Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

24 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I've heard nothing but bad things about the MPC Country Charger... so I went ahead and bought one! Any tips or heads-up before I build this? (I can already hear some of you saying, "yeah, throw it in the trash") Lol. Apparently, it really is that bad! 

Charger.jpg

it is the same issues with every other  mpc and amt/ertl 69 charger kits  have  at least   the same issues the  amt/ertl 69  charger 500  has i can atest  to since i have only  for sure built  this kit  and the 69  charger  500   and they both have the same fit issues with the  back  bumper   and  the opening  for it  and i do not think they fixed the inaccurate grille inserts  i have herd the other preavious  releasesof the  69  rt  grille has had   since the grille in this kit is different   from the charger 500 grille  i know the 69  charger rt snap kit fixed the back bumper fit issues and the inacurracte  grille inserts  

Edited by michelle

25 minutes ago, michelle said:

it is the same issues with every other  mpc and amt/ertl 69 charger kits  have  at least   the same issues the  amt/ertl 69  charger 500  has i can atest  to since i have only  for sure built  this kit  and the 69  charger  500   and they both have the same fit issues with the  back  bumper   and  the opening  for it  and i do not think they fixed the inaccurate grille inserts  i have herd the other preavious  releasesof the  69  rt  grille has had   since the grille in this kit is different   from the charger 500 grille  i know the 69  charger rt snap kit fixed the back bumper fit issues and the inacurracte  grille inserts  

Thanks, Michelle. Sounds like I'll be doing more than just test fitting on this one then. Re-shaping and maybe even some scratch building! 

2 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Thanks, Michelle. Sounds like I'll be doing more than just test fitting on this one then. Re-shaping and maybe even some scratch building! 

From what I've seen, worst thing about this kit is the grossly overexaggerated fake "vent" lines in the doors. If you can either live with or fix those, you should have it made. B)

8 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

I've heard nothing but bad things about the MPC Country Charger... so I went ahead and bought one! Any tips or heads-up before I build this? (I can already hear some of you saying, "yeah, throw it in the trash").

It's the same kit as the General Lee, just de-Dukes'd after the show was pulled off the air.

11 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Its a cubside General Lee but several have been posted on here they looked good and with your talent it will be Great model…

14 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got these yesterday . 57 Chevy is from Burbank House of Hobbies . The 40 Ford is from the bay . The 40 will become Lumpy’s car from Leave it to Beaver . My research shows his car was not always the same color . At times it was either black, maroon, purple or grey . I watched an episode where Wally tells Beaver they painted the car grey and looks dull like primer to me . Only black and white pics found . 

666ADE09-E120-4633-9F71-3701B2BEDA8E.jpeg

2FCB1343-0A84-4FB5-B59A-FBB06AE069DF.jpeg

Looking forward to the builds Ray…

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

From what I've seen, worst thing about this kit is the grossly overexaggerated fake "vent" lines in the doors. If you can either live with or fix those, you should have it made. B)

I might have a go at fixing them, I'll see how much hair I pull out first from fixing the apparent fit issues! xD

6 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

It's the same kit as the General Lee, just de-Dukes'd after the show was pulled off the air.

I loved that show. They seem pretty rare in the UK, I think I only seen three listed on ebay.

2 hours ago, slusher said:

Its a cubside General Lee but several have been posted on here they looked good and with your talent it will be Great model…

Cheers, Carl. I have wondered why I don't see many Chargers built on the forum, they either seem to be curbside or atrocious fit issues.

3 hours ago, kelson said:

Todays arrivals🤠IMG_2553.thumb.JPG.1430680bff442ff2a300547bf8b1fe84.JPGIMG_2552.thumb.JPG.5a8b971517228f05a57800b82a746c3e.JPG

Cool, I love the '77 Monte! I really wish Round2 would release this again, but with stock box art, maybe even a re-tool for an engine and detailed chassis. Ha, one can hope I guess. I'd be happy just to see it released as is. Such a nice kit.

i won the auction today for one of these today. it hasnt arrived yet, but im very siked. the only thing its missing is the chute, but i will not be using it anyway. 

944622-12155-40-pristine.jpg

Edited by youpey

33 minutes ago, youpey said:

i won the auction today for one of these today. it hasnt arrived yet, but im very siked. the only thing its missing is the chute, but i will not be using it anyway. 

Very cool! I don't have one of those, but I do have a couple '66s and a couple AMT '65s. Congratulations and have fun with it! 

A club member picked my order of three Coca Cola C-10 PUs from the PA show this past weekend for me.

After I got them yesterday, I then watched the online video of one being built......THEY ARE MOLDED IN RED!!

After all these years, and complaints from so many modelers, they still use red!?

32 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

A club member picked my order of three Coca Cola C-10 PUs from the PA show this past weekend for me.

After I got them yesterday, I then watched the online video of one being built......THEY ARE MOLDED IN RED!!

After all these years, and complaints from so many modelers, they still use red!?

Probably the demand of the license/Coke

30 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

Probably the demand of the license/Coke

Then you'd think all the Coke-licensed kits would be molded in red, but they're not.  I got one of the new 60 Falcon Rancheros just for the vintage Coke cooler.  The Ranchero is molded in white plastic. 

17 hours ago, youpey said:

When I built that kit in, I think it was, 1966, it was marked as Airfix on box.

steve

Got a box from HobbyEasy in Hong Kong today with some goodies.

HD Mustang GT4 Detail Up

received_3576153412484672.jpeg.f04344191248e2cff8f6d3ba00510e7c.jpeg

HD Detail Up for the Hasegawa R32s

received_852120759068843.jpeg.ec9a1ec4398f2047fe6bbcc70f964497.jpeg

Studio27 Senna XP Decals (they'll be doing the 3rd XP "livery" at the end of the month.)

received_467186924586697.jpeg.95c53bc5553bee7cf65d24e9ca8eaadf.jpeg

Studio27 C/F for the Senna

received_126101789511754.jpeg.10ac02fd9af23464d448143d60a0c366.jpeg

And the cut the grass, new Alpha Models FK8 Honda Civic Type-R. This one happens to be done in LHD too.

20210520_134114.thumb.jpg.46ca340b34f48cde768a92ab0f9c0cec.jpg

i got one of these today. i look forward to building it soon. i have to finish my amt 63 vette and my amt 79 bronco. then this. 

ccd40daa46d5edc8b00a70e0cff58fd7.jpg

i also bought this on the bay. it arrived in good shape, but its pretty far down on my build list at this point (which changes constantly) 

33938233135855dwga.JPG

Edited by youpey

23 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Keep in mind that the Coke branded kits are targeted at Coca Cola memorabilia collectors, which actually is a bigger audience than actual model car builders. 

Most of these kits will never be built, just the box art displayed on a shelf. For those that actually break the shrink wrap, they will find the red plastic pleasing. If indeed they attempt to build one, they’d likely not be painting it.  

The Coke folks will also appreciate the Coke machines etc included in these kits as well as the beautiful decal sheets provided.

Just be pleased Round 2 found another avenue to sell kits. It goes to the bottom line that helps us all!

12 hours ago, CabDriver said:

My wife surprised me with my favorite paint rack from Hobby Lobby today 😂

Just gotta finish ‘restocking’ it (with all the paint that came from on this rack in the first place 😂)

Nice one!

This one arrived in the week:

1:24 Hasegawa 1968 Mazda Cosmo L10B kit

Box is a bit faded and tatty (and it was lucky the contents didn't get damaged as it was packed in brown paper only) but as something to build someday it suits me just fine.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...