Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got a few things, today. The booklet in the Piranha kit is  almost worth the price of admission, itself. It's pages of nothing but gorgeous photos! I got the AMX because neither kits, nor promos are getting any cheaper, and,  I wanted something I could build--it'll likely be a curbside. Maybe either a Stock class drag car, or a road racer, of some sort.

2DSC_0009cr.jpg

2 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

I wonder if this thread would be as long as it is if Ebay had a "Build It Now" button instead of a "Buy It Now" button.

?

I doubt it. I'm guilty of buying more than I'll ever get around building. I rarely buy without the intention of building though. And surprising how much I do get done. 

2 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I got a few things, today. The booklet in the Piranha kit is  almost worth the price of admission, itself. It's pages of nothing but gorgeous photos! I got the AMX because neither kits, nor promos are getting any cheaper, and,  I wanted something I could build--it'll likely be a curbside. Maybe either a Stock class drag car, or a road racer, of some sort.

2DSC_0009cr.jpg

Can you show us and tell us more about the AMX? 

20 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

All I found on his Facebook page were lots of nice photos. With little, to no information. And a button to contact him. Contact him for what? I don't really know if he's offering anything I'm exactly interested in. From the photos I'm guessing he is. But, I'm not really sure from the his Facebook page is setup. At least that's what I found when I went there. 

Seriously?  I guess you didn’t read my post you quoted.  If you clicked on the link I posted, it goes to the first post on his page (the pinned post from January) that has the price list of items and ordering instructions.  And you could message him if you have a question on a specific item.  Pretty simple. 

9 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Can you show us and tell us more about the AMX? 

Oops! I meant to. It's a Johan/Xcel promo. I will get it back out and take a couple more photos, later. It's a '68, in "Classic Black" with a red interior, according to the box. I meant to mention all that, originally. Sorry.

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Like green much? :D

I think I'm going through a green phase, the Land Rover and VW Golf GTi I'm building are both green, oh and the last model I finished (Chevelle SS) was also green....

Edited by GeeBee

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Seriously?  I guess you didn’t read my post you quoted.  If you clicked on the link I posted, it goes to the first post on his page (the pinned post from January) that has the price list of items and ordering instructions.  And you could message him if you have a question on a specific item.  Pretty simple. 

Seriously! I read your post. I visited the site. I still don't think it's a good layout. And from another person's comment here, neither did they. There no indication to click on the first post, THAT I COULD SEE, to indicate it would have taken me to a list of models and prices. That does mean it's not there. I did not see it. I obviously I'm not up to you superior standards. So it was not "pretty simple" to me Mr. Hall. 

And after this exchange, I really now don't give a flying you know what, what the guy has to offer. I have plenty of both styrene and resin sitting in waiting to be build. And there other's out there where can find out what they're selling, and for how much in a lot easier manner. If I need (read want) something, I'll buy from them.  

I just made a comment that I didn't like the layout of his Facebook page. And for that reason I'm some kind idiot? 

Edited by unclescott58

8 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Seriously! I read your post. I visited the site. I still don't think it's a good layout. And from another person's comment here, neither did they. There no indication to click on the first post, THAT I COULD SEE, to indicate it would have taken me to a list of models and prices. That does mean it's not there. I did not see it. I obviously I'm not up to you superior standards. So it was not "pretty simple" to me Mr. Hall. 

And after this exchange, I really now don't give a flying you know what, what the guy has to offer. I have plenty of both styrene and resin sitting in waiting to be build. And there other's out there where can find out what they're selling, and for how much in a lot easier manner. If I need (read want) something, I'll buy from them.  

I just made a comment that I didn't like the layout of his Facebook page. And for that reason I'm some kind idiot? 

Umm, he was trying to help. Have you tried Decaff?

This was in Rob's post. Click on the picture, it takes you directly to pictures you can arrow thru.

You don't care, sorry, but others may. I posted a link for you when you couldn't find a cheap Trabant. So I guess I'll think twice? No good deed goes unpunished. 

Sorry Rob, I appreciated it. Facebook sux to navigate but it ain't your fault ?

Edited by keyser

9 minutes ago, keyser said:

Umm, he was trying to help. Have you tried Decaff?

This was in Rob's post. Click on the picture, it takes you directly to pictures you can arrow thru.

You don't care, sorry, but others may. I posted a link for you when you couldn't find a cheap Trabant. So I guess I'll think twice? No good deed goes unpunished. 

Sorry Rob, I appreciated it. Facebook sux to navigate but it ain't your fault ?

Hey! I used your link to buy Trabant. In fact go back to when you offered the help. I took it quite greatfully. Go back one page, you can see the Trabant I ordered using your help.

Mr. Hall basically tells me I'm idiot because I can't figure out how to easily navigate someone's Facebook page. So I become a villain when I stand up for myself? That kind of help I do not need or want. 

22 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Hey! I used your link to buy Trabant. In fact go back to when you offered the help. I took it quite greatfully. Go back one page, you can see the Trabant I ordered using your help.

Mr. Hall basically tells me I'm idiot because I can't figure out how to easily navigate someone's Facebook page. So I become a villain when I stand up for myself? That kind of help I do not need or want. 

I understand that. I'm glad you got one, that's what reminded me seeing the pic. It didn't seem to be a personal attack, nor was I vilifying you. 

The fact Facebook is not your thing didn't seem to deserve your taking it personally. Hence my Decaf joke. 

But, here we are. Sigh. Report the post if you think it's an attack. It's not about you. 

Edited by keyser
you you're your :(

2 minutes ago, keyser said:

I understand that. I'm glad you got one, that's what reminded me seeing the pic. It didn't seem to be a personal attack, nor was I vilifying you. 

The fact Facebook is not your thing didn't seem to deserve you're taking it personally. Hence my Decaf joke. 

But, here we are. Sigh. Report the post if you think it's an attack. It's not about you. 

Mr. Keyser, I do apologize. It's sometimes tough to tell on here whether somebody is joking or being serious. Without facial or body language, or voice inflection to fall back on, it's not always clear. There have been several times when I've made innocent comments that have been taken wrong.

9 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I give up on trying to offer to help.  Some people won’t read or don’t want help.  

And you Mr. Hall keep sticky you foot into it, from what I can see. Some of us do read and want other's help. But, at the same time, if we don't agree with you, or understand you, or what ever else, you do not need to insult us like it appears with this latest comment. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...