Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Where did you get the decal sheet from?, I like it and would like to get a sheet.

Rocketeer Decals in Japan, they haven't got them listed on there website, but they have them on their eBay shop, get in quick as they only have 5 sets left .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Decal-for-1-24th-Renault-R4-F4-Price-2-USD-reduced-by-weak-JPY-/261813990660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf5547504

Edited by GeeBee

I've had a good few days. I was on a bit of a hiatus again (this happens with me, I get absorbed with something else and modeling takes a back seat for a while). In the past few days, and thanks to some non-cash awards at work (that were converted into Amazon gift cards). I purchased the following:

Tamiya’s Toyota HiAce Quick Delivery van

Hasegawa’s Lancia Stratos HF – 1977 Safari Rally

Revell Auto Transporter

Revell Hot Rod Hydro boat

MPC 1/16 Buddy Baker Charger

Moebius Tim Flock ’56 Chrysler

And on a separate trip to Hobby Lobby with 40% coupons I got the AMT 1/16 Mustang and the Lindberg 1938 Custom Ford Van.

Now, what to build next…

I need to have your luck....been after a 64 Pontiac to convert into a 4door wagon like my mom use to own for awhile now...I have loads of memories riding in the back of it as a kid...LOL...

I know what you mean - I'd like to get a '64 Bonneville vert and a '64 GP to make my old Catalina 2+2.

I know what you mean - I'd like to get a '64 Bonneville vert and a '64 GP to make my old Catalina 2+2.

Chris...tell me about it...I love models/promos from this era and like the big bodied cars. I have some others but have to find/afford needed part to restore them. I have a goal to build vehicles the family owned for the memories.

I did a trade with a fellow clubmember at last nights meeting and ended up coming home with a Monogram Buick GSX in this really fantastic version from 1989

176125-10571.jpg

And I also got this one in the trade

Mach1FormulaOneTeamBoatTruckSet.jpg

These are not my pics BTW, I have not taken any pictures of the kits myself yet but can if someone is interested.

Tamiya’s Toyota HiAce Quick Delivery van

Hasegawa’s Lancia Stratos HF – 1977 Safari Rally

Congratulations. Those two are great kits of really cool subjects. I'm currently finishing up a Stratos and have a couple of backups in the stash. And I went through a period of acquiring as many of the HiAce Quick Delivery kits as I could lay my hands on: I love that thing for some inexplicable reason.

I did a trade with a fellow clubmember at last nights meeting and ended up coming home with a Monogram Buick GSX in this really fantastic version from 1989

176125-10571.jpg

And I also got this one in the trade

Mach1FormulaOneTeamBoatTruckSet.jpg

These are not my pics BTW, I have not taken any pictures of the kits myself yet but can if someone is interested.

Great colors for a GSX!!! Used to love this kit as a kid!

Have fun building it. Do you already know which colors you're gonna use?

Great colors for a GSX!!! Used to love this kit as a kid!

Have fun building it. Do you already know which colors you're gonna use?

I think that the GSX will be built out of the box so in white with the decals. I think however that I will have a littlebit of chrome on it, like the rims and maybe the trim around the headlights and around the windows.

Dude!! That would be enough to keep me busy for 5-1/2 years!!! Good Lord!!! Nice score Stephen!

I got this in the mail today. Only three more to get the whole bunch of 'em. (I built all of these as a kid so I'm anxious to get a second shot at them.)

2015-06-09%202015-06-09%20001%20001_zpsj

Congratulations. Those two are great kits of really cool subjects. I'm currently finishing up a Stratos and have a couple of backups in the stash. And I went through a period of acquiring as many of the HiAce Quick Delivery kits as I could lay my hands on: I love that thing for some inexplicable reason.

Thanks! I love the Hasegawa really car kits. The HiAce was just too cool to pass up.

I purchased this y'day, a Modelhaus ' 61 Starliner kit with open hood. I'm assumimg I can use the chassis and powertrain from AMT's ' 60 Starliner kit. No matter, I'll find something. The only other thing I can tell you is . . . it's gonna be wearing some torque thrusts. ;)

61_zpshoxjerjx.jpg

Not a big deal to some perhaps, but definitely a big deal to me, four cans of Testors lacquers were just delivered, the maroon being destined for my AMT '25 "T", along with gloss black.

metallics%20002_zpstd7ydt0a.jpg

I know where your coming from, just to get some well needed supply staples for my budget right now is like winning the lottery, I love the colors they have in lacquer line up my all time fav is the rootbeer lays down flawlessly and covers wonderfully have to try that lime color thou.

I know where your coming from, just to get some well needed supply staples for my budget right now is like winning the lottery, I love the colors they have in lacquer line up my all time fav is the rootbeer lays down flawlessly and covers wonderfully have to try that lime color thou.

I'm looking so forward to slamming together a couple of cars, after the tedium that another project is becoming.

I'm looking so forward to slamming together a couple of cars, after the tedium that another project is becoming.

Kevin we are in the same boat been working solely on one huge project to the point of total burn out, have two kits that im trying to build box stock to at least see two complete this year, but its so hard to not go "box stock only, but well this would look better full detail, well i can just open the doors, and....." hard to force myself to just box stock you know how the detail bug hits you................

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...