Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, thatz4u said:

well done Jeff...if you want to get rid of one LMK........LOL

Why?  Just wait until later this year when Round2 has another 'look what we found moment' and re-issues it but with better decals and pad printed tires....and cheaper!  (No I don't have insider info....its just the way it seems to work)

Seriously I wanted the Chevy Luv kit.   Years went by and I found two at a toy show had a built white one with a cap and an orange one with the step side bed.  I went for the standard bed......a year later Revell reissues it!

52 minutes ago, HomerS said:

Why?  Just wait until later this year when Round2 has another 'look what we found moment' and re-issues it but with better decals and pad printed tires....and cheaper!  (No I don't have insider info....its just the way it seems to work)

That one got retooled into the 4-door version for Dukes of Hazzard, and has since been reissued ad nauseam, in all sorts of variations.  Ain't coming back.

(I know: THEORETICALLY Round 2 could clone/recreate the coupe body/interior, as they've recently proven they're capable, but there's about a thousand other subjects that would be more worthy of that effort.)

Edited by Robberbaron

13 hours ago, HomerS said:

I would like to see that happen butt you have no Leda what’s going on or what might happen.  I mean this in a nice way..

Edited by slusher

20 minutes ago, sfhess said:

Wow.  They sent you a decal/sticker?

Nice kit.

I never got a sticker either. But I never bought a $439 kit from them either. Interested to see how this one looks when you unbox it. Looks pretty good so far from what you have posted!

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this kit . I have one in my unbuilt stash but wanted one to build as a picture I found . 

737F6113-7894-42B0-859D-21D4B99FFC62.jpeg

10 hours ago, cobraman said:

This arrived a short while ago . Ordered in on Tuesday and got it today ( Friday ) . Burbank House of Hobbies . Good service . This is the pre painted version . I hope it builds up nice when I get around to it . 

C113B7B2-8F72-4B3C-9B05-B7C898CC4B51.jpeg

07C86CFF-66A5-4ABF-AA73-F9E1CCAA603D.jpeg

BA0DD72D-5DB5-4057-A4C2-4E3FF6FD8FF5.jpeg

B27C2717-CF2C-4D11-AFCF-CC103999D695.jpeg

974F0531-EC6F-41CB-99DE-C37439239E59.jpeg

4210181C-12BB-4C0C-A6C0-FFAA4328357B.jpeg

Great kits Ray!

11 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Way to go Ray!  I just noticed that the Fujimi Cobra kit shows CSX 4000 on the windshield in the artwork.  That means to me that the kit is based upon a continuation  chassis.  Did not expect that.  

Yes the Cobra is a huge disappointment if you are expecting it to represent an original 427.  The is a hilarious review (at least I thought so) of this kit in a MAMA monthly newsletter written by Rich Wilson.  I’ll see if I can find the issue.

E2A21472-1D58-40AE-80F7-738F0F6EA428.jpeg

F4A694EB-E317-4EFE-AC80-2D9D4F35C0E1.jpeg

8B99A8F9-CB10-4F2C-A55A-426EAF992DEF.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
Newsletter

So THAT's where all the Double Dragster kits went back in the '60s! :blink:And it looks like many of the Allisons, too. 

This guy had quite an imagination! 

Anything complete enough to be cleaned up and displayed as a nice survivor? 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...