Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Chevy impala ss 1966 daily driver

happy grumpy

To me , the 66 impala is the best looking Chevy of the 60's. I built it as a daily driver with just enough neglect. Minor weathering on the bumpers and tires and a not too shiny paint.  Other than that, straight out of the box. An excellent kit from Revell. Not fit issues and a lot of details. Can't say about accuracy since I am no expert, but it looks pretty good to me.

As always, thanks for looking and commenting.

chevy 66 01.jpg

chevy 66 02.jpg

chevy 66 03.jpg

chevy 66 04.jpg

chevy 66 05.jpg

chevy 66 06.jpg

• Like 1

Great looking every day Impala SS. Nice slightly weathered look makes it very realistic. I also like this kit and was excited to learn that Revell was going to release it since I had a new '66 Impala SS in Danube Blur with Black interior. Mine came out of dealer inventory and had the thin white stripe tires of the day. 

Love it. My first car at age 17 was a 66 Impala SS 396, muncie 4 speed, 325 hp. Had a lot of fun in that car, Saturday night grudge matches at the local drag strip, cruising the streets. Wish I still had it. I've been looking for this kit so I can try to do a replica. That's a beautiful blue and the weathering is great. Nice job.