Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5 hours ago, hedotwo said:

Past week or so deliveries....  the '62 Bird is complete and not started.  The '60 Merc is missing just a couple of pieces of trim and the windshield frame is broke in the middle (actually repairing it today ?), otherwise complete and not started.  The '59 Johan Fury is a restoration candidate that I picked up.  Not too bad actually.

IMG_5741 (1).jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

It's a major win just to find one of these with an interior!

Not many of the original kits around anymore, and the X-EL re-pops didn't come with interiors.

Modelhaus used to produce replacement interiors for the X-EL kits, but we all know the ending to that story. :(

Steve

HOORAY! Bagged another long wanted kit! The surfboard, skateboard, the figure and the kool Stringray bike are long wanted extras. Plus the choice of pick up or woody is a big plus on my scoreboard!

photo-th.jpg

Edited by PatW

Got two sets of beautiful tires from Scenes Unlimited yesterday. Their T18 and T22 sets. The T 22's will be going on my Raptor. Not sure what I'll be putting the T18's on yet. I'll be ordering more from them soon.

Later- 

IMG_20200506_124400119.jpg

IMG_20200506_124724798_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200506_124835236_HDR.jpg

13 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got two sets of beautiful tires from Scenes Unlimited yesterday. Their T18 and T22 sets. The T 22's will be going on my Raptor. Not sure what I'll be putting the T18's on yet. I'll be ordering more from them soon.

Later- 

IMG_20200506_124400119.jpg

IMG_20200506_124724798_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200506_124835236_HDR.jpg

I bought the same a couple of years ago and put them on a scratchbuilt Baja Bug.................

photo-th.jpg

My wife surprised me with a little gift today - a hygrometer!

C961F916-6AA9-45F9-AA74-7A99D3BC697A.thumb.jpeg.c873d00142463700914ac0123d976ca0.jpeg

Being so close to ocean where we are, the humidity always seems high and I use weather forecasts to get an idea of when a good time to paint is - now I don’t have to guess!

Not super interesting, but a really useful tool for me!  Low humidity = smooth paint!  Soon as I opened it and let it acclimatise a little I noticed it was a super low humidity day so I shot some clear - came out pretty nice!

B77F63D6-D097-4A4A-A306-A5CD87F98F14.thumb.jpeg.04ee79f9c079aaf3295f0bbb480fcb81.jpeg

45 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

My wife surprised me with a little gift today - a hygrometer!

C961F916-6AA9-45F9-AA74-7A99D3BC697A.thumb.jpeg.c873d00142463700914ac0123d976ca0.jpeg

Being so close to ocean where we are, the humidity always seems high and I use weather forecasts to get an idea of when a good time to paint is - now I don’t have to guess!

Not super interesting, but a really useful tool for me!  Low humidity = smooth paint!  Soon as I opened it and let it acclimatise a little I noticed it was a super low humidity day so I shot some clear - came out pretty nice!

B77F63D6-D097-4A4A-A306-A5CD87F98F14.thumb.jpeg.04ee79f9c079aaf3295f0bbb480fcb81.jpeg

Looks really smooth Jim. Looks like it will be a useful tool.

Later-

On 5/6/2020 at 5:48 AM, PatW said:

HOORAY! Bagged another long wanted kit! The surfboard, skateboard, the figure and the kool Stringray bike are long wanted extras. Plus the choice of pick up or woody is a big plus on my scoreboard!

photo-th.jpg

If your going to own the MPC '29 Ford Woodie/Pickup kit, you've got have one above with Hot Curl. The gnarly surfin dude and his kool Schwinn Sting Ray. 

Mailman dropped this stuff off today.I have been looking for an MPC blazer for a good price.I was really looking forward to getting the 85-87 C10 grill and C10 Restomod wheels/tires from ZForce Modelworx.I will definitely purchase some more items from them in the future.

6C071E94-A28A-4CB8-AFB7-58F1E647671D.jpeg

Not as sexy as getting a kit, or a book, but wanted to try Splash paints aluminum and compare to Alclad.  Have the Auto Union planned this year.  Also wanted to try their one part clear, they also offer a two part, but their black primer two part will be my first attempt at such advanced paint.
IMG_2481_Fotor.jpg.900435a0475b817f2cb1ed2528a4c4b0.jpg

5 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

If your going to own the MPC '29 Ford Woodie/Pickup kit, you've got have one above with Hot Curl. The gnarly surfin dude and his kool Schwinn Sting Ray. 

Yes dead right unclescott58, I also found on the wibblywobbly web...........................

photo-th.jpg

6 hours ago, PatW said:

Yes dead right unclescott58, I also found on the wibblywobbly web...........................

photo-th.jpg

It's a shame, a few years back Round 2 announced they we're going to reissue the larger stand alone Hot Curl kit. Along with the models of his brother and girl friend. I was excited. Then nothing happened. I wish they would have followed through on that. I was too to even know about, much by the kit of, Hot Curl the first time around. 

IMG_2141.JPG

30 minutes ago, cobraman said:

This arrived yesterday 

73548781-0D1C-435A-AB8D-55E5A46DAB99.jpeg

Remember to fill in the vents in the hood.  Not a single 71-73 Mustang had those vents (only 65-70 did) regardless of whether it was the NACA or regular hood.  If you want to build a "correct" 73 Mach1 get decals from Keith Marks or Rayskits.  You can get creative with the engine compartment by grafting in the firewall and inner fenders from a RM 69-70 Mustang kit..  It's a lot of work but looks 100% better.

53 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

886829703_imcfordgt.jpg.524f45696964fcbffe128b9d25514d9a.jpg

756180667_imcfordgt2.jpg.8b090ca34fde3bf4a95580b6bb30ebe3.jpg

Since there was only one other bid on this resin '67 Fury, I got it cheap. I wasn't about to blow a wad on an original Johan kit.

Nice original IMC kit.  They are tricky to build but aside from the MPC or an expensive resin kit w/o an engine that's all that is out there.  The Testor's nd Union ones are the same molds.

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Remember to fill in the vents in the hood.  Not a single 71-73 Mustang had those vents (only 65-70 did) regardless of whether it was the NACA or regular hood.  If you want to build a "correct" 73 Mach1 get decals from Keith Marks or Rayskits.  You can get creative with the engine compartment by grafting in the firewall and inner fenders from a RM 69-70 Mustang kit..  It's a lot of work but looks 100% better.

Thanks for the info

Ah, the postal carrier brought more cool treats today. 

First, about a week ago a conversation on another thread here got guys talking about model car kits from the early 1980's. I expressed an interest in acquiring a model of a Ford EXP. Several people indicated they are easy to find. Well, I've been looking for a while, and finding nothing in the shape or price I'm willing to pay. Another member here, "Bucky", emailed me offering to sell me one at a reasonable price. Thank you Bucky. I'm very happy with what you sent me. As I noted in my personal message to you, it is better than I expected. 

Second, I received my third '66 Thunderbird I've purchased off of eBay in the last week or so. And it's also my third Hasegawa '66 American car kits I've received in the last week or so. With a fourth, a Cadillac I'm still waiting on. I'll tell you, these kits much better than people will lead one to believe. And better than I remember them from the one Buick I had years ago. The interior of the Thunderbird is less generic than what I expected from seeing the interiors of the Buick and Pontiac. 

As some here know, I love Chevy Corvairs. The third thing I got is a paper model of a '61 Corvair Lakewood station wagon. 

Forth, not car related. Kind of truck related. Is a Wacky Wobbler of Mr. Softee. I haven't seen a Mr. Softee truck I over 55 years. We had one our neighborhood back in the early 60's. But, I think with the short warm weather seasons hear in Minnesota, having a Mr. Softee franchise was not very profitable. But, I still have fond memories of buying ice cream from one. Mr. Softee will go good with my two other Wacky Wobblers, Colonel Sanders and Rat Fink. 

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

I thought I would give on of these resin Cobras a try.  I go it off an Ebay seller in the UK and the package did not take too long.  Although it's pretty much a shelf model (no engine) it at least should make something presentable an and a much lower cost than the higher end resin kits.

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

Since this pandemic, I'm not allowed to enter the hobby shop and shop, so I called my LHS and placed an order for supplies like paint, glue, sanding sticks, etc. and was able to pick them up at the back door and make the transaction. Good deal as I'm currently working on two model kits after an 11 month hiatus.

35 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I thought I would give on of these resin Cobras a try.  I go it off an Ebay seller in the UK and the package did not take too long.  Although it's pretty much a shelf model (no engine) it at least should make something presentable an and a much lower cost than the higher end resin kits.

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

I almost ordered one of those. There are a few different versions. I though for the price they should have rubber tires. They can be replaced of coarse but that then just more money. On another note thanks for the info on the Keith Marks decals for the 73 Mach 1. I just ordered them . I will be interested to see how this Cobra turns out. I'm sure you will do a fine job on it.

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

What scale is this? 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...