Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

8 hours ago, catpack68 said:

Primed my 71 Rally Nova project this afternoon.The wheels and tires are Zman items Ive had for awhile.The LS engine and 6 speed trans is from TX3d Customs with an Iceman Collections LS mid rise intake. I will be using an old set of Fred Cady Rally Nova decals I’ve had for years. Going to try to finish this one up before the end of the year.

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

Looking sharp!!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, atomicholiday said:

Just finished polishing this one.  It’s molded in red, and bled through in a couple of areas, but I think I can live with it.  Still needs some detail painting, but it’s getting really close now.  
Uh oh.  I better find an excuse to shelve it pretty quick, or I’ll break my streak of not finishing builds.🤔

IMG_3283.jpeg.e2f5e10cfba0bbaa3fcfd4fd1c051cb6.jpegIMG_3281.jpeg.e31408de539dc50489ca2667dface00d.jpeg

Here’s a sneak peek mock up.

IMG_3286.jpeg.9e752d214f15b0cfbf025afc3117ec81.jpeg

This is the best Boxster build I have sen ever ! 

I finished my second build of the year, this Porsche, then I started sorting through one of three huge boxes of kit parts that has followed me around for several years. So far I found enough parts to build a parts box Monogram F-350.

aaaPorscheSafariSide.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan
picture

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

That looks awesome.  Can’t wait to see the finished product.👍

Thank you!!  I need to figure out an ‘interior’ - this is curbside 3D printed body so there’s not a LOT that is visible anyway, but it needs a seat, dash and steering wheel at least…

On 12/14/2023 at 4:12 AM, CabDriver said:

This isn’t a complex enough project to justify it’s own thread, but I’ve been messing with a salt-flats Bug for a few weeks and got the urge to lay down some candy on it tonight…

IMG_0175.thumb.jpeg.d0cf38a29c856cf48652948ac5a14d43.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg.61d8429243ee0031f2ce70505983500e.jpeg

That looks amazing!