Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell in Omaha (2022 IPMS Nats)

I didn't want to blow up the silver picture too large, but it conveys what you just showed with the green car.  Those of us with a touch screen can blow up either photo and see that once the headlight surround is painted black, the model looks spot on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I didn't want to blow up the silver picture too large, but it conveys what you just showed with the green car.  Those of us with a touch screen can blow up either photo and see that once the headlight surround is painted black, the model looks spot on.

Another look - and compared to the photos of the 1:1 - those headlamps do look correct, proportion-wise. 

3 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Good to see the '39 Chevy, but sad that it still has those truly outdated wheels.

Hey I'll take those wheels, I actually like them even if they are a bit 90s!

I'm confused why they decided to show BFG labeled tires on the box art since it's a 99% probability that the kit tires will be blank. 

4 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Other than the 2-in-1 version (Lowrider and custom/street machine) from the last 15-20 years, are those the only wheels included? 

The sedan delivery had mags that were very similar to Pontiac Rally II wheels. The ones on the box art shown for the new kit are from the '39 Coupe, so they must have switched them into the delivery kit.

4 hours ago, DZ7581 said:

Where is this show? I live just down the road and have never heard of it 

It's the IPMS National Convention. It's been held at the La Vista Conference Center now through Saturday afternoon. It's open 9a-6pm Thur & Fri, 9a-2p on Saturday. Door is $15 for General Admission, substantially more if you wanted to enter the contest and go to the Seminars as you need to be an IPMS National Member.

https://ipmsusa2022.com

The Nationals move every year, so it's not a dedicated annual event in the same location. 2023 will be August 2nd-5th in San Marcos, Texas. We'll find out who bid for 2024 on Saturday morning.

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

The Silverado getting the S-10 treatment and calling it a "Street Custom",  must be the new name for , "we can't fully put it back to stock".

It shouldnt be terribly hard to raise the ride a bit to get it close to stock if thats how one wants to roll. 

• Like 1

Of course I'm very stoked for the 32 Roadster (former Rat Roaster tool) with all of it's more conventional new parts. I'll be certain to buy several of those. Hopeing they decide to bring back the Tudor sedan someday soon, that one hasn't been seen in 15 years. 

The Mustang and Olds look great. Debating on whether to wait for street machine versions of both.

Thanx for the photos James! I don't suppose you would know if the "Pull Dozer" comes with the top would you? That's about the only one I have an interest in. I know the previous issues didn’t have it. Just hoping Revell saw fit to put back in there along with the rear seat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, espo said:

Well, there goes my model budget.  

You and me both! Haha! Thankfully it'll be a while before these see the light of day -- especially since I'm going to be dropping +/- $1,000 to repair/replace the A/C compressor, etc., in my 2004 'P71' Crown Vic.