Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Was the First Band You Saw in Concert?

Snake45

Molly Hatchet 1979.     ***  Best concert.....Zac Brown Band. 2018.   ...he referred to themselves as musicians...

they performed Billy Joel's ...Longest time ....Acapella without instruments 

Edited by Khils

Paul Revere and the Raiders. Geez, I'm old.

Best Sound like their album - Little River Band

Best Light Show -  Blue Oyster Cult, close second - Joe Walsh

Most memorable - AC/DC on October 2, 1979, just about 3 months before Bon Scott died

Call me 76 and just about deaf.  ;^)

U.K. Subs / Vandals , 1989 . 

While I'd been to a number of local bands' gigs (mostly Punk bands or Revival Mod bands) , that was the first "big name" concert I'd attended . I'd just gotten my driver's licence , and was ready to travel everywhere ; Hollywood was a favourite spot .

Then there was the granddaddy of them all : the  Benson & Hedges Blues Festival on 9th June 1990 at the Pacific Amphitheatre . That sucker was 7 hours ! Worth every minute (not to mention the sunburn--- a cloudy , hot , humid , rainy day until around 16:00 when the sun made its appearance) .

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-04-28-ca-394-story.html

8 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Huey Lewis & The News in 2012. 

Dare I say they put on a better show than the ZZ Top show I went to a few years later. 

Too bad Huey can't sing anymore. I got their last album a few weeks ago and it's great.

First concert was Wang Chung in Boston, MA, in 1986, and I did see Huey Lewis & The News in Worcester, MA, in 1987.

Edited by Jim B

1972:  it was a great concert year for me, I was young and single had a full time job and thought I had plenty of money!  lol

1) ZZ Top   Greensboro, NC

Blue Oyster Cult   Greensboro, NC

Grand Funk Railroad  Fayetteville, NC

Deep Purple  Fayetteville, NC

Allman Brothers  Fayetteville, NC

Neil Diamond 1975 in a large 9,000 seat venue. My now wife (girlfriend then) and I were the youngest folks in the whole place!!!!

Two weeks later we went to Emerson Lake and Palmer.......talk about a different world!!!  Same venue as Diamond but now we were not the youngest but by the end we were among the few that could walk out upright!! 

Horde Festival, 1992. There were six bands but I can't remember all of them, I know it was the Spin Doctors, Blues Traveler, Bela Fleck, and Col. Horton Heat. My dad took me because he was a Bela Fleck fan but the Spin Doctors stole the show, I saw them again about two years ago. 

I believe it was Foghat and Spooky Tooth in 1971. Used to remember this stuff better but that was a long time ago.

I like my wife's first and 2nd concert. First was John Denver and next was Ted Nugent. A little different from each other.