Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

22 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My oldest son brought these to me today! 

Found at an antique shop for 10 bucks each.

The Model T kit is complete.

The Matadoor has all the stock parts except headlights, taillights, front turn signal lenses, swaybar and decals.

20210509_211011.jpg

Johnny, I'm pretty sure the Mats headlights and front signal lights are molded to the grille, not separate pieces. That's how they are on my '77.

My buddy Mark just brought me a 911 Moby dick kit. Chris Smith , I , Mark and Steve received one. He made a deal with Mr. Hiro and gave each one of us a kit. 1/12 martini 911 . Might have to put away the 917/30 to do this. 

8D0B7EF7-FD5F-4C98-AE0F-4BBED95C763B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Brudda said:

My buddy Mark just brought me a 911 Moby dick kit. Chris Smith , I , Mark and Steve received one. He made a deal with Mr. Hiro and gave each one of us a kit. 1/12 martini 911 .

That is a very very nice friend. 

Edited by keyser

On 5/5/2021 at 11:45 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Well, I must be popular because ewetwo sent me some fan mail:

fan.jpg.f16b5a8c35953716a144dbe973585a82.jpg

An evening's work and now it looks a bit more like the one from the '70 Wildcat:

IMG_0501.JPG.a9241a6d407d27a916efc3f1991555e1.JPG

406804222_70buickfan.jpg.04624f9ae5598246ef441dae9497b222.jpg

Thanks David! :)

Also scored a couple cans of Testor's Metalizer Aluminum and a can of Fabric Tan on $1.67 clearance from the Deerfield Hobby Lobby. Was hoping they'd have the GTO Super Stocker, but not yet.

You are more than welcome Chris. 😊

51 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I want to replicate my Mechanic's Nova. Now all I need is a photo as I've never seen it. Only was told about it. He hasn't done anything with it in 20 years which is a shame. 

Build it the way that you want to, then glue a dusty car cover over it.  😉

5 hours ago, keyser said:

Oh yes he is really generous. I, Steve H , Mark and Chris Smith are receiving one. Going to be a group build. He knows Mr Hiro and traded many thousands of dollars of models from Mr Hiro. So he had a chance to get these for just a little compared to retail. So he gave us all one and here we go. 

10 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Oh yes he is really generous. I, Steve H , Mark and Chris Smith are receiving one. Going to be a group build. He knows Mr Hiro and traded many thousands of dollars of models from Mr Hiro. So he had a chance to get these for just a little compared to retail. So he gave us all one and here we go. 

Cool. I could probably claim him as dependent on taxes, but I'm not a hitter like that. Post in build thread if time. Enjoy in health. :)

On 5/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, ewetwo said:

Got this today. I want to replicate my Mechanic's Nova. Now all I need is a photo as I've never seen it. Only was told about it. He hasn't done anything with it in 20 years which is a shame. 

image1.jpeg

I have 2 of these that I bought when they first came out....

9 hours ago, Deathgoblin said:

I lucked into a 1/24 Airfix Aston Martin 007 kit.  She's a little gluebombed, but looks to be pretty complete.  Got it for $29.  :)  

You win Score of the Day! Yeah, it's early, but I doubt we'll hear of better. Congrats! B)

Some stuff I got in the mail in the last couple of weeks.Looking forward to getting back to building since I have been in the hospital for over a month for double pneumonia.I was released recently and hopefully I can return to building in a couple of weeks.

440D1F41-9052-4B3A-A3DA-849BD6495AC8.jpeg

22C7D66C-D576-4EA9-892C-32D70B0CB889.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...