Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 2021 Bronco First Edition

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

Model Roundup now showing August for this one.

It was in the Round2 video today, Chad was saying it might be July when it shows up, not sure if he's accurate. I have noticed that MRU tends to add a few weeks to their available date and then pleasantly surprise us with it being sooner than expected. Whenever it shows up, I'm betting it will sell out quick. I might have to get a couple!

10 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

It was in the Round2 video today, Chad was saying it might be July when it shows up, not sure if he's accurate. I have noticed that MRU tends to add a few weeks to their available date and then pleasantly surprise us with it being sooner than expected. Whenever it shows up, I'm betting it will sell out quick. I might have to get a couple!

It'll be at least July, it's not part of the June distribution list at all, and some of the July kits have already been added "on top" of the June releases (meaning it won't be a last minute addition for this month).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in on the Bronco when it was announced, but now that we just took delivery of our own 1:1 last week,  I'll need more than 1.

I know Steve said there are more versions planned for this tooling, but I'm hoping one of the 3D guys comes up with these wheels before too long.

image.png.edeabf4cc9d07c25698a765d16a54ae7.png

• Like 1

I just delivered this one last week to a client. 2023 Outer Banks Advanced. We then did a 2" lift and added tires from a Sasquatch package. 

In the 2dr alone, there are 13 different trim levels, so trying to order the right one for a client can be a challenge. This client wanted painted flares, the 35" tires, heated steering wheel, but not leather. 

Took some outside the box thinking, but we did it.

20230615_152839.jpg

The next one that comes in, I'm going to take some close up detail pics, so that when my kits arrive, I can get the painting correct.

Thought about building a couple for clients that buy them. Kind of a "thanks for your business" gift. Except that the majority of our clients go for the 4dr.

Anyway...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't toot my own horn here a lot, but I did have some tips on getting the body on which sent me for a loop at first but once I realized what I was screwing up it dropped on easily.

Hope you all enjoy my uber fast build up of this well designed modern kit.  I give old school reissues a pass on a lot of stuff because tech wasn't that great, kits were designed off pictures, etc  and they had a lot of hand cut molds, but I try to hold modern kits to a much higher standard. 

Edited by hpiguy
  • Like 8

On 6/23/2023 at 10:06 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I just delivered this one last week to a client. 2023 Outer Banks Advanced. We then did a 2" lift and added tires from a Sasquatch package. 

In the 2dr alone, there are 13 different trim levels, so trying to order the right one for a client can be a challenge. This client wanted painted flares, the 35" tires, heated steering wheel, but not leather. 

Took some outside the box thinking, but we did it.

20230615_152839.jpg

The next one that comes in, I'm going to take some close up detail pics, so that when my kits arrive, I can get the painting correct.

Thought about building a couple for clients that buy them. Kind of a "thanks for your business" gift. Except that the majority of our clients go for the 4dr.

Anyway...

The painted flares look pretty darn nice!

17 hours ago, hpiguy said:

I don't toot my own horn here a lot, but I did have some tips on getting the body on which sent me for a loop at first but once I realized what I was screwing up it dropped on easily.

Hope you all enjoy my uber fast build up of this well designed modern kit.  I give old school reissues a pass on a lot of stuff because tech wasn't that great, kits were designed off pictures, etc  and they had a lot of hand cut molds, but I try to hold modern kits to a much higher standard. 

I always like your tips and always watch your videos..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the kit and I will more than likely purchase one when I find a good deal on one. What gets me is the price of the curbside kits... like the new AMT Surf Shark caddie wagon and the AMT Mercury comet Caliente' when they first came out they were pricey, now that the hype is over they've come down substantially. I'm sure the same will go with this kit too.

I picked up my two at the CKM show in Clemmons NC, thanks to Wes at Wes's Model Car Corner. Already started looking at what tires/wheels I have to swap out and also looked at making a half cab conversion.......It's no wonder I never get a model completed! Lol

• Like 1

For a brand new tool, the details are super soft. It doesn't cost more to engrave a fraction of a mm deeper. Keep sending r2 your money though 🙄 It's a way better kit than the recent new camaro at least. Less toy like.