Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

17 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

A few things came in today  first eBay stuff '70 Dodge Dart ,'71-'72 Dodge Demon next Rays decal SC/360 Hornet , and from Shapeways  '68 Plymouth interior door panels and trail panel ,I need too find out what interior fits the '70 Dart ?

DSC05376.JPG

DSC05375.JPG

DSC05377.JPG

DSC05374.JPG

DSC05373.JPG

Who did the resin Dart and Demon?

@Mr Mopar.    Can you take a close up of the details on the front fender, side view and the door cut lines of the Demon?  I am curious how fine the details look on these, as I assume they are Rapid Prototype models.  What material are they, and are they brittle, sandable, flexible, etc etc?

14 hours ago, Snake45 said:

It's not an MG, it's a Triumph GT6 (more or less). Good luck with it! B)

I started building mine and then put it back in the box and never looked at it again...took a long time before I wanted to build a kit again.

Edited by dbostream

18 minutes ago, steveracer said:

@Mr Mopar.    Can you take a close up of the details on the front fender, side view and the door cut lines of the Demon?  I am curious how fine the details look on these, as I assume they are Rapid Prototype models.  What material are they, and are they brittle, sandable, flexible, etc etc?

there resin casted body's some flash !

On 11/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Sledsel said:

Found this sealed at a thrift/resale store for a really good price.

Amazes me the quality control or lack there-of from Ertl. The box build is missing fuel tanks, tail light panel, rear fenders and mudflaps! 

IMG_20211110_105315130.jpg

My first try would be the Revell '68 or '69 Dart for that interior.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:24 PM, PierreR89 said:

The Airfix Aston Martin DB5 was my very first model i ever built when i was 7 or 8 years old.
I still have it but it looks really bad.
Maybe i shuld get another to build and put next to it just as a scale of how much better i have become since then?

Great idea.

2 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Was at my local Michaels yesterday just looking around and saw they had a few kits. I had thought they stopped carrying them. There wasn't many, so may be some leftovers. Picked up this one. 

I went in my closest Michaels over the weekend looking for embossing powder. They seem to discontinued models as well, but it is a smaller footprint than most of them. This must be fairly recent, because they had a bunch of the Revell Jag FHCs on the shelf not long ago. They didn't have embossing powder either. 

On 11/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, Daddyfink said:

Picked up the Moon Drag kit from Mooneyes at the Irwindale Nitro Revival yesterday. And had Chico Kodama of Mooneyes tag it for me! 

Very cool! A friend of mine sold his rare US-market '60 Datsun Bluebird to Chico many years ago; wonder what he did with it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Very cool! A friend of mine sold his rare US-market '60 Datsun Bluebird to Chico many years ago; wonder what he did with it.

Probably had it restored and shipped back to Japan for their shop over there. There is a shop north of me here in San Diego that handled high end Datsun restorations and I think it went through that shop. He had a couple of them in the shop at one time, but they didn't disclose who the owners where. 

I might ask them before they move out of the state early next year. 

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Been waiting a long time to get my hands on one of these!  Soon as it came I cleared the bench and got going on it!

6F63CC56-B5BF-4E67-8F19-A080149F18CC.thumb.jpeg.a29caf88e6e9af2387439215f6a63361.jpeg

I just got the first one I had ever seen, the other day. I will be getting a second one, from Model Roundup, Monday, I think. That one was a pre-order! I found the one I already received on Ebay, for $26, shipped. It was here in three days! I digress--it is a gorgeous kit! To think I have all that work in my Monogram one!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I just got the first one I had ever seen, the other day. I will be getting a second one, from Model Roundup, Monday, I think. That one was a pre-order! I found the one I already received on Ebay, for $26, shipped. It was here in three days! I digress--it is a gorgeous kit! To think I have all that work in my Monogram one!

That’s a good deal - I saw that one seller who had them for that price but by the time I clicked to order he had sold out of them 😂. Hoping he gets more stock!

Started off with a 40 % off one item for Micheals. Hated to waste it so I drove to Albany, NY Micheaals seeing the one nearest me has nothing. They had a really good selection of kits. So I purchased the Monogram 1968 Super Bee there. Then I remembered that right around the corner from that Micheal's was a Walmart. Stopped in there and they had kits. Looks like it must have just been put out on the floor because there were a lot of kit. There I purchased the Ranchero, Supernatural Chevy, The 1969 Cobra Fastback The Nova Wagon and 2 display boxes. A lot of people were looking at them. 

image0.jpeg

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...