Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I bought another AMT original Cobra kit on the bay . I was suspicious because the kit was molded in green . I bought it knowing I never saw an original molded in any color other than white . The box looked very good and it was cheap . As I suspected it was the newer Matchbox kit which was molded in green put into an original box . Not sure if seller knew or not . At any rate I got another Cobra kit and a good condition box at a good price . Not upset . 

8BD9F32D-3B9A-465F-8592-91BD0930835F.jpeg

1804BAC5-9FF4-43B8-B900-45DB489CFA08.jpeg

B710A64B-45D6-4034-B1DD-4C1477BE2F65.jpeg

The original box is pretty cool.  There was also a Reggie Jackson version molded in green probably around the same time.

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I bought another AMT original Cobra kit on the bay . I was suspicious because the kit was molded in green . I bought it knowing I never saw an original molded in any color other than white . The box looked very good and it was cheap . As I suspected it was the newer Matchbox kit which was molded in green put into an original box . Not sure if seller knew or not . At any rate I got another Cobra kit and a good condition box at a good price . Not upset . 

I recently acquired one of these molded in green. I'm looking forward to polishing the green plastic up and adding to my Polished Plastic collection. B)

20 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

The original box is pretty cool.  There was also a Reggie Jackson version molded in green probably around the same time.

True, I have that one also but that one is an Ertl and the instructions with this have the Matchbox logo so it has to be that one.

11 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I recently acquired one of these molded in green. I'm looking forward to polishing the green plastic up and adding to my Polished Plastic collection. B)

I noticed you have good luck with polishing the kits plastic. I do have to try that at some point.

My pre-order for the Revell Auto Transport Trailer came in yesterday from Mega Hobby. I'm pretty geeked to have finally gotten one, and for only forty bucks (I had some rewards points from their site) I'm pretty happy. I also bought some items for my garage background and speed shop diorama I'm slowly working on. I got 6 doors, 6 oil change pans, 6 workbenches, 4 engine hoists, 4 rolling tool boxes, and a drag racing Christmas Tree all for about 55 bucks. I bought them on ebay from a seller called Make it RC. Pretty cool stuff that seems to be 3D printed.

DSCN6264.JPG

DSCN6268.JPG

DSCN6269.JPG

On 3/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

For a change, didn't get outbid....

Good for you not getting outbid.  I've found the past couple of months prices on the bay have gone kinda nuts.  Not just asking prices but sold prices.

6 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

My pre-order for the Revell Auto Transport Trailer came in yesterday from Mega Hobby. I'm pretty geeked to have finally gotten one, and for only forty bucks (I had some rewards points from their site) I'm pretty happy. I also bought some items for my garage background and speed shop diorama I'm slowly working on. I got 6 doors, 6 oil change pans, 6 workbenches, 4 engine hoists, 4 rolling tool boxes, and a drag racing Christmas Tree all for about 55 bucks. I bought them on ebay from a seller called Make it RC. Pretty cool stuff that seems to be 3D printed.

DSCN6264.JPG

DSCN6268.JPG

DSCN6269.JPG

Nice score!

11 hours ago, cobraman said:

1804BAC5-9FF4-43B8-B900-45DB489CFA08.jpeg

B710A64B-45D6-4034-B1DD-4C1477BE2F65.jpeg

Good looking shade of green. Tamiya has a green very clos to that color if I recall correctly..

Volkswagen Snowflake wheels arrived this morning, I'm looking forward to putting these to use on a Volkswagen Golf GTi Special, basically a Swedish Golf Pirelli, which came from the factory with the Snowflake wheels fitted instead of the usual Pirelli wheels, they've been designed to fit straight onto the Revell VW Golf GTi kits.

20210331_122346.jpg

20210331_122404.jpg

18 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

My pre-order for the Revell Auto Transport Trailer came in yesterday from Mega Hobby. I'm pretty geeked to have finally gotten one, and for only forty bucks (I had some rewards points from their site) I'm pretty happy. 

DSCN6264.JPG

Three years ago I sold mine at a model show for $80 in a beat up open box but complete. Sealed mint ones were selling for $100 more than that. Then the manufacturer finally reissues it at a price pretty much everyone can afford. 

Love it !    

7 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Three years ago I sold mine at a model show for $80 in a beat up open box but complete. Sealed mint ones were selling for $100 more than that. Then the manufacturer finally reissues it at a price pretty much everyone can afford. 

Love it !    

The prices over the last few years were getting pretty ridiculous. I was so happy last year when I found out about the re-release. My understanding is they are going fast too.

5 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

That sure looks like a challenging kit to build.  Hope to see a WIP on one.

It certainly does. I may do a WIP when I get to mine, although I don't expect to start it any time soon. Right on Replicas on youtube has a build-up on it using still shots. I haven't watched it in a while, but their build videos seem pretty informative.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

For a change, didn't get outbid and picked up an NOS '63 Mercury Meteor 260 V8 and Merc-O-Matic, plus a supercharger:

1011329169_63mercury2603.jpg.1c0d15ee7f16e68c1d37f7d2e0a1b688.jpg

Simple but effective; something I could put in my '63 or '64 Comet.

Nice score.

5 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Don't be sorry.  I enjoyed seeing (and drooling over) your pics. I just don't need to scroll down through them three or four more times! B)

I agree. 

I will be going through this pile over the.next day or two if anyone is curious for more in depth pics.

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...