Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Official reminder -- We asked for no COVID discussions except for ways to cope with the pandemic. Getting the vaccine is one thing, discussing the efficacy, policies, and other matters crosses the line into areas we asked you not to discuss. We've hidden a handful of posts. Let's keep it to that. We'd rather not be handing out warnings. 

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

Got our second dose of Pfizer juice yesterday. Neither my wife nor I had any side effects.  Downside is that we had to search hard to find the site and had to travel 2.5 hr each way (times two doses) to receive it. 

Yesterday it rained hard all day. We started here at home where it wasn’t raining, and headed west through the rains. When we got to the site, it had stopped raining there. Of course we drove thru the storm again on the way home. Like driving thru a car wash. 

Still, we are happy to be done. Our county still hasn’t gotten past January 10th signups, and the local message boards are full of complaints.  Amazing how uneven this effort is, and how proactive you need to be!

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Got our second dose of Pfizer juice yesterday. Neither my wife nor I had any side effects.  Downside is that we had to search hard to find the site and had to travel 2.5 hr each way (times two doses) to receive it. 

Yesterday it rained hard all day. We started here at home where it wasn’t raining, and headed west through the rains. When we got to the site, it had stopped raining there. Of course we drove thru the storm again on the way home. Like driving thru a car wash. 

Still, we are happy to be done. Our county still hasn’t gotten past January 10th signups, and the local message boards are full of complaints.  Amazing how uneven this effort is, and how proactive you need to be!

In my area of Ontario, Canada they are just starting on the 80 - 84 year olds. At 60 - 64 age group I’m looking at another couple of months before I have any hope of seeing my first shot. And since none of the vaccines are made in Canada and now some countries insisting the manufacturers keep the vaccine in country and not honour contracts it could be well into summer before I can get even one shot. Oh well, it’ll come when it comes....

I got through my surgery okay. Had a detached Retina (Macula) in my right eye. VA in West Los Angeles did the surgery on Wednesday afternoon. I'm home finally after far too many adventures. The eye is healing.

Next comes Cataract Surgery in 3-6 months. I'm blessed the VA is there for me.

9 minutes ago, alexis said:

I got through my surgery okay. Had a detached Retina (Macula) in my right eye. VA in West Los Angeles did the surgery on Wednesday afternoon. I'm home finally after far too many adventures. The eye is healing.

Hope your recovery goes well.

5 hours ago, alexis said:

I hope you have a fast and smooth recovery Alan. God bless!

Hopefully this is ok but happy to have scheduled our vaccine appointments today. Been trying for days at so many locations but kept hitting a dead end and now I have dates for the wife and I about 10 days from now. Letting anyone else know if you've experienced the same thing, keep trying because I did it so you can too.

Hoping we can beat this thing and I can go to the Indycar races this year in September!

I ordered a takeaway from one of the local chinese restarauns tonight. I said to make it up to 20 quid with sweets meaning bars of chocolate etc. Instead I got a carrier bag of penny sweets. I guess there was a miscommunication somewhere but I feel sorry for the person that had to count them out

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I ordered a takeaway from one of the local chinese restarauns tonight. I said to make it up to 20 quid with sweets meaning bars of chocolate etc. Instead I got a carrier bag of penny sweets.

I always get a kick out of regional phrases..  you call it “takeaway”. We call it “takeout”!

You say sweets, we’d say candy.

And Lord knows what a carrier bag is!  😀

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I always get a kick out of regional phrases..  you call it “takeaway”. We call it “takeout”!

You say sweets, we’d say candy.

And Lord knows what a carrier bag is!  😀

I know what you mean from watching Wheeler Dealer..

Just found out my PICC Line is coming out tomorrow instead of Friday!  Also mean no more daily early morning hospital visits for antibiotics and missed work and not having to deal with the company that handles the FMLA claims for my employer any more than needed! I think the FMLA insurance people are a bigger PITA anything else I’ve had to deal with the last 2 months!

On 3/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, Snake45 said:

I started watching it because some years ago my Dad told me it was funny and recommended I try it. So I did. I must have picked the worst episode ever, because I though it was the silliest, stupidest, most un-funny show I'd ever seen--except for ONE line from Becker, which was outrageously hilarious and one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. But I could never remember what it was. Never watched the show again. So now that I have time, I'm watching them all trying to find that ONE line again. I'm about halfway through now. I suspect the line I want is in one of the last two seasons. (I didn't realize there were six seasons when I started it.) 

I like Linda too, but I liked her even more in the first two seasons, when she was--how should I put this?--even MORE Linda-y. :wub: I wonder why she made the change. :unsure:

Finished up Becker this morning--129 episodes. Well, 127 I guess. Pluto TV doesn't have episodes 101 and 102 for some reason. 

I never did find the super-funny line I was looking for. So either it's in one of those two episodes, or I don't think it's funny anymore, or it was SO good they had to cut it out. Sigh.