Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

31 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Scott, here is a link to download page for the Porsche instructions.

https://downloads.revell.de/Manuals-Modelkits/07679_%23BAU_PORSCHE_356_TYPB.PDF

Thank you Bill. That helps. It especially will give me a chance to if I'm missing anything other than instructions, decals, and stickers. 

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

You do realize that's a '64, correct? ^_^

Steve

Haha!  Yes sir!  Everything seems to fit pretty well from the little mock-up I did with my left-over ‘63 parts...doesn’t seem like AMT went to much effort to change their 63 tooling to 64 tooling, luckily for me.  It was listed as “63 or 64” and the photos weren’t too good, so I was hoping it would be a 63, but near enough for what I wanna do with it...

I can’t enter it in NNL East’s 63 Impala class...but I’ll have fun building it anyway! 

1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

Scott, here is a link to download page for the Porsche instructions.

https://downloads.revell.de/Manuals-Modelkits/07679_%23BAU_PORSCHE_356_TYPB.PDF

After doing a thorough inventory using the online instructions. Everything but the paper instructions, decals, and stickers are there. So that's good news. Now I'm anxious to get going on it. But, I'm going to wait until the seller gets back to me with their instructions on what they're going to do about the pieces that are missing. Like I said earlier. Bummer. ?

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

After doing a thorough inventory using the online instructions. Everything but the paper instructions, decals, and stickers are there. So that's good news. Now I'm anxious to get going on it. But, I'm going to wait until the seller gets back to me with their instructions on what they're going to do about the pieces that are missing. Like I said earlier. Bummer. ?

I'm really glad that this helped. Inventorying the contents was a good idea. Replacing both the instructions and decals/stickers would be ideal. Minimum the decals/stickers.

5 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Haha!  Yes sir!  Everything seems to fit pretty well from the little mock-up I did with my left-over ‘63 parts...doesn’t seem like AMT went to much effort to change their 63 tooling to 64 tooling, luckily for me.  It was listed as “63 or 64” and the photos weren’t too good, so I was hoping it would be a 63, but near enough for what I wanna do with it...

I can’t enter it in NNL East’s 63 Impala class...but I’ll have fun building it anyway! 

I assumed that you were aware, but I thought that just in case, I should bring it to your attention to help soften any "aaaw sh*t" reaction that might be forthcoming. :D

Steve

7 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I assumed that you were aware, but I thought that just in case, I should bring it to your attention to help soften any "aaaw sh*t" reaction that might be forthcoming. :D

Steve

I can imagine arriving at the show, putting the ‘63 Impala’ down with the other 63 Impalas and wondering why all the others look different ?

31 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Got these wire wheels from Model Builders Warehouse . I don’t believe I have seen better . Recommended . 

827DE567-5398-482C-9657-BACA67C40952.jpeg

Is that chunks out of the rims of the two on the right?

Other than that, they look great.

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got these wire wheels from Model Builders Warehouse . I don’t believe I have seen better . Recommended . 

827DE567-5398-482C-9657-BACA67C40952.jpeg

Those look good enough to make want to go out and find a model worthy of having them. 

Just snagged another '62 Newport shell; better than body of the gluebomb builder I picked up recently:

902443780_62chryslerbody1.jpg.747caa4fcadac108b89fc306c2174e8b.jpg

2078585454_62chryslerbody6.jpg.4322a88428dc6e6219da4485f2129330.jpg

1761420483_62chryslerbody5.jpg.70697ff210a1444637845d3cff816f86.jpg

1174093921_62chryslerbody8.jpg.74a6ac08f5147b9f984578251e0b7559.jpg

At least it has 90% of the windshield frame this time, and no glue or tire marks. Maybe I'll even open the doors and trunk leave well enough alone.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On 4/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, Rodent said:

Got something from Redding that a bunch of folks on here said that they certainly would buy when it became available, but I may be the only one to actually buy one. I don't see myself doing a full on Mr. Obsessive or Guthmiller on this because the donor chassis and engine compartment needs too much work to be accurate.

IMG_20200415_163547.jpg

Paul apparently saw this post and sent me a message. The pictured seats are "early production" and shouldn't have shipped with the kit. He said that the new ones are much nicer and he is sending me a set of them. Standup guy! 

9 hours ago, Rodent said:

Paul apparently saw this post and sent me a message. The pictured seats are "early production" and shouldn't have shipped with the kit. He said that the new ones are much nicer and he is sending me a set of them. Standup guy! 

Is that a 65 Galaxie wagon?

14 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

In today's mail. When having a Jeep is not enough. 

Good find!  Kit Archeology:  here's the original (and great) box art for that kit. It was first released by the Japanese company Peerless-MAX, way back in the 1970s.  

On the box, one WC-56 is towing a water trailer.  The water trailer was included in this version of the kit, and a cargo trailer was in the original issue of the Peerless-MAX WC-51 Dodge Weapons Carrier. When ITALERI got the molds, they removed the water and cargo trailers, and boxed the two of them as a separate kit. Cheapskates!

New 1/35 kits of the Dodge family were done by Skybow of Taiwan in the 1990's.  AFV Club later got those molds and put their name on the box. Those kits have engines, unlike the Peerless and Italeri kits.  One Dodge vehicle that Skybow didn't do was the WC-54 ambulance.  Some dedicated builders take the old Peerless/Italeri ambulance body, and swap the chassis of a Skybow kit under it.

Here's a comparison of the Italeri and Skybow WC-51 kits by armor kit expert Cookie Sewell.  He mentions the Eduard photo-etch set for the Italeri kit, which replaces clunkier parts like the grille bars with thin etched metal.  If you want to try that, it's Eduard Item No. 35610, "Dodge WC-56/57 Staff Car for Italeri Kit."

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/wc51beepreviewcs_1.htm

wc-56.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

This GT40 came in the mail yesterday from France.   Was on my list of I do not have one so in order to keep the world economy going I figured I would do what I can.  As for spending money locally, I have already spent over $2,000 on some things I have put off or néeded to get fixed on the full size cars. ? Never thought I would see the day people wearing masks while driving.   I am taking it to the next level.  ?

IMG_7725.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Talking about Dodge WC models, the one I wish someone would do is the WC53, the Carryall. Basically the Dodge military version the Chevrolet Carryall Suburban. Being a big fan of all Suburbans, I love to have a model of the Dodge WC53. Or the later Dodge Town Wagon. 

They do exist in 1/35 scale, but only in resin. Several companies make full kits of the Carryall, or resin bodies to fit the Italeri and Skybow chassis.  I just searched on "resin 1/35 scale dodge carryall" and got a few results.

I have a Carryall resin body picked up many years ago.  This is one time I'd prefer just a body to a full kit.  I hate working with resin chassis parts like leaf springs and tie-rods.  If they're in scale they're fragile and break very easily.

The Czech company Bilek has released several different versions of the old WC-54 ambulance kit:  a Signal Corps radio van, a nice Military Police version with a resin roof rack, and some others.  I keep hoping they'll step up and do a Carryall body, either in plastic or resin, and add it to the ambulance kit.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...