Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

• 5 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, Casey said:

After watching the video/live stream in question last night, I got the feeling the wagon would be an all-, or at least mostly, new tool, and not Round2 bringing back a '60s era kit. 

67ImpWagon.jpg.7bc8de7862bcf471154d43cd64d11458.jpg

Yeah, I was way off there, and there's no '67 Impala wagon coming. ?

But, there was a new Round2 video two weeks ago, in which Jamie Hood mentioned an automotive kit in the early stages of development. "If you like the Supernatural Impala, you'll definitely be in on this one, too".

Sounds like it could be sci-fi related (which might explain Jamie's involvement?), so view the video below and let the speculation begin.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, I was way off there, and there's no '67 Impala wagon coming. ?

But, there was a new Round2 video two weeks ago, in which Jamie Hood mentioned an automotive kit in the early stages of development. "If you like the Supernatural Impala, you'll definitely be in on this one, too".

Sounds like it could be sci-fi related (which might explain Jamie's involvement?), so view the video below and let the speculation begin.

Sci-fi and automotive.... ;)

FringeFridaysSFW.jpg?itok=OChp9AwO

But more likely is the following one...

1970-Oldsmobile-442.jpg

Or....

5813801074_2b78f6a425_z.jpg

Edited by Luc Janssens

In regards to the New Round 2 issue of the 1963 Nova Wagon coming in January 21, I just checked my 65 AMT Nova Craftsman built up, with a un/ glued hood. There is tons of detail there. Why did Round 2 leave out the Master Cylinder, Radiator, Heater Blower, Wire detail and Battery cover?  If they copied an original AMT 63 Nova Wagon, all that detail would be there, so there must be a reason they left it out? They even cut out a hole for a Radiator but no part is included.  Attached are photos of the New are Tooled 63 Nova Wagon, my 65 Hard Top and an Original Craftsman 63 Nova Wagon  with under hood details. Big difference. Any thoughts? I suspect that another version with an engine and under hood detail parts is coming later. Not sure why this kit was released this way. If you collect Promo’s  or like to build Craftsman kits, such as the 1964 Caliente then you don’t mind this kit version. If you want the correct Engine, Model Car World sells a Resin AMT  Six Cylinder from the 64 Nova Kit. 

0FBEEE24-C558-4776-BC6C-5B3C6419EE2F.jpeg

09FC6AE0-84EA-4F3C-BFD6-983098725286.jpeg

4E4F50A0-FEEA-4D78-B157-7A27ACD25C99.jpeg

Edited by Eric T
Add photos

1 hour ago, Eric T said:

Why did Round 2 leave out the Master Cylinder, Radiator, Heater Blower, Wire detail and Battery cover?

IMO , Round2 reached two target audiences with this :

1.) Casual / Beginner builders

2.) Seasoned builders who'll add the 'missing' items

The correct 1966 & earlier brake master cylinder can be found in the Revell 1966 El Camino and / or 1966 Chevelle Wagon (there's two of them in each kit ; one with vacuum booster , one sans booster) . I'd imagine that the 1966 L79 Nova (from 1988 , ad seq. ) would be the de facto source for the remaining 'absent' boiler room parts (radiator , etc.) .

At least the price-point reflects these 'missing' items .

Oh, I’m not worried. I’m ordering an engine from MCW and I have a Battery to cut down,  the 63 Corvette master cylinder with booster looks more AMT than the Revell parts. I have an extra Radiator from the 63 Tempest Kit I can use. And scrap Generators cut down work for heater blowers.  You are probably right that this kit is ment to be either a shelf model, Promo Clone or a base for a Drag car model.

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

A long shot, to be sure, but I'd like to see this wagon as a kit.

A68R5889.jpg

Remember what Harry did with the 1/16 Rolls Phantom III? Seems you could do the same with the Packard sedan.  

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.18.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.14.59 AM.png

Edited by sjordan2

Being a Revell tool I doubt that Round 2 would be doing a reissue of the '66 Chevelle Wagon. I have built the '66 Chevelle a couple of times and the only thing I found fault with was the big block engine. That was never offered in that model in the OEM world. We can always switch engines from another kit if we need a big block and I would rather have had a well detailed small block. The Hood is an easy correction by using the hood from the '66 El Camino. That car could be had new with all of the SS equipment but without the full SS trim and many people would put the SS style hood on their El Caminos anyway. Round 2 has done a great job with the reissue of the '65 Chevelle wagon. AMT had a model of an early Buick Special Wagon that included a small U-Haul type trailer and an A Frame style engine lift as well as other parts. Anyone else think that might make an interesting reissue ?  

On 12/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Motor City said:

yes, a '40 Packard wagon would be nice!

I'd like to see a '40 Model 120 series sedan, I did the body and paint on one and changed the rear of the roof and rear doors and drip rails to be a copy of the 180 series sedan for a guy who used to build Street Rods in our area. The car was covered in Street Rodder Magazine in 1979-'80, and the builder has relocated to Idaho.