Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

8 hours ago, Bucky said:

I ordered a part from Lexington, Ky. It went to Nashville, Tn, then to Montgomery, Al. From there it went to Memphis, Tn. Then, it went back to Nashville, and finally to the house.

Looking at a good old road atlas, one can see that Lawrenceburg, Tn is only about 80 miles south of Nashville. I didn't think I was ever going get that part!

Got an update earlier this morning saying that it's out for delivery.... Today! 

06574126-8088-4081-9006-CCB5AE17AA5E.jpeg.4c5f3b8622937440fce20783a55f0602.jpeg

This one arrived in yesterday’s mail. Ordered on eBay on Thursday, arrived Monday.. not bad!

i ordered it because I wanted to see how the custom seats would work in my 1959 Buick. I am surprised that the seats, aside from the custom buttons etc are pretty flat and straight, the front bench has no seat back divide for a 2 door. Almost like doll house furniture. They may make their way into pickups in the future.

The kit was sealed and to add insult to injury, a tire was nearly glued to the windshield.  Oh well, a parts kit bought cheap.

30 minutes ago, Spruslayer said:

Thanks Ray

jchrisf recommended this booth over in the Tips,Trick and tutorials thread,paint booths and safe ventilation.

Since dust and dirt have always been thin'e mortal enemy,im gonna try gloss black on a 67 Impala SS 

I hope your booth exhaust isn't integrated with the Dryer vent. This could bring a whole new meaning to lint in the paint problem. 

12 minutes ago, espo said:

I hope your booth exhaust isn't integrated with the Dryer vent. This could bring a whole new meaning to lint in the paint problem. 

I put blast gates on the T , and the vent motor will blow any dust out the vent. I burned a stick of incense to see how it draws  and was impress witht he results.

Gonna paint some enamel later to see how it dos with that testors aroma 

1 minute ago, Spruslayer said:

I put blast gates on the T , and the vent motor will blow any dust out the vent. I burned a stick of incense to see how it draws  and was impress witht he results.

Gonna paint some enamel later to see how it dos with that testors aroma 

I wasn't sure by looking at the picture. Good way to handle that. The acid test is painting while doing the laundry.  

Well, my kits came in... Finally!! ?

Sorry I didn't take any pictures yet, but I did get the Moebius Ford 4x4 pickup and the Ford F-100 utility truck... I also got the AMT Lowboy trailer, the Peterbilt tow truck kit and the double header trailer kit.... 

Last but not least I also got a big rig truck tire parts pack from AMT as well..... This haul should keep me busy till next year.... ??

2 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

Finally received my order from HLJ, now I can start planning on what to do with this kit.

4DF65D59-1457-4207-9F8C-D1DF3D5CF563.jpeg

28029B50-6F52-49DE-AED5-4C1D36D6003B.jpeg

26CFE16A-D042-4BFA-B999-8590235FD800.jpeg

Ok. I need you to send me some info on how much that was. Too cute to not get one. My wife even likes it!

Later-

6 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Ok. I need you to send me some info on how much that was. Too cute to not get one. My wife even likes it!

Later-

I'd like to know about it, too. I didn't know these were made in 1/24 scale.

6 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

When I placed my order, the price was $43 CDN plus shipping, so it would probably be around $30 US. 

31 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Where di you order it, Ken?  I'm thinking pro street here.

I ordered it through Hobby Link Japan. I will probably build mine stock, but a friend of mine built the 1:32 version as a Zinger, and it looked really cool.

Flea Market Day!  No need to post pix, everybody knows what these 2 look like:  the latest issues of the AMT '56 Ford and '69 Olds 4-4-2.  

Both still had the Hobby Lobby price tag on them, with the price blacked out. (I'm guessing $29.99!)  One had a trace of a red HL Clearance sticker on the box.  The shrink-wrap had been slit all the way around on the bottom of both kits, which made me suspicious. But everything was still sealed inside.  The tops of both cars were straight, not crunched or bent, which I've seen on some HL Clearance kits. No other visible damage. 

The seller priced them low enough to hook me, since both are good parts sources.  Especially the Olds.  At the same flea market a couple of weeks ago, I picked up an older AMT-ERTL version of that kit.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...