Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Not something new but more of a reconnection, I’ve been home visiting my family and my sister said that there were some boxes in her basement that I left behind, now I moved 22 years ago so I was surprised that all this stuff still existed. 

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

Not something new but more of a reconnection, I’ve been home visiting my family and my sister said that there were some boxes in her basement that I left behind, now I moved 22 years ago so I was surprised that all this stuff still existed.

IMG_7479.jpeg

Aren't reunions wonderful?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

Such a nice thing to find again!

• Like 1

I ordered this through amazon for my glue bottles on my workbench and it is a very nice 3D print. I even left feedback and to be honest is rare for me. 

I figured it would be a crude 3d print and my expectation was just functional and I was very impressed.  

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

• Like 2

I got a box of 50 .6mm carbide drills. Can't pass those up for $30, shipped! Apparently, I don't feel like I can ever have enough of them. I think I have over 1000 carbide bits, in a lot of sizes. I buy re-sharpened ones, and have bought lots (not "a lot")of approximately 150 for about $30. I love them, in my machines, especially.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 3:45 PM, Bullybeef said:

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

A mother load. You have great sister seeing she held on to these so long.. My brothers blew all of my old builds up with fire crackers. LOL

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Keef said:

Stopped in one of my local Harbor Freight stores and picked up a couple of things. Out the door for less than $20, not too bad.

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

I'll have to stop by the one near me after breakfast tomorrow morning and pick up on those same items... 😎👍

• Like 2

^ I recently got a  built Johan Eldo of that era--decent but missing the chassis, engine, wheels and tires.  I have a spare AMT Escalade..thinking about cramming the Slide chassis/etc under the Eldo. 

Checked out a nice semi-local hobby shop this morning (Haven Hobby in Elyria, OH) and picked up a couple more MPC '76 Caprices..want to use the interior and chassis for some Too Many Projects 3D printed '70s Impalas.  

• Like 1

Latest shipment from HobbyEasy in Hong Kong, I ordered this right before Christmas and was stuck waiting for some piece of this order to be fulfilled for almost a month. Regardless this shipment includes the latest version of Meng's Audi R8 GT3. This boxing strikes me as being on the fine edge of false advertising. Because the literature mentions this is the livery for the 3rd Place finishing car from the 2020 Macau GT race, the decals are incomplete as they are missing all of the race-directed sponsors, windshield banners, number placards, etc...albeit none of those things are on the box art either.

received_1141130600637123.jpeg.484149c3f21935725eba625230f4176f.jpeg

Also a load of parts. Looking at this picture now it's a bit more blurry than I wanted so here's a text list of the items...from top left

Hobby Design GMA T.50 Detail Up, Studio27 Toyota 91C-V Detail Up, Decalpool 1990 JTTC PIAA Honda Civic, Hobby Design Ferrari Logos (I have a Tamiya 360 Spider with old decals), and three items from Far Frog Models - 3D Printed Grilles for the NuNu Audi A4 and Volvo S70 and Cam Covers/Wiring & Coils for the GMA T.50.

20240210_101624.jpg.8028e66e8e49295131990024808b9d2d.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Went to a swap meet yesterday and came back with these.  Some are on the edge of my interest area but could be future trade fodder.

SAM_6216.JPG

SAM_6217.JPG

SAM_6218.JPG

Man, you have some great stuff there, Gerry!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deuces wild said:

Got these after breakfast this morning from HF... 2 packs of micro drill sets and the head lamp magnifier....😁👍

A BIG thanks to Keef for reminding me... Thanks bud!...😎👍

20240211_130043.jpg

Glad I could be of service 😂🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:25 PM, Keef said:

Stopped in one of my local Harbor Freight stores and picked up a couple of things. Out the door for less than $20, not too bad.

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

I just picked up those drill bits Saturday.👍

I also got a contour gauge I’m hoping will help with  a scratch building idea I have.

Bought the same head band about a year ago or so.  I don’t use it all the time, but it’s great when you need to get up close and personal with your work.👍😎

Edited by atomicholiday
  • Like 2