36). Also some 1/24 detail sets from KA Models and others.

Today’s Flea Market finds. The 57 Chevy is opened but all the bags are sealed. The Dukes Of Hazards is mostly built but painted with a brush. Purple Power that one. And the Trans Am is opened but all parts are there. Couldn’t resist the Rolls radio for a buck. Lil.

1C9EE973-7036-4BAF-A707-B2FCADE2ECE0.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo
spelling

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Tulio-  You have a hobby shop in Brazil?  Please take pictures next time you go there!   

No problem!!

Here in Florianópolis there is only one, and it's small, but in a town called Balneário Camboriú, there is a big one. It's about one hour away tough. Usually I also buy from a hobby shop in São Paulo, called Mais Modelismo. Usually I get 24 hour delivery from them. 

Take a stroll on their site: https://maismodelismo.com.br/Default.aspx

2 hours ago, MPi-KM said:

Nice cat!! 

Mine would have knocked everything down before I had the chance of taking a picture.

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I got my final Modelhaus order today. Lots of chrome goodies and bittersweet memories of a great company.

Got mine the other day, finally got around to looking at it yesterday. The good news: The '67 Comet Cyclone grille includes the insert that my glue bomb is missing. The bad news: They sent me a set of '65 Corvette wheel covers instead of the '66s  I ordered. Oh well, I can probably use them, and if not, I'm sure I can swap them off for something else I need without too much trouble. 

Picked up one of the Lindberg '61 Chevy yesterday at Hobby Lobby and some Tamiya Mica Blue and Pure White paint from Lombard Hobbies to eventually use on it......yes, kinda want to build a Dan Gurney BTCC Impala inspired  car using the tires, and maybe wheels, in the Polyglas Gasser kit.  Also bought a new sleed body for my Traxxas Stampede and aluminum Motorplate and pinion gears for my 4-Tec 2.0 from Leasure Hours Hobbies yesterday.

Went to a few garage & yard sales today. The last one I hit was a couple acres full of all kinds of stuff.

I found a crate full of diecasts and the models & parts shown in the pic. I dug through the box & got

every model part there was. Models are 454 PU,67 Chevelle,Monogram 32 Ford & an old 57 Vette.

Also a few parts from a 36 Ford & think 39 Chevy. All for $2.00. Good day.

PICS 046.jpg

14 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Today’s Flea Market finds. The 57 Chevy is opened but all the bags are sealed. The Dukes Of Hazards is mostly built but painted with a brush. Purple Powere that one. And the Trans Am is opened but al parts are there. Couldn’t resist there Rolls radio for a buck. Lil.

1C9EE973-7036-4BAF-A707-B2FCADE2ECE0.jpeg

I use to have that TA kit...Would love to find another one sometime I liked it...lucky finds.

No reason a 288GTO should be anyone's grail kit, Fujimi reissued it in 2015 and it's available all over the place in Japan for less than $20. Fujimi never made a curbside version of it like they did with some of the other the Enthusiast Series kits, so any 288 is the same as the original. 

One more off the want list, or How to guarantee Revell will reissue this kit:

P1140075.JPG.f55b181913b25eee1e7bedb842e41edf.JPG

P1140076.JPG.5561a60b5237b6d556e8e4eeffcb6560.JPG

'62 Chrysler Newport convertible molded in purple metalflake, pretty near intact - traded a built '61 Falcon to Tom P. for it.

At the LMMCC meeting last night I picked up this grungy but useful for experimentation '58 New Yorker promo:

P1140080.thumb.JPG.c5dead161e81ee14c01002b281b4e578.JPG

P1140079.JPG.62b4503ea0b212c1d3789673e701b2cb.JPG

I'm going to attempt some straightening on this body by cutting, bending and filling and see how far I get. Wish me luck.

Gimme that great big Jo-Han smile!

P1140084.JPG.906cc800ee105f438b15773077262ec4.JPG

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...