AMT 1175 -- 1/25 1966 Buick Wildcat

AMT 1177 -- 1965 Chevelle Modified Stocker

AMT 1180 -- 1969 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Pro Street

AMT 1183 -- 1966 Chevy Impala Modified Stocker

MPC 892 -- Ed Roth's Mail Box Chopper - Trick Trike Series

Edited by Casey

5 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

So, no '67 Impala 4-door, then? :unsure:

That was previously announced, so wouldn't be on this list.   I chatted w/ John G from Round 2 at the NNL last weekend about it, it's definitely coming in 2020. 

Edited by Rob Hall

The Wildcat has been reissued many times over the years, but this release will get the retro box art and probably white wall tires. I don't really need another.  I already have one each of the others, don't need more.

Edited by Rob Hall

The Modified Stockers have been fun to build in the past but don't see them being a big seller. I recall the Chevelle being an odd mix of body and chassis. Seemed they weren't made for each other. They really really need to come up with a new decal sheet. That might help sales?

Tony, I agree with you on the decal sheet idea. This is a case where just a straight re-issue will fall flat. Ditching the Two Piece Slicks(forever!) would help as well.

Also, open up every blocked off bit in the tooling, especially on the chrome trees. As a last thought, include the huge No Name Treaded Tires that originally appeared in the 80's-90's Michael Keaton Batmobile. They are an almost Drop fit on the rims from the modified stockers. Two Kinds of tires, Revised Decals, and extra parts, and these kits will be snapped up by those in the know. And every other Hobby Lobby buyer will pull the trigger based on Box Art, Decals and Tires.

Roth Mail Box Chopper... on it's own? YES!

Image result for roth mailbox chopper

Never did pick one up when they were part of this set. The set went for $$$, so I never pulled the trigger, especially when I only really wanted the Roth kit. And when you did find someone who would split up the set they wanted $$$ for the Roth kit. 

They are all pretty cool, but the chances of me actually building the Roth trike are marginally, let alone building all of them. Glad I'll have the chance to buy it again.

7 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Roth Mail Box Chopper... on it's own? YES!

Never did pick one up when they were part of this set. The set went for $$$, so I never pulled the trigger, especially when I only really wanted the Roth kit. And when you did find someone who would split up the set they wanted $$$ for the Roth kit. 

They are all pretty cool, but the chances of me actually building the Roth trike are marginally, let alone building all of them. Glad I'll have the chance to buy it again.

I just saw that they added the Mailbox Chopper, cool. I bought the Retrohobby set of four when it came out in 2005 for what I thought was an okay price, but I think they quickly went up.

I've only built the Taco Trike so far; hope to get to the others eventually.

image.png.8e00dbdac5b9c68018b07535ee4270d9.png

Just be aware (in case it matters to you) that you need to do a lot of work to make an accurate Roth Mailbox Chopper from the kit - there are a lot of differences. For starters the real one has a Crosley engine:

image.png.a33633219613c16f75cad38149493ec9.png

Hmm, if they're listing it as part of the "Trick Trike" series, I would think that implies some more releases, maybe depending on how this one does?

image.png.596dabff1fc1a0fc6e494bb8b3225bf4.png

I could do without the Cobra Chopper, but I'd snap up a Black Max. Neither of those were part of the Retrohobby set, so I don't think they've been out since the original release.

These MPC trike models are actually pretty good stuff.  The Honda four is very well detailed, for instance. 

DSC 0565 Retro Hobbies Honda Trike

Also, for those that did not know this, several of the MPC trike models shown in the MPC flier posted by Steve above were originally conceived and built by Dennis (Denny) Johnson for the early years of the MPC National Customizing Championships.  Denny had those originals on display at this year's NNL Nats #40 a couple of weeks ago....

DSC 0170DSC 0173DSC 0405DSC 0406

TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

1 hour ago, kurth said:

I wonder what it would take for them to re-issue the 79 bronco. I missed out on the Model king re-issue 13ish years ago, it was issued with a trailer and race car. So we know the mold was still in existence not too long ago. 

Yeah, it's been a while...reissuing that one by itself would be nice.