Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

4 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Went down into my basement this morning to take something out of the freezer to begin thawing for tonight's dinner. There was a puddle of water running out from under the freezer and when I opened the door everything inside was soft, which means there had been no freezing for several hours.  I now have an upright container full of worthless food which I will have to get rid of and replace.  The freezer is less than two years old.  I will be getting in touch with Frigidaire and Home Depot.

Check your homeowners policy as well since the loss of the food may be covered. 

Just now, TarheelRick said:

Already did, I can have that option added at an extra cost.

Why is it whenever you need to make an insurance claim, "it would have been covered if you had paid more"? You bought their insurance, but it just doesn't cover you when you need it. 

1 hour ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi everyone, I am more sad than irked. I looked forward to seeing new posts on the laugh thread. It saddens me that a few people that can't follow the rules takes the fun and pleasure from the rest of us. my suggestion if you unlock the thread is to make it clear to everyone that posts will be deleted if found to be against the rules. The poster will be told why it is bad. They should be given a certain amount of violations and told where they stand. If they don't comply, then ban them from forum. Then, a few bad apples don't spoil it for everyone. I don't care who it is or how many posts they have. 

What are your thoughts, mods?

Just my 2 cents worth.

George Bluhm

I agree. As far as your recommendation that's what the mods were doing. Unfortunately we have individuals that believe that if they give you an inch then take a mile.

I also hope that the thread can come back as a lot of the appropriate posts were truly funny. 

its kinda ironic that the people that complain the loudest about a lack of reading or educational comprehension in kids today are the ones that seem to be absent now for a lack of comprehending the rules so at least we still get a laugh

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi everyone, I am more sad than irked. I looked forward to seeing new posts on the laugh thread. It saddens me that a few people that can't follow the rules takes the fun and pleasure from the rest of us. my suggestion if you unlock the thread is to make it clear to everyone that posts will be deleted if found to be against the rules. The poster will be told why it is bad. They should be given a certain amount of violations and told where they stand. If they don't comply, then ban them from forum. Then, a few bad apples don't spoil it for everyone. I don't care who it is or how many posts they have. 

What are your thoughts, mods?

Just my 2 cents worth.

George Bluhm

Sounds like you want the mods to do what finescale used to do. Look at their forum site now. A majority of members have left because of it - myself included. Pretty dismal there in the last few years.

i am so annoyed right now. i had a package due for delivery today with fedex. i kept the door open all day so i could hear them if they came, and i sit facing the window where i could see them pull up.

i get an email that says my package could not be delivered because the resident was not home. however, i have been home all day by the door. so i call fedex like 5 minutes after getting this email, and ask if they can swing back by because i am home. the person i spoke to just said its now schedule to be delivered tomorrow. i said, please let me speak to a supervisor to see what we can do with this. he refused. he said he could make notes that say to knock on the door or ring the door bell, and i was, are you serious. they should already be doing that. 

so i asked again, and again he said no. i hung up, called right back and got someone that would transfer me to a USA supervisor. i spoke with him and he said that he spoke to the local office to see if they can come by again and they would call me back. nobody called me back after 3 hours. i decided i should call again because if they arent going to redeliver it, then i will just pick it up.

i call, and get a person that just kept saying we have 7 days to deliver this. i kept saying i was working with someone already on this. they refused to help, so i asked to speak to a supervisor. she refused. kept saying that they had 7 days. i said, please connect me to a supervisor because i would like to make a complaint. she said about what. i said about you, you refuse to help me. she said i can document your complaint. i asked several more times, she just said no. i hung up and called back and just said i need to make a complaint, and would like to speak with a supervisor. i got the supervisor right away, and explained what is going on, that i just want to pick up the package at this point because they didnt call back and i would also like, if it is possible to listen to the prior call i had because it was by far the worst customer service i already had. 

so after work i will go to fedex and see if they have my package or if i am just going to be disappointed again

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrMiles said:

i am so annoyed right now. i had a package due for delivery today with fedex. i kept the door open all day so i could hear them if they came, and i sit facing the window where i could see them pull up.

i get an email that says my package could not be delivered because the resident was not home. however, i have been home all day by the door. so i call fedex like 5 minutes after getting this email, and ask if they can swing back by because i am home. the person i spoke to just said its now schedule to be delivered tomorrow. i said, please let me speak to a supervisor to see what we can do with this. he refused. he said he could make notes that say to knock on the door or ring the door bell, and i was, are you serious. they should already be doing that. 

so i asked again, and again he said no. i hung up, called right back and got someone that would transfer me to a USA supervisor. i spoke with him and he said that he spoke to the local office to see if they can come by again and they would call me back. nobody called me back after 3 hours. i decided i should call again because if they arent going to redeliver it, then i will just pick it up.

i call, and get a person that just kept saying we have 7 days to deliver this. i kept saying i was working with someone already on this. they refused to help, so i asked to speak to a supervisor. she refused. kept saying that they had 7 days. i said, please connect me to a supervisor because i would like to make a complaint. she said about what. i said about you, you refuse to help me. she said i can document your complaint. i asked several more times, she just said no. i hung up and called back and just said i need to make a complaint, and would like to speak with a supervisor. i got the supervisor right away, and explained what is going on, that i just want to pick up the package at this point because they didnt call back and i would also like, if it is possible to listen to the prior call i had because it was by far the worst customer service i already had. 

so after work i will go to fedex and see if they have my package or if i am just going to be disappointed again

Wow.... that's poor customer service from top to bottom. I don't care what the supervisor ... or so he/she call themselves says. I guess they don't believe the customer is always right. Sounds like they don't want to be bothered.

I need help from a electronic genius. I have Spectrum phone service for my home phone. I can call Carlie and we can talk for hours without any interference on the lines. I talk to my friend 20 miles away I get cracks, buzzes, loss of volume and click call dropped. I contacted Spectrum several months ago and got a replacement modem due to mine being out of date. I still have the problem and my friend had ATT&T check her lines. Interesting is that she does not hear the noises on her end. Last night I had enough and called Spectrum, The system was all checked and he said there was no problem. My limited electronic guess is that the connection between Spectrum and ATT&T is not fully connecting. He said it was their problem and past the 'buck' to them. Great debate between me and the tech began and I got frustrated and hung up. Anyone out there have any ideas where the problem lies?

greg

2 hours ago, espo said:

Contact the person or company that is shipping you whatever this is and let them know about the runaround you're getting. Possible they can apply some pressure on their end with Fed-X. 

i was able to pick up the box. the final person i spoke to i guess did what they said they would do, but man this was painful. the item was 400 dollars, which is a really lot of money for me, and i didnt trust they would deliver it, especially since the driver never even showed up to mark it as not available. 

the guy at the fedex office was cool. it was a big, and heavy box and he wheeled it out to my truck for me. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i was able to pick up the box. the final person i spoke to i guess did what they said they would do, but man this was painful. the item was 400 dollars, which is a really lot of money for me, and i didnt trust they would deliver it, especially since the driver never even showed up to mark it as not available. 

the guy at the fedex office was cool. it was a big, and heavy box and he wheeled it out to my truck for me. 

Your experience reminds me of a problem we had with "The Big Brown Truck" people during the Covid shutdown. They were short on drivers and hiring anyone that was breathing to work as drivers. We were expecting a delivery and on the web site it was supposed to be delivered on a given day. We noticed a delivery truck sitting for a time in the street around the corner from our house. The driver looked to be playing with her phone for about half an hour before driving off. I called their local distribution center and who ever I talked to said the driver couldn't find our address. I mentioned to him about the driver we had seen sitting around the corner from our house, but he said he had no way of knowing if that was the one delivering our package. Two days later the distribution center called that they had our package, so we drove twenty-five miles there to pick it up. The packaging was damaged so we had them unwrap it so we could verify that it was alright. Since it was OK we got our package and left without even an "I'm sorry" from the company. Since then whenever I have ordered something online, I always specify that FedEx not be used, or I cancel my order. 

Yesterday, I ran into unusually heavy traffic on I-93 that runs through Boston after dropping off the summer day camp kids and the counselors late in the afternoon at one of the area Boy's and Girl's Club. Normally I get back to my school bus company around 6:00 PM but I ended up returning after 7:00 PM. I-93 was packed like I've never seen it before.

Edited by John M.

File size limitations: Trying to share an astronomy-related project on another forum, and they have a 500k limitation on the entire post. After several iterations of resizing, and reencoding, I fell back to a single picture, and if anyone's curious, they can ask me. 

It does reinforce the wisdom of removing those limitations here. This board would be unusable with any significant file size limits. 

23 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

File size limitations: Trying to share an astronomy-related project on another forum, and they have a 500k limitation on the entire post. After several iterations of resizing, and reencoding, I fell back to a single picture, and if anyone's curious, they can ask me. 

It does reinforce the wisdom of removing those limitations here. This board would be unusable with any significant file size limits. 

are any astronomy pics even under 500k? all the ones I've seen look like they would be far bigger

On 8/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

Scale Auto used to only allow 3 pics per post, even if using your own hosting (which I think was the only option anyway).

I once had a project where I was trying to describe a particular process, and needed a 4th image for it to make sense, so I just photoshopped 2 images into one individual .jpg, reduced the size to maybe 800 x 600, and did the same for images 3 and 4.  When I hosted the images on Fotki, obviously they were two images with two unique links but in a way that allowed me to display 4 images for my how-to post without any additional drain on their bandwidth, the way I figured it.

I got banned for 30 days for attempting that bit of clever thinking for "circumventing the rules".  Of course, I could've posted two separate posts with the information spread across two posts and been just fine and dandy, but that seemed inefficient...

Say all that to say, I'm thankful for the easy and flexible hosting options this site offers!  I LOVE being able to just click and upload my stuff, and know it won't (hopefully) disappear at some point like all those Photobucket images did a few years back.

• Like 2

Eight Robo Calls so far today and that's from 11:30 am to 3:15 pm.  I don't need any help with my past due taxes since I don't have any due. I don't need 50% off on my cable TV. Just got another call! 

Not irked, but extremely saddened about what is going on in Hawaii, especially Maui. Had some great times there and I am sad that Lahaina is pretty much gone. Especially the banyan tree that has been peacefully living there since 1873. I saw it and it was magnificent. 

Pic from the Alii Nui dinner cruise in 2011.

#sadface

DSC02345.JPG

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, espo said:

Eight Robo Calls so far today and that's from 11:30 am to 3:15 pm.  I don't need any help with my past due taxes since I don't have any due. I don't need 50% off on my cable TV. Just got another call! 

I've been getting them for Medicare supplemental insurance plans. Been getting one a day for a long time now. Yesterday I got three. 

NINE BAD WORDS IN A ROW!!!! I just got ANOTHER one. :angry::angry::angry:

I still sometimes get the robos calls, but when i see its not a known number i answer and wait for the human to respond and give them this

Hello,thank you for calling saten,prince of the underworld.

I am currently at the crossroads recruting new souls to steal and cannot take your call

At the sound of the tone please leave a message and one of my minions will return your call as soon as possable

Most of them hang up by the time i get to the currently at the crossroads part.More  good one's is answering with "This is Batman" , Thank you for calling Jesus, Thank you for calling Third Reich Ministrys, Ghost Busters,whaddaya want! strangly when i started doing that the unwanted calss declined to where i only get one or two a week

I've been getting spam text messages lately. Luckily, by phone recognizes them as spam and sticks them in the blocked folder immediately.

But when I look in there...

Royal Bank of Canada security alert:

Your client card 4519***** has been temporarily locked due to unusual activity. 

Then a link to click and reactivate.

The bank changes with each text, and the "card number" changes, but it's always the same.

Funny thing is, I've never received one of these texts from the actual bank we use. 🤪