Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

34 minutes ago, alexis said:

The Rupp Super Sno Sport, is the odd one to me. I cannot believe that there exists enough demand for this one yet.

Agreed, but as James Duff mentioned many times, what's old to you and I might be a case of "first time I've ever seen that!" for some who haven't been hobby aware since the last reissue in 2006.

The word 'oddball' truly does not do this kid justice, and I've wondered how a kit of this one-off machine came to be, but, 1/20 MPC. 🤷‍♂️ If you are looking for a Gurney-Weslake V8, this kit is your savior. Some interesting parts and pieces (bogey wheels, etc.) but ultimately, a drag snow machine, and in 1/20 scale to boot.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

what's old to you and I might be a case of "first time I've ever seen that!" for some who haven't been hobby aware since the last reissue in 2006.

I remember reading that the average stay in the hobby is 18 months.. so in theory you could reissue every kit every two years and it’s a whole new audience. 

And the comment, “I see loads of that kit at shows for $5-10!” Doesn’t fly either since the target audience doesn’t attend (or even know about) our shows.

• Like 1

Sort of disappointed the Ivo dragster does not come with the Wheel Pants and different nose option, like on the original kit. Or maybe they will do it on a 2nd release of the kit with just the wheel pants and nose, just thinking out loud.

13 hours ago, tbusch said:

Sort of disappointed the Ivo dragster does not come with the Wheel Pants and different nose option, like on the original kit.

I think it was the second issue, T-399, from '74 or '75, which included the wheel pants, not the original T-174, which was, ehem, pantsless. 😁

AMT1972SellSheet4-vi.jpg

T-399, molded in blue, with wheel pants:

AMTTTIvowPants.jpg.1d735d3bddce3cb054c6b149d7070d41.jpg

AMTTTIvowPants3.jpg.e0d1ba5b2d567c982dd6de450a3ae109.jpg

AMTTTIvowPants2.jpg.590f9de6c6dbf3f9db79d89d995a52a9.jpg

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think it was the second issue, T-399, from '74 or '75, which included the wheel pants, not the original T-174, which was, ehem, pantsless. 😁

AMT1972SellSheet4-vi.jpg

AMTTTIvowPants3.jpg.e0d1ba5b2d567c982dd6de450a3ae109.jpg

AMTTTIvowPants2.jpg.590f9de6c6dbf3f9db79d89d995a52a9.jpg

Thanks for the info, do not ever remember seeing the first one in you pictures. Did it have the wing mounted behind driver like picture shown, if so I do not remember if Ivo ever had a setup like that. That would be more like the Spirit TF that Arnie Behling drove.

6 minutes ago, tbusch said:

Thanks for the info, do not ever remember seeing the first one in you pictures. Did it have the wing mounted behind driver like picture shown, if so I do not remember if Ivo ever had a setup like that. That would be more like the Spirit TF that Arnie Behling drove.

I think that was just early artwork for the sell sheet, but the original box art appears the same as the forthcoming reissue:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I think that was just early artwork for the sell sheet, but the original box art appears the same as the forthcoming reissue:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks again, man I am getting old. I have both kits (both built) I remember buying the first one, but do not remember getting the second one, but I have it with pants and all. 

Terry

47 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Neat wheels, look similar to the custom wheels in the annual '66 Impala.

I'm sure Round2 wants to get their money's worth out of the re-tooled Reactor wheels. Makes building a Jupiter 8 even easier, too. 😁

Jupiter8.jpg.c490efa441f7d9281a673ba426e43022.jpg

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Would be cool if they did the Orange version this time around 

1974 TV Tommy Ivo Top Fuel Dragster | S122 | Kissimmee 2022

After all, it was a more memorable car...

TommyIvodragster_09_1500.jpg

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm sure Round2 wants to get their money's worth out of the re-tooled Reactor wheels. Makes building a Jupiter 8 even easier, too. 😁

Jupiter8.jpg.c490efa441f7d9281a673ba426e43022.jpg

That car fits in well with the R2 Star Trek line too..........kinda a two for one deal if they'd tool it!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Nice to see the Monte Carlo Super Stocker coming back. Still trying to think of a different body for that chassis that would blow a few minds... maybe Jo-Han '77 Caddy? tango_face_grin.png.29417af27c163421d5833793a434334f.png

Rat Packer's a no-brainer, since the Moebius '65 is almost here; still don't know why they blew a similar opportunity with the '64 Comet when Moebius brought out their '65.

Edited by ChrisBcritter
  • Like 1