Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

4 hours ago, slusher said:

You should talk to him and eBay...

Absolutely!

Contact the seller.

If it didn't look like that when yo bought it, he should want to make it right.

He might try to blame the shipper, but if it would have been packaged defensively, as any rare model should be, it wouldn't have happened.

Steve

5 hours ago, kelson said:

Was excited about this Ebay win til i opened the box,i was aware of the little chunk missing from the roof...but? 

As others have advised, eBay has a resolution procedure to make this right. You can even upload photos to prove your point. Poor packing is clearly to blame there, so go through the available channels.

I've had a few models arrive damaged, and I got at least a significant partial refund on every one...including one 1/8 scale Pocher that was pretty expensive.

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Absolutely!

Contact the seller.

If it didn't look like that when yo bought it, he should want to make it right.

He might try to blame the shipper, but if it would have been packaged defensively, as any rare model should be, it wouldn't have happened.

Steve

I've had a few come from eBay sellers, and one from a member of another forum that arrived damaged. In every case, I contacted the seller first. Each time, the seller offered a satisfactory partial refund, except one. That seller sent me another complete kit, and told me to keep the broken one, too. So, now I have two 1968 FORD Thunderbird kits, one with a destroyed body in it.

In all these cases, I didn't have to get eBay involved, but I would have if any of those sellers had balked on me.

Scored a "Tom Daniel California Vette." Seems to be complete and fairly cleanly built. I bought one of these missing a few parts and with some glue damage at the local toy show last year. Hoping I'll now have enough stuff to get one together absolutely OOB, and one with a few mods to put my own "flava" on it (i.e., un-Daniel it a little bit). 

8 hours ago, Bucky said:

I've had a few come from eBay sellers, and one from a member of another forum that arrived damaged.

I once had a seller ship a 1963 Chrysler convertible built up in a bubble mailer. Crushed windshield and frame of course. Back in the days before PayPal and buyer protection. Seller responded, “You’re a modeler, fix it!”  Appropriate feedback left!

2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

This showed up on my doorstep today. It's in beautiful shape. Plastic is bright white, decals look great and chrome is beautiful.

Later-

IMG_20200708_180408265.jpg

IMG_20200708_180446883.jpg

IMG_20200708_180511623.jpg

I think I'll be jealous, now! LoL

Great capture!

Went to Hobby Lobby for a few display cases (Fit's over sized 1/18 auto's or 1/25 Semi Truck's. Then found the New re-issued Ford snow plow, and I think they miss priced the kit! So with  my smart phone in hand to use the digital 40% off of the kit made it $14.99!!!!

DSC04907.JPG

DSC04908.JPG

Another Trabant joins the stash,  I really wasn't looking for another, but in my defence it only cost me £13.89 ($18) I thought they had got the price wrong and was expecting them to cancel the order, but it arrived this morning 

20200710_104435.jpg

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

Another Trabant joins the stash,  I really wasn't looking for another, but in my defence it only cost me £13.89 ($18) I thought they had got the price wrong and was expecting them to cancel the order, but it arrived this morning 

At that price it is never wrong to add another one. Do they have more with the "wrong" price? I have been looking for a Trabbi but not found one at a good price.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...