Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, TooOld said:

For a few years now I've been collecting parts for a '66 Monaco and now have everything except for a windshield , then I picked up this '66 Polara Convertible .  Definitely wasn't planning on it but it was to nice to pass up .

1966 Polara Convertible

Nice score!,looks like it still has the hood ornament attached,which is usually missing,and finding parts for these oldies is difficult i've been at it for years.

8 hours ago, TooOld said:

For a few years now I've been collecting parts for a '66 Monaco and now have everything except for a windshield , then I picked up this '66 Polara Convertible .  Definitely wasn't planning on it but it was to nice to pass up .

1966 Polara Convertible

That is nice!!

I have a '66 Monaco that I would really like to get a start on.

I picked it up fairly cheap some years ago, and while it looked a little rough, it was in surprisingly good shape when I got it.

It's got some mismatched chassis and engine parts, (which I don't care about)

I'll be doing a full chassis and engine swap anyway.

The only missing parts were the correct glass, (which I can work with) and the correct rear bumper.

Took me a couple of years to find the right bumper, but a fine gentleman and a member of the board finally found one for me!

The guys on this forum are the best!!

spacer.png

Steve

1 hour ago, kelson said:

Nice score!,looks like it still has the hood ornament attached,which is usually missing,and finding parts for these oldies is difficult i've been at it for years.

Thanks Curtis !  The hood ornament is actually broken but the other piece was taped to the inside of the hood !

36 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

That is nice!!

I have a '66 Monaco that I would really like to get a start on.

I picked it up fairly cheap some years ago, and while it looked a little rough, it was in surprisingly good shape when I got it.

It's got some mismatched chassis and engine parts, (which I don't care about)

I'll be doing a full chassis and engine swap anyway.

The only missing parts were the correct glass, (which I can work with) and the correct rear bumper.

Took me a couple of years to find the right bumper, but a fine gentleman and a member of the board finally found one for me!

The guys on this forum are the best!!

Steve

Thanks , your Monaco looks really nice too !  The one I found was a mess but after stripping 3 coats of brush painted enamel it's in good shape .  I plan a chassis and engine swap also .  I do have one nice hood ornament for it that could possibly be cast , never tried anything that small before .

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Steve

Steve; just wondering.....how are you going to work around the missing glass?  I have a distressed promo with a cracked rear window.  

Funny how you wait forever to get a certain model and after you finally got one they seem to start dropping from the trees.

I was lucky to get a '64 Pontiac from Steven Guthmiller about this time last year. I had planned to build a mild custom from it but when I got it, it was too nice to mess with much.

Well, I think I have a custom '64 or two ,, and another stock.  

The white one has some glue damage on the roof so it's going to get a roof, chassis and engine swap from an AMT '64 Impala to become a mild custom Parisienne.

The black one will probably be stock leaving the customized one for later consideration, although I only have stock rear bumpers for two cars.

IMG 3104

IMG 3105

IMG 3103

• Like 1

Wandered into a Michaels (not my mini local one-they’ve gotten rid of all models) and was looking for the new Revell Jaguar XKE.  They had one a couple weeks ago but it was opened.  But they had an unmolested  Revell 1969 Boss 302.  Priced at $23 about $6 lower than normal.  With a quick 20% coupon on my phone I got it for pennies over $20 after tax.  You can’t have enough Boss 302’s, amirite?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Funny how you wait forever to get a certain model and after you finally got one they seem to start dropping from the trees.

I was lucky to get a '64 Pontiac from Steven Guthmiller about this time last year. I had planned to build a mild custom from it but when I got it, it was too nice to mess with much.

Well, I think I have a custom '64 or two ,, and another stock.  

The white one has some glue damage on the roof so it's going to get a roof, chassis and engine swap from an AMT '64 Impala to become a mild custom Parisienne.

The black one will probably be stock leaving the customized one for later consideration, although I only have stock rear bumpers for two cars.

IMG 3104

IMG 3105

IMG 3103

I might have a bumper, I got a box of random chrome and I'm sure theres one of them in it. If it is it will need rechromed but its yours if i find it

Edited by stitchdup
  • Like 1

Every so often I cruise the cheap paintbrushes in the crafts section at Walmart. Seems like they never have the same selection twice. Several times I've bought a set of 8 or 10 paintbrushes for $6 or $7 because they had two or three nice small, fine-tip ones in there. 

Today I scored! A set of four fine brushes, one of them VERY fine, for $4.27. I've paid $5, $6, $7 for just ONE brush this size, and that was several years ago. 

Will these brushes last as long as one of the "good" ones? I doubt it. Also, I don't care. I don't use them that often. I probably have a lifetime supply now. :D

12 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I might have a bumper, I got a box of random chrome and I'm sure theres one of them in it. If it is it will need rechromed but its yours if i find it

Thanks for the offer Les but I'm pretty sure when I get around to the third one it'll be a full custom with rolled pans so no need for the stock parts.

I do appreciate the offer though. 🙂

Another Nova kit.

90Oco2x.jpg

Got some of this Chrome paint to try out. 

UIQzumf.jpg

And some super nice vinyl decals.

IaDAYjP.jpg

Also got some more paint, supplies and tools from my favourite online shop in Australia, BNA Model World.

Hxsxg7Z.jpg

The MFH nut and bolt set blows my mind how they machine stuff this small.

TyenE3X.jpg

And as with most of my BNA orders some display cases always seem to fall in the cart.

g2Jplso.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

I never saw one of those Tamiya stands, @unclescott58 - how do you like it?

Got one of my grails in the mail (hey, that rhymed!) today…managed to snag it for $16 on eBay.  These are semi-hard to find now, but it’s a welcome addition to my Boyd collection…

DAE9E329-B3F5-4BB2-AAD9-94397AC9FD5E.thumb.jpeg.ad9c80063fa3a4d51853a2cdfbf6f652.jpeg

Just need the Testor’s Boyd Sportstar kit now…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I never saw one of those Tamiya stands, @unclescott58 - how do you like it?

So far so good. A little spendy. Around $120 U.S. But, quality like most Tamiya products is top notch. The size and weight is right. The lamp and magnifying glass seemed to be very well thought out. Not in the way. But handy when one needs it. Over all, I’m both pleased and impressed. They have a cutting that you can buy separately, designed to fit the main work area. I have that on order, and according to tracking, should arrive in today’s mail. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

So far so good. A little spendy. Around $120 U.S. But, quality like most Tamiya products is top notch. The size and weight is right. The lamp and magnifying glass seemed to be very well thought out. Not in the way. But handy when one needs it. Over all, I’m both pleased and impressed. They have a cutting that you can buy separately, designed to fit the main work area. I have that on order, and according to tracking, should arrive in today’s mail. 

Cutting above means “cutting pad.” I hate that they took the feature away from us, so can make quick corrections to our post, like we use to be able to. I make enough mistakes, mainly missing word right above, that I could still use it. 

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...