Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, Leica007 said:

Finally got a Dodge van kit for my collection, the Bad Company kit, on Ebay for a good price.  Just happened to find the listing about 15 min left with no other bidders. I guess I'm still a vanner at heart.

That a good find and no other bidders to fight with!

This counts, right?

I hate coffee, and drink a lot of tea, so as soon as I saw this I had to order some. Can't imagine there's much of this in Canada right now!

Only took about a week to get from the UK to western Canada. And look at that date.  it's fresher than anything I'd find in grocery stores here. 

And tastes pretty dang good!

20230208_062826.jpg

• Like 4

This looks like a dumb post, excited to get Model Master flat black paint.  But I had a bad feeling back in May 2020, when Hobby Lobby almost never had any in stock.  Then the brand went extinct.  So I went on eBay, found only one vendor, splurged.  The price isn't as ridiculous as one bottle of buffing metalizer for over $37.
2062458371_ModelMasterflatblack.thumb.jpg.0be2589fb42b582c3d54b77a31f1ea62.jpg

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

This looks like a dumb post, excited to get Model Master flat black paint.  But I had a bad feeling back in May 2020, when Hobby Lobby almost never had any in stock.  Then the brand went extinct.  So I went on eBay, found only one vendor, splurged.  The price isn't as ridiculous as one bottle of buffing metalizer for over $37.
2062458371_ModelMasterflatblack.thumb.jpg.0be2589fb42b582c3d54b77a31f1ea62.jpg

Alright I have to ask what's so great about that paint that couldn't be replicated by Vallejo or any other paint brand that does FS color matching paint colors.

Edited by niteowl7710

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Alright I have to ask what's so great about that paint that couldn't be replicated by Vallejo or any other paint brand that does FS color matching paint colors.

Acrylic vs. enamel.  Ford vs. Chevy.  Coke vs. Pepsi.  AMT vs. Revell.  

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I think Tamiya LP-3 would of been a better choice. But if there selling like that I got ton of model master paint colors brand new except black. Also a can of there aluminum plate buffing metalizer 3 oz can. 

My local HL got a restock since my last visit - still doesn’t have any of the Revell 55 Gasser kits; but I had wanted one of the Revell 37 Fords so that followed me home:

3A208703-6A4C-431D-9BC0-BCE147B3B6BD.jpeg.a5914c329e610ca47679dba62bcb1a7f.jpeg

Plus some lacquer, a new color of a wash I’ve been enjoying experimenting with lately, and some acrylic for a diorama piece I’m working on…

• Like 3

I got some .2mm lead foil to try for embossing blower belts. I think it's a tad thicker than the wine bottle foil I have, and may emboss more readily. Although I am happy with the wheels I built for my Junior Fueler, one of them was coming apart. Since I've been curious to get a first-hand look at Kurt Raitz's dragster wheels, I ordered a pair from Ted's Modeling Marketplace. They arrived, yesterday, in only three days. They look great on the car!

DSC_0002cr.jpg

• Like 1

The Round 2 / AMT '21 Dodge Charger kit finally came in at my model shop. I got in the car and drove thru a fresh 3" layer of snow to go pick it up. My observation is this kit is every bit as good as I had hoped. My only question is why people that live in this part of the world where you know it's going to snow from time to time and never seem to figure out how to drive in it. Several of the major hiways were actually shut down because of accidents, we're talking about 6 lane divided hiways. Lots of cars in the ditch and center divides with extensive body damage and some just abandoned.    

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, keyser said:

image.png.7c78e2a422cdaa3467d69345bff96ea6.png

Didn't see any car fires, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. People driving like their hair was on fire not even taking road conditions into account. I see the lady is still on her phone. Wonder if that's her car in the background.