Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

23 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

There was a Phoenix model swap meet today.  I sold 4 kits, but bought 3, so I hardly reduced my stash.  With all the 3D printed engines available now, and wheel/tires to choose from, the Rolls should make a fun restorod.  For some reason I like those BMWs, this Alpina turbo is sweet.  The Austin Healey is the multiple body parts era, but has an engine, and it's different.  Can't have too many tools and decals.

IMG_5677.thumb.jpg.d384d5bf556f778c62505aa6208696dd.jpg

Dang! I had no idea there was one going on!  Nice pick ups! Love the BMW

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:23 PM, PatW said:

Id love to know what the 'beach buggy' is on the front page in orange, please?

Pretty sure that's Gary Kulchuck's. It's a Meyer Manx with a metric ton of modifications, scratch-building, and kit bashing involved and it's "powered" by the engine out of a Tamiya 1st Gen NSX. It's really quite something to see in person, one of those models you can look at all day and keep finding new things.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Pretty sure that's Gary Kulchuck's. It's a Meyer Manx with a metric ton of modifications, scratch-building, and kit bashing involved and it's "powered" by the engine out of a Tamiya 1st Gen NSX. It's really quite something to see in person, one of those models you can look at all day and keep finding new things.

Thanks James. I think I'll try to find a good picture/build of it.

Edited by PatW

Won one of these last night on the Ebay. Really only wanted it for that nice winch bumper and the nerf bars and skid plate for my Monogram CJ7 project, so I guess you will be seeing the rest of the kit in the trade section. You can still build a pretty decent Wrangler from what's left.

4729-1481369808-bild-1200.jpg

I won a 58 Plymouth fury..the Christine version. It came from shop goodwill a online auction. I've wanted to build this kit for a long time. Of course me being me it will be a pro street. I'll prob use the GTX pro street as a donor. Try to keep it factory with the white walls all around. And keep the engine under the hood. I'll keep you posted

48 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Received a set of delicate 3D-printed resin spoke wheels from France:

P1070719.JPG.5dc303618d44363ff8440949c1c24207.JPG

Will open a topic in the aftermarket section with more details.

What can be achieved with 3D printing these days, just blows me away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959scudetto said:

Received a set of delicate 3D-printed resin spoke wheels from France:

P1070719.JPG.5dc303618d44363ff8440949c1c24207.JPG

Will open a topic in the aftermarket section with more details.

ooooooooooweeeeeeeeee those look nice.  Def keep sharp blades away lol. 

• Like 1

March has been Jeep month for me. Just got one of these from eBay. Should take a few days to get here. This version come with all the parts to build a nice custom backwoods version Already have tires/wheels picked out for it. A small block Chev and other goodies from the Deserter pickup. I built another version of this kit as a lad and now I'm gonna take another bite at the apple. Should be cool. Look for that cannon and military goodies in the trade section.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

Old Heller 1/24 Traction Avant Citroen 15 CV, another important car from an engineering standpoint as a pioneer in unibody automobile construction. Battered box, virgin inside, cheap.

Picture 1 of 10

Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT, which became "necessary" after seeing an outstanding build of one on the forum here, and it was priced well under market. Plus, I have a fondness for the real cars.

Picture 2 of 6

And a very clean, complete and unmolested 1/24 Monogram '36 Ford. I had several in various states of restorable, but always wanted an un-buggered one. Always one of my all-time favorite designs from Ford, too. Not cheap, but not too bad for the 6-way customizing issue.

Picture 1 of 17

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Old Heller 1/24 Traction Avant Citroen 15 CV, another important car from an engineering standpoint as a pioneer in unibody automobile construction. Battered box, virgin inside, cheap.

Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT, which became "necessary" after seeing an outstanding build of one on the forum here, and it was priced well under market. Plus, I have a fondness for the real cars.

And a very clean, complete and unmolested 1/24 Monogram '36 Ford. I had several in various states of restorable, but always wanted an un-buggered one. Always one of my all-time favorite designs from Ford, too. Not cheap, but not too bad for the 6-way customizing issue.

Picture 1 of 17

Ya' need a photoetched and resin LaSalle grille for that thing?🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Picture 1 of 10

Picture 2 of 6

Picture 1 of 17

Love that Alfa Romeo kit! I built it several years back after picking a sealed kit up off of FB locally for $15! Can't get anywhere near it now for that. Even then it was a steal.

Later-

• Like 1

Got my final Jeep today (flat fender). I got the late model Wrangler yesterday.  Only bought that one for the bumper, nerf bars and snorkel.  Look for the rest of it in the trade section. The tires and wheels are pretty nice.  Also look for the anti aircraft gun from the militarily Jeep.

20230316_133015.thumb.jpg.815ed9a34672459aed55c990079160c6.jpg

• Like 1