Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Mostly what I got was "outbid", but I did manage to get a '63 Comet windshield to replace the busted one in my '63 Falcon promo. Been saving a Modelhaus windshield frame for it; I have a vacuformed windshield  but I figure a styrene one will fit and support that delicate frame better. Now to find Rangoon Red paint that matches the body...

38 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

I really need to make a database on the computer to log my model stash, ordered this last night from a hobby shop in Germany, only to find out this morning I've alread got one in the stash.....

RM4056-2.jpg

You'll be glad you did, that kit's a parts mine. I've bought several iterations of the Revell '69 Camaro just for parts when I have a coupon and nothing else to use it on. B)

3 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I really need to make a database on the computer to log my model stash

I created an Excel sheet for just this purpose including what I paid for each kit. When I saw the total I spent on kits I regretted creating it. ;)

I am sure you are aware of https://www.scalemates.com/ I think it works well to get an overview of your stash.

Edited by dbostream

Ordered another 1962 Resin Ford kit .  I did one a few months ago as a replica of my first car . This one will be done more like a car I would like if I had one today . I notice it’s missing one interior door panel . Hopefully I can get one sent . 

DDAEB3F6-07F7-4216-AAC9-E99773D40D39.jpeg

F876E4EA-F913-4968-A13F-220D70D11B18.jpeg.54fe8bac21267e4308047e555efb1102.jpeg

The VW van came in yesterday’s mail! Interesting piece that I couldn’t pass up!

It’s the Fink’s Garage Bugburban. I saw it here on the board and ordered from eBay. 

Shipped immediately and received quickly!  Larry included two sets of wheels. It’s made to fit the Tamiya Beetle and doesn’t include a hood. It would be more versatile if hood was molded in place.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

It’s the Fink’s Garage Bugburban. I saw it here on the board and ordered from eBay. 

Shipped immediately and received quickly!  Larry included two sets of wheels. It’s made to fit the Tamiya Beetle and doesn’t include a hood. It would be more versatile if hood was molded in place.

Boy you not wasting time on yours. I bought the Tamiya VW which supplies the hood and lights and chassis plus stock wheels and tires and such. Looking forward to your finish product.

1 minute ago, cobraman said:

Boy you not wasting time on yours. I bought the Tamiya VW which supplies the hood and lights and chassis plus stock wheels and tires and such. Looking forward to your finish product.

I haven’t started mine yet! That’s the photo from the eBay ad!   I know I have at least one of the Tamiya kits down in the hoard. 

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

And I was just thinking that I should get rid of my Tamiya beetle...

I've looked on their website today and the Bugburban is on there but sales goes to ebay where it's not available, only wheels and seats. I've just tried to contact them but they need an item number as a heading on the contact email.

Edited by PatW

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

Ordered another 1962 Resin Ford kit .  I did one a few months ago as a replica of my first car . This one will be done more like a car I would like if I had one today . I notice it’s missing one interior door panel . Hopefully I can get one sent . 

DDAEB3F6-07F7-4216-AAC9-E99773D40D39.jpeg

Another non-Cobra kit.  Are you feeling OK, Ray?

14 hours ago, hedotwo said:

Love both of these.  Anything VeeDub and of course, the "leader's car" ?

Yea. I love them both too. For me I love any air-cooled VeeDub. Some of the water-cooled stuff is okay. But in general make mine air-cooled. 

The "WWII German Leader's Car." I wonder who they can be talking about there? ? A beautiful car used by such an evil man. I hate man, but love the car. It's the same way with ICM's Packard limousine. They offer it with or without figures of Stalin and few other contemporary Soviet leaders. I bought the one without Stalin and his cronies. I'm sorry I'm not a fan of most dictators. But, it does seem that dictators picked some pretty cool cars to ride around in. 

Back to air-cooled cars for a moment. Until about 6 months ago I worked a second part time job at local O'Reilly's auto parts store for several years. One of my favorite things to do with the new guys (and one new gal) was to have them try to find me a replacement coolant thermostat for a 1967 Corvair. 

Edited by unclescott58

10 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

They offer it with or without figures of Stalin and few other contemporary Soviet leaders. I bought the one without Stalin and his cronies. I'm sorry I'm not a fan of most dictators. 

Not a fan of any dictators. But I found a use for the Nikita Khrushchev figure in that kit.  I'm working on a Cold War diorama in 1/35 scale.  So I took the Khrushchev figure, sawed it off just above the elbows, and turned it into a ceremonial bronze bust.  I even spelled out "Khrushchev" on the base, using tiny Slater's plastic letters.  

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

Not a fan of any dictators. But I found a use for the Nikita Khrushchev figure in that kit.  I'm working on a Cold War diorama in 1/35 scale.  So I took the Khrushchev figure, sawed it off just above the elbows, and turned it into a ceremonial bronze bust.  I even spelled out "Khrushchev" on the base, using tiny Slater's plastic letters.  

Cool. Out of the four figures in the kit, Khrushchev is the most useful one of the bunch. Since he's not in military uniform he can be more easily modified for other uses in my opinion. Though ICM's Khrushchev included in the kit is still not be suited for what I'd want to do with him. I'd want a version of him sitting at a desk pounding his shoe on top of it. ?

Edited by unclescott58

17 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Cool. Out of the four figures in the kit, Khrushchev is the most useful one of the bunch. Since he's not in military uniform he can be more easily modified for other uses in my opinion. Though ICM's Khrushchev included in the kit is still not be suited for what I'd want to do with him. I'd want a version of him sitting at a desk pounding his shoe on top of it. ?

Whoops. I made a slight mistake in what I said above. The ICM Packard with Stalin comes with five figures in total. Besides Khrushchev wearing a non-military suit, you also get Molotov in a "civilian" suit also. But, Stalin and the two other figures are wearing military uniforms. 

Maybe I should have purchased the "Stalin version" of the ICM Packard, when I bought mine. Besides wanting to do a model of Khrushchev pounding his shoe on a desk at the U.N. Being of Finnish decent, I'd like to somehow do a diorama using the character of Molotov in a way that would represent why the Finns gave the Molotov cocktail the name it's had since the Russo-Finnish of Winter War of 1939-40. Stalin and the two other figures could join him in that diorama. (All kidding aside, that's a long ways in the past, and does not reflect my feelings towards the Russian people today.) 

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Enough buying, Scott! BUILD something, already! B):lol:

Oh trust me. I'm building too. In fact I'm just about done with my Revell '58 Impala, and Tamiya Kubelwagen Type 82. AMT's 1/32 scale '32 Ford far behind. And the the JoHan '35 Mercedes 500K should be done sometime in the next week. Plus a few others. With all the models in different states of build, it can look a little chaotic around here. But somehow I keep it sorted out, and get quite a bit done. 

I know I've buying a lot lately. But I've got the money right now. And I've learned over the years to buy when you have the opportunity. For either you will not have the money or kit will be discontinued, and you'll have to pay more for it later. Plus I'm having fun! 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...