Model Cars Magazine Forum
Impalow

AMT 1963 Impala - Advanced Custom Version

Awesome I love it and that baby blue 53 chevy is awesome also very nice.!!

That's turning into one beautiful creation!

Well done!

Been awhile since I checked in, loving the imagination.  Your trim under the windows, and drip rail, something that is subtle but needs to be done.

Thanks guys!   Just a little update, this paint is crazy time consuming, and I'm taking big-long breaks to avoid frustration..  haha.

I got one entire side done, so there is some progress...

I have kind of re-thought my plan for this, once these shapes/shading is done, I'm going to back mask them and shoot the Mazda Soul red around the perimeter of the panels.

Then a couple of light coats of 2K clear, this will seal up all of this hard work before spraying the rainbow kandies.  Once its sealed if I mess up the Kandy I can wipe it off with thinner and not destroy the panel shading. 

Hopefully that works... I like the look so far,  its similar to the "endless line" technique but with a twist. 

IMG_3058.jpg

Yeah, that’s KILLER!  It’s going to look GREAT!  What’s going on the two ‘bare’ panels on the roof and hood?  Or are they just spots you haven’t got to yet?

Loving the paint so far!

I was looking through some pics of the Oakland Roadster Show in the late 60s/early 70s recently, and you're nailing the aesthetic for sure. The only thing missing now is some rainbow-hued shading!

Love this build Eric !!!!!

Randy