Model Cars Magazine Forum

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

As a tribute to the passing of Snake45

Absolutely perfect Bob!!

Thank you! for taking the time to find these... hopefully bringing it back to the top will bring new & continue the legacy.  😀 

Edited by Khils
  • Like 1

I well remember Mr. Snake trying hard to get folks to drag out and finish some deaders.

He even almost got me to finish something...and that takes some real doing.

image.png.340d10662a3669811d285bbc6fec180f.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

His thread on "what did you accomplish today" is still kicking around to this day and probably will be for a long time to come. 

He was one of my favorite contributors to the forum.   So much interesting content. 

Miss you buddy.   Rest in piece Snake. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

One of Snakes many interests was aviation, as a lot of you know. He was very knowledgeable, and was active in the aircraft modeling community.

Carl Slusher reminded me that he'd posted a photo of himself with a glider and asked me to find it for him.

Here's Snake in May of 2023, after recovering from his stroke back in 2022, standing next to a Schleicher ASK 21 sailplane.

image.png.9427849ac8a5f4afb1a11e8b7fd68aca.png

The ASK 21 is a 2-place trainer, and Snake was able to take a flight with an instructor pilot (who sits in the back seat) which he enjoyed immensely.

image.png.3fcb98fc6ef1e77dd90ce571f70ae800.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sad news. He was in my mind just a week or two ago when I did a bit of detailing to finish off a kit built by someone else, Snake-Fu as he called it. His Bring Out Your Dead thread and words of encouragement certainly helped me get a few longstanding WIPs back onto the bench and finally into the cabinet.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Carl Slusher reminded me that he'd posted a photo of himself with a glider and asked me to find it for him.

Excellent find Bill! Thank you for posting this!!!

• Like 2

I am relatively new to the forum and never got to see him post in real time. I would go back to old postings and 8 out of 10 times I would always see Snake's touch. The time when I got the inkling something was wrong, was when I would go on to post that were still running and that seamed like something he would of commented on, there was no sign of Snake. Anyways,  I'm sure we will all miss his Snake-Fuing and his love for resurrecting glue bombs. 

RIP Snake.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Such a bummer, to hear of this. He was a great asset to this board. Seemed like a good guy, too. I finished at least a couple of projects because of the "Bring Out Your Dead" thread. He was always gracious, when I didn't finish, in time!

Edited by Straightliner59
  • Like 3

RIP Snake45.  I always enjoyed his threads and his extensive knowledge of classic kits.  Especially the Snake-fu restorations of old builds.  Sad to hear that he passed.  My condolences to his family.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

We were friends.

All but one us were his friend!!

....he knows who I'm referring....& still owes him an apology.