Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My oldest son brought these to me today! 

Found at an antique shop for 10 bucks each.

The Model T kit is complete.

The Matadoor has all the stock parts except headlights, taillights, front turn signal lenses, swaybar and decals.

20210509_211011.jpg

Johnny, I'm pretty sure the Mats headlights and front signal lights are molded to the grille, not separate pieces. That's how they are on my '77.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Johnny, I'm pretty sure the Mats headlights and front signal lights are molded to the grille, not separate pieces. That's how they are on my '77.

No this has openings and appears they were chrome inserts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

No this has openings and appears they were chrome inserts.

Oh, I get it. Unplated grille with separate chrome lenses then, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OldTrucker said:

Yes!

I'd try a set of lenses from an AMT '70 Camaro with the SS nose. Looks pretty close and I bet those Mat pieces  will be pretty hard to come by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My buddy Mark just brought me a 911 Moby dick kit. Chris Smith , I , Mark and Steve received one. He made a deal with Mr. Hiro and gave each one of us a kit. 1/12 martini 911 . Might have to put away the 917/30 to do this. 

8D0B7EF7-FD5F-4C98-AE0F-4BBED95C763B.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brudda said:

My buddy Mark just brought me a 911 Moby dick kit. Chris Smith , I , Mark and Steve received one. He made a deal with Mr. Hiro and gave each one of us a kit. 1/12 martini 911 .

 

That is a very very nice friend. 

Edited by keyser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2021 at 11:45 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Well, I must be popular because ewetwo sent me some fan mail:

fan.jpg.f16b5a8c35953716a144dbe973585a82.jpg

An evening's work and now it looks a bit more like the one from the '70 Wildcat:

IMG_0501.JPG.a9241a6d407d27a916efc3f1991555e1.JPG

406804222_70buickfan.jpg.04624f9ae5598246ef441dae9497b222.jpg

Thanks David! :)

Also scored a couple cans of Testor's Metalizer Aluminum and a can of Fabric Tan on $1.67 clearance from the Deerfield Hobby Lobby. Was hoping they'd have the GTO Super Stocker, but not yet.

 

 

You are more than welcome Chris. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got this today. I want to replicate my Mechanic's Nova. Now all I need is a photo as I've never seen it. Only was told about it. He hasn't done anything with it in 20 years which is a shame. 

image1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I want to replicate my Mechanic's Nova. Now all I need is a photo as I've never seen it. Only was told about it. He hasn't done anything with it in 20 years which is a shame. 

 

Build it the way that you want to, then glue a dusty car cover over it.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, keyser said:

 

Oh yes he is really generous. I, Steve H , Mark and Chris Smith are receiving one. Going to be a group build. He knows Mr Hiro and traded many thousands of dollars of models from Mr Hiro. So he had a chance to get these for just a little compared to retail. So he gave us all one and here we go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Oh yes he is really generous. I, Steve H , Mark and Chris Smith are receiving one. Going to be a group build. He knows Mr Hiro and traded many thousands of dollars of models from Mr Hiro. So he had a chance to get these for just a little compared to retail. So he gave us all one and here we go. 

Cool. I could probably claim him as dependent on taxes, but I'm not a hitter like that. Post in build thread if time. Enjoy in health. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I want to replicate my Mechanic's Nova. Now all I need is a photo as I've never seen it. Only was told about it. He hasn't done anything with it in 20 years which is a shame. 

image1.jpeg

I have 2 of these that I bought when they first came out....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Got this tonight. Looks like enough parts for the 36' and 44' trailers.

Also got this started belly tanker project.

Later-

20210513_201819.jpg

20210513_201837.jpg

20210513_210017.jpg

20210513_210007.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Deathgoblin said:

I lucked into a 1/24 Airfix Aston Martin 007 kit.  She's a little gluebombed, but looks to be pretty complete.  Got it for $29.  :)  

You win Score of the Day! Yeah, it's early, but I doubt we'll hear of better. Congrats! B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some stuff I got in the mail in the last couple of weeks.Looking forward to getting back to building since I have been in the hospital for over a month for double pneumonia.I was released recently and hopefully I can return to building in a couple of weeks.

440D1F41-9052-4B3A-A3DA-849BD6495AC8.jpeg

22C7D66C-D576-4EA9-892C-32D70B0CB889.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...