Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

While it's an R/C related purchase, these do look pretty realistic for what they are meant to represent!

Mod19RC Micro Shark................dududu..dududu.......... Type S conversion kit!

Sorry, couldn't help it:P

001(423).HEIC

They offer 2 versions, a Type S with a Suzuki Samurai/Jimny style hood/cowl and grill or the Type T where the same parts are intended to represent the Toyota FJ40 and both are 3D printed.

Here's the designer's builds, I bought the parts to build one like the blue Sami on the right.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mod19rc/611960-micro-shark-tube-buggy-conversion-scx24.html

48777059558_c36d75df3b_b.jpg

and here's the parts for the Type T paid out on the "shop floor"

48790783156_99f5457848_b.jpg

then here's a short video of the blue one in action.......

Now I just need another one of these, some better rolling stock and a frew other goodies to complete it!

15 days from Australia, which is about a month faster than the predicted time, so think shipping is getting back to normal?  All I got was photo-etch brake disks, to go with the other parts for the 917.
IMG_1736.thumb.jpg.776050423db4277d1a8e7e7a215742a7.jpg
IMG_1737.thumb.jpg.454fb581980400623b68b8f28e7760ce.jpg

Found on Fakebook, had to get this for some reason.  I built the regular version as a convertible years ago.
IMG_1738.thumb.jpg.00ec6221d3507811894595953122f9bc.jpg

Ok, now I don't need any more models. 🤥

My haul from the SCMA show today in Simpsonville, SC.  The thing way up there on the top right is an AMT '60 Lincoln hardtop. The seller even tracked down a 3D printed hood ornament on eBay to make it complete.

I've wanted a Marlin for a long time.  That original flat-box kit wasn't cheap.  But it cost less than some of the "USA Oldies" Marlins that have sold on eBay recently.

The Heller tractor is the recent release of the Landini 16000 DT. That was a license-built version of a Massey-Ferguson tractor, so I'm sure it's a close copy of the recent Heller MF 2680 kit.  That's OK, I like tractors and Heller kits can be hard to find here in the USA.

The Hasegawa Kubelwagen has all the extras of the previous versions, like Panzerfausts and jerry cans.  Plus a "Blond Girl's Figure!"

And what is the off-topic X/YB-35 doing in there?  It's missing the decals and was cheap.  I have an Anigrand resin kit of Howard Hughes' XF-11 recon aircraft - the one he crashed into Beverly Hills. That aircraft had 8-bladed, contra-rotating props, just like the XB-35, but they're not very well done in resin.  So I may steal 2 of the XB-35 engines to improve it.   And maybe build the rest as an XB-35 being scrapped.

Scma_2021.jpg

On 5/13/2021 at 8:33 PM, Deathgoblin said:

I lucked into a 1/24 Airfix Aston Martin 007 kit.  She's a little gluebombed, but looks to be pretty complete.  Got it for $29.  :)  

I know someone who is looking for that, great deal you got, from eBay by chance (like 1/100)?

got these  kits ,  72/73 challenger rebuilder and a 74-78 mustang  parts car today at the very first  model kit swap meet  i have ever gone to   
the  f&f 71 gtx i am going to convert into a  factory stock 72 roadrunner  with some resin conversion parts  
and the challenger is a mpc 72 or 73   challenger  going by the chassis and a couple other parts  that different  from the lindberg  kit  i will  have to get some resin replacement parts for the missing  parts  

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

Edited by michelle

My haul from yesterdays SCMA show & swap in Simpsonville SC. Not in pic is an AMT 65 El Camino i got from a swap deal with mikemodeler

Lots of great deals, great turnout of contest entries.

20210515_143121.thumb.jpg.4e41bd31cb5de6be7a7ffcd2e5b73a95.jpg

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

The Rebel came from Robert Burns, aka.  Modelerrob( eBay), Too Many Projects(FaceBook)

sadly it looks like he not selling or making them anymore   his ebay page  is empty and  sending a message to his fb page   gets a imediate reply that he is away from the shop and  away from the internet   and he had some very cool kits 

Edited by michelle

18 hours ago, michelle said:

sadly it looks like he not selling or making them anymore   his ebay page  is empty and  sending a message to his fb page   gets a imediate reply that he is away from the shop and  away from the internet   and he had some very cool kits 

Actually...if you follow him on eBay,he lists items every 1-2 months. As far as Facebook, I believe he has his items listed to purchase, sometimes he has ordering "windows" for a few weeks at a time. He flat out tells you he has a busy work life, shipping can be a little slow, but not at all compared to some others I've ordered from.

I know I have at least six of his items, and they are all top notch!!

On 5/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, michelle said:

got these  kits ,  72/73 challenger rebuilder and a 74-78 mustang  parts car today at the very first  model kit swap meet  i have ever gone to   
the  f&f 71 gtx i am going to convert into a  factory stock 72 roadrunner  with some resin conversion parts  
and the challenger is a mpc 72 or 73   challenger  going by the chassis and a couple other parts  that different  from the lindberg  kit  i will  have to get some resin replacement parts for the missing  parts  

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

Nice haul Michelle.

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Actually...if you follow him on eBay,he lists items every 1-2 months. As far as Facebook, I believe he has his items listed to purchase, sometimes he has ordering "windows" for a few weeks at a time. He flat out tells you he has a busy work life, shipping can be a little slow, but not at all compared to some others I've ordered from.

I know I have at least six of his items, and they are all top notch!!

he made a post on his fb page  letting  everone that he had to  refunded  people for models and that he is no longer selling on facebook and then there is that automated message  reply  that he is stepping away from his modeling shop and the internet for a time  

Got these yesterday . 57 Chevy is from Burbank House of Hobbies . The 40 Ford is from the bay . The 40 will become Lumpy’s car from Leave it to Beaver . My research shows his car was not always the same color . At times it was either black, maroon, purple or grey . I watched an episode where Wally tells Beaver they painted the car grey and looks dull like primer to me . Only black and white pics found . 

666ADE09-E120-4633-9F71-3701B2BEDA8E.jpeg

2FCB1343-0A84-4FB5-B59A-FBB06AE069DF.jpeg

I've heard nothing but bad things about the MPC Country Charger... so I went ahead and bought one! Any tips or heads-up before I build this? (I can already hear some of you saying, "yeah, throw it in the trash") Lol. Apparently, it really is that bad! 

Charger.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...