Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, deuces wild said:

Any chance you could do a spoon test on that color???... With and without the clearcoat???.. Hope I'm not asking too much...🫣🤓🫣....

No problem. It will be a couple of days though.

Later-

• Thanks 1

I needed this like I need a hole in my head. Bought a 1/8 1962 Ferrari GTO. Could not pass her up. I bought her cheap,  (still expensive) at $500. She was started so the price drop. The car was stripped and primed. Still needs a little bodywork but not a big deal. Hopefully all the parts are here. (I will inventory soon. )  Painting her the blueish silver car. I will have to look up the actual name. This is the car I wanted for a long time. Thought Agora would have me build it but it did not work out that way. Cannot complain as they have given me a lot of kits for free. Mark is responsible for this. Thank you sir. So here we go on another 1/8 kit. The car of my dreams. 

IMG_9999.jpeg

IMG_9997.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

• Like 6

a few recent arrivals. I had been thinking about getting the 39 delivery for a while but they just didn't seem to show up in the uk. But after looking on the auction site i found one in Austria (no L) that would ship to the uk. I was still undecided but i managed to stand on the glass for my coupe and i had noticed the coupe glass was in the delivery kit so the decision was made for me. The tractors i had already but only realised when i went to put them on the shelf, and the opel is because i'm doing the sedan version just now and I'd like to have another stab at it as i've made some errors along the way due to assembling the body first and something moved while it was setting so things just dont line up quite right. I'm going to take some of the blame but the instructions could be clearer for how the cowl area fits as it threw everything out.14529-1-1-resizewidth-1200.jpeg.7295b3292876e8c95bdcdf844597e466.jpeg

s-l1200.webp.11180a384ccd2d462f68332f8dbfe51b.webprevell-modellbau-starter-kit-deutz-d30-001.jpg.e36244861d1147eede73f32634898ad3.jpgcover_revell_bausatz.jpg.a69981b74d972ae08cfe69239b17f52a.jpg

• Like 7

I have read obout this stuff and if it is tough enough for fingernails, it should be fine for bumpers. It is really thick though, and I did a quick test by mixing it with Mr. Color leveling thinner. Next test will beto thin it enough to airbrush it over a black base.🙂

IMG_1839.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I have read obout this stuff and if it is tough enough for fingernails, it should be fine for bumpers. It is really thick though, and I did a quick test by mixing it with Mr. Color leveling thinner. Next test will beto thin it enough to airbrush it over a black base.🙂

IMG_1839.jpeg

Hmm... that stuff looks interesting. You should give us a full review.

• Like 2

Had some time to kill today & hit up the local indoor flea market. The usual flotsam & jetsam that you see in such places, but there was one booth that had 4 kits one of which followed me home. Seems the '56 Nomad is getting hard to find at a good price, much less the corrected version.

IMG_20240413_161406085.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Had some time to kill today & hit up the local indoor flea market. The usual flotsam & jetsam that you see in such places, but there was one booth that had 4 kits one of which followed me home. Seems the '56 Nomad is getting hard to find at a good price, much less the corrected version.

IMG_20240413_161406085.jpg

You stole that one!! 😳

• Like 2

Scored this Polar Lights "Manglia" buildup from one of the vendors at the Desert Scale Classic contest/swap meet in Phoenix. Objective is to apply the wheels and bits of chassis / parachute on the warped Fairlane promo I got off eBay last fall. Just need to get one of those double-stacked blowers from a Zinger kit and some kind of Ed Roth Fink-style driver with the right arm out the passenger window on a shifter. If my thumb in these photos is a usable scale measuring device, it looks like I'll have to add a bit of meat to the front tires …

Leaping Anglia.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Russell C said:

Scored this Polar Lights "Manglia" buildup from one of the vendors at the Desert Scale Classic contest/swap meet in Phoenix. Objective is to apply the wheels and bits of chassis / parachute on the warped Fairlane promo I got off eBay last fall. Just need to get one of those double-stacked blowers from a Zinger kit and some kind of Ed Roth Fink-style driver with the right arm out the passenger window on a shifter. If my thumb in these photos is a usable scale measuring device, it looks like I'll have to add a bit of meat to the front tires …

Leaping Anglia.jpg

theres a designer on cults that does a variety of ratfinks in various poses.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Russell C said:

Leaping Anglia.jpg

Been wanting to do something similar to my identical promo... could call it ' Hanmore, eat your heart out!'   ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HomerS said:

MC complete sans the motorcycle

Atlantis Caddy.....open complete so for $10 figured I would do something with it

April Indy show.jpeg

Including a Sidewinder!

Went to a small toy show today and picked up 3 books,4 magazines,3 new kits and a built up. The kits are a Fujimi Honda Mugen CRZ and a  Nissan Skyline 2.5,a Heller Citroen 15CV and the built up is a pristine AMT '60 Chevy convertible that's unpainted.

• Like 2

My wife made me go to her friend’s kids birthday party today, probably as punishment for going to Florida without her and spending too much time racking a tab on the company credit card in Hooters.  

Anyhoo…in return for redeeming myself at the kid’s party we hit Michael’s and Joann Fabrics in a town we don’t usually visit…

Found some paint and glue in Michael’s, and Joann had Atlantis kits PLUS a 40% off on their website so a Midget followed me home:

IMG_0778.thumb.jpeg.a62e3d590dc84bf9615ccffd000049c0.jpeg

• Like 1

Got the first 3 Saturday at my local Walmart. Felt bad for leaving those 2 poor Demons all alone on that cold lonely shelf so I went back today and bought some more. 

Hi my name is Keith and I’m an addict 😂🤣

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1