Model Cars Magazine Forum

"World's Most Expensive Toy Car"

18 minutes ago, Aaronw said:

If you can afford an SUV that starts at $350,000, then buying a $40,000 replica is probably an after thought, like most of us buying a nice office chair or fancy swing arm amp for the model bench.

most people who buy a Cullinan, cant afford one, they shouldn't be buying a $40,000 toy, most people who could afford a Cullinan, are driving 10 year old BMW X5's. 

18 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

For $40k, I’d have expected the hood ornament to hide just like the real thing too.

Same here.

10 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I don't understand why she's so popular.

She must know someone or something. She gets access to some pretty exotic rides.

9 hours ago, espo said:

This is when you know you just have to much money. 

More dollars than sense.

8 hours ago, gasman said:

most people who could afford a Cullinan, are driving 10 year old BMW X5's. 

Or 3 year Toyotas or even Dodge caravans.

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

You don't know how the wealthy elite thinks.

Hey man, don't worry. If a certain element get their way, the wealthy who MADE their own money will be taxed out of existence.

There's a type of personality who, when asked if they'd prefer to live in a society where SOME people were rich but nobody ever starved, or in a society where EVERYONE was so poor they had to eat bugs, they choose the latter in the name of "equity". These people are called "useful idiots".

Their overlords, on the other hand, will still have the Rollers and champagne and caviar and private jets. They just won't have actually EARNED any of it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

33 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

There's a type of personality who, when asked if they'd prefer to live in a society where SOME people were rich but nobody ever starved, or in a society where EVERYONE was so poor they had to eat bugs, they choose the latter in the name of "equity". These people are called "useful idiots".

Bugs is good eatin'.

Reminds me of the Fabergé eggs that royalty had craftsmen produce.  Yea it's impressive, but it's like having a toy you can't play with.  I would like to have some of the skills to create a better model, but look how many of those eggs are no longer existing.  Final opinion, if you can afford the real deal, what's the point of having a model of it?  My two cents (now $2, don't get me going).

I think if you're serious about cars, or car models, and you had $40K to spend, then you'd be better off heading to Amalgam...

You could have three or four of these for the money:

https://www.amalgamcollection.com/collections/1-8-scale

GT-40, 250SWB Moss Goodwood TT 61, E Type Series 1 and DB4GT Zagato or a gimmick-laden Cullinan?

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

I think if you're serious about cars, or car models, and you had $40K to spend, then you'd be better off heading to Amalgam...

You could have three or four of these for the money:

https://www.amalgamcollection.com/collections/1-8-scale

GT-40, 250SWB Moss Goodwood TT 61, E Type Series 1 and DB4GT Zagato or a gimmick-laden Cullinan?

best,

M.

And not a Pinto in the bunch! 😉

Sorry Faust.