Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked these up at an Estate Sale this morning. The rarer kits were gone. Guy had about 50 kits. Mostly Johans. Sadly the Desoto had a tire burn in the hood though not too bad. Odd thing was the owner opened all the kits. Took the instructions and decals out and put them in big manila envelopes. Everybody there was asking why. 

today.jpeg

• Like 8

I got these yesterday. Never disappointed in ICEMAN, the grill looks amazing. The wheels & tires are a gift from a fellow modeler here. I'm not sure if he would want me to mention his name but you know who you are & THANKS SOOO MUCH!. This is a great community here for sure.

IMG_0921.JPG

• Like 3

Originally built this Monogram Dodge Super Bee either in or just out of high school. Found an original sealed kit complete with new looking decals and a couple packets of Turtle Wax. While the body is dark metallic blue the pictures on the box side show the model in a lighter blue color that looks close in appearance to TS-54. 

DSC_5562 (2).JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Took the instructions and decals out and put them in big manila envelopes. Everybody there was asking why. 

today.jpeg

Came across the same thing with a big model airplane collection but he put the decals in a few ziplock bags instead, for the obvious reason.

3 hours ago, mchook said:

This is a great community here for sure.

IMG_0921.JPG

Definitely agree! Been on the receiving end of 'pifs' myself  B)

Edited by mk11

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Kind of lost control at an on-line auction this morning and bought these kits.  Hope I wasn't bidding against one of our members.

687-1 (1).jpg

688-1.jpg

692-1.jpg

Nice. Love the Oldsmobile and Classic Mercedes. What's in the 63 customizing kit?

1 hour ago, mk11 said:

Came across the same thing with a big model airplane collection but he put the decals in a few ziplock bags instead, for the obvious reason.

Definitely agree! Been on the receiving end of 'pifs' myself  B)

It's funny. He took all the instructions and decals out of the kits but never did anything to protect the glass or bag the tires so they wouldn't burn into the plastic. LOL. 

On 2/24/2023 at 7:03 PM, kelson said:

Today's arrivals.🤠IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.cd9c571a0a0d00ba1abc26939fec39e5.JPG

Nice van kit Curtis..

On 2/24/2023 at 7:46 PM, KWT said:

Got these in the mail today... I definitely didn't need anything else, but I'm more excited about these 2 that I have been anything in a while

image000000.jpg.e861724d8105bb2005374eee33701a55.jpg

Two nice kits Jeremy!

22 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Picked these up at an Estate Sale this morning. The rarer kits were gone. Guy had about 50 kits. Mostly Johans. Sadly the Desoto had a tire burn in the hood though not too bad. Odd thing was the owner opened all the kits. Took the instructions and decals out and put them in big manila envelopes. Everybody there was asking why. 

today.jpeg

Some nice kits David, every Chevette kit I find they bid it out of my price range,, nice score".

On 2/24/2023 at 8:46 PM, KWT said:

Got these in the mail today... I definitely didn't need anything else, but I'm more excited about these 2 that I have been anything in a while

image000000.jpg.e861724d8105bb2005374eee33701a55.jpg

Picked these 2 up at autorama plus the Ford ramp truck.