Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, Ty Gontz said:

Saw one of these on I-81 today - a 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R. First one I’ve ever seen in real life.

Got this photo off the web.

*Skyline pic*

It always surprises me that Americans get so excited over these. They've been legal in Canada for years now, and are actually somewhat common. I live in a small town just west of Edmonton, and even this small town has a company that specializes in JDM cars.

Today I saw a candy purple Lamborghini,  red Ferrari,  a pink mclaren driven by a 20 something yr old girl, a green Ferrari,  multiple Porsche’s in aftermarket paint,  including a 911, and a Maserati.  And that was only ina couple of hours!  Typical for the city of Shanghai .

11 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

Who needs Uhaul when you've got an F150. Impressive.

IMG_20181128_130710480_HDR.jpg

This looks like moving day around here sometimes. In fact you can tell when it's about the first of the month by all the broken up furniture and boxes of clothing along the side of the highway.

10 hours ago, Mercuryman54 said:

Saw this in a parking lot. Kind of cool.       Dennis 

4535F392-F67C-4F13-AD8D-BDFB4A5C6503.jpeg

I always thought these little sedan deliveries looked good, only wish they had something other than front wheel drive. 

9 hours ago, Maindrian Pace said:

Del Taco parking lot:

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

Nice looking 2 plus 2, I wonder what the back story is. 

No pix to share as I do n o t know how to post,but....we are in Myrtle Beach on vacation an this is Mustang week again so they are everywhere in droves with little stoplight challenges at almost every corner and lots of engine revving going on.

I also spotted an Australian built Holden(Chevy) Super Sport and was able to talk to the driver for a moment.

On the way down here from Ohio I saw a restored mid '20's model T Ford roadster pickup in the front yard of a farm house and a '50's "bread sled" style delivery van in a barn yard in North Carolina. Another cool road side spot was a small block Chevy V8 motor on a post at the roadside with a mailbox air cleaner.

We stopped at a huge road side fruit farm today that has a small museum with several unique vehicles on display including a 1913 International flatbed truck and a '52 Crosley convertible. For a gearhead like me pretty interesting couple of days.

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Alfa Romeo Stelvio?  I've seen a few around the Cleveland area. 

That might be what it was. I had to get too close just to figure out what the brand badge was. The model designation script was chrome on a white car but it did start with the letters S and T son I'm sure you are correct.

4 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

I see this same scene all the time here in southern AZ, only the vehicles have Mexico plates

We have invented a travel game called "Move or Dump". Whenever you see a truck like this on the road, someone calls "Move or Dump". The other people in the car have to guess if the truck is being used to move, or if they are going to the dump, and why the person thinks so. Of course, there can be no winner unless you pull the truck over and ask the driver what their destination is, but it is fun anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't exactly see it on the road, it was in the back of a dually pickup at KFC and I didn't have my phone!!!:angry:

But boy did it bring back some memories of one of the first bikes I owned. One of only two that I ever saw and it took two years of begging to buy the one I had and another year to get it on the road!!

This one was a 1948 and mine was a 1955.

I saw a 1948 Ariel Square Four!!!

For those that do not know it was a British Bike the company was bought out by BSA and the stopped making them after 1967.

A real beauty of a bike! The one I just saw was red.

I have a stock photo off the net of a 1955 that is almost the exact one I had and wish I still had!!!

lv0114-180193_1@2x.jpg