Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 1/3/2022 at 10:14 PM, cobraman said:

This arrived today . Looks like a nice kit . I only hope I can do it justice . The wire wheels are beautiful . Came from Portugal quicker than stuff I order from here in the states !  Should look good in blue with Cobra stripes and Cobra wheels .  I am only kidding about the Cobra stuff . Will build it as close to what it should be with my limited talents . Cost too much to screw up ! 

22C7334B-E1DE-4998-AA01-624792CAC221.jpeg

7700CDE8-D1AB-4088-948F-52F85D391DEC.jpeg

16E0F289-349A-4C5A-BD25-1933BA947E0C.jpeg

B99A41DC-3E8D-482D-9C98-2D0A6F5F5201.jpeg

Wowee! What a car to build in kit form, I can't wait to see this being built! 

1971 Pontiac Firebird 1/32 Plastic Model Kit Atlantis

Just acquired this one. Not a bad kit for 1/32. Only choice for decal color is the blue stripe so can only do the white car.  You'd have to print out your own white decals to do a blue car. Pic from the web. Totally happy to finally see my forum access working again. Don't know how it happened but I could not use it for about a month. Could not post or answer a question or comment, and the pics were only accessible by clicking on the links in the post. Now I can see them.

•  

Yesterdays mail. Vintage Paasche VL. Number 3 needle/nozzle. Case interior is very nice.  Came with it's instructions. Also from the 1940's I believe. Got it to go with the two model H airbrushes from the same era I got a couple weeks ago. The VL's green handle is similar in color to the one on my AB turbo. 1914557559_paasvlvint.thumb.jpg.ea1ff6f359f30656d7c01a9c6d852404.jpg
904477478_ab1002.thumb.jpg.346de59871e356623c462363d80aea6f.jpg

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 1

Nice score! I've got those identical Paasche brushes in my collection and love them despite the finicky nature of the AB. What a difference using a true vintage VL compared to a modern one, there is no comparison I guess... Nice to see someone with a passion for airbrushes!

Edited by Phirewriter

8 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Nice score! I've got those identical Paasche brushes in my collection and love them despite the finicky nature of the AB. What a difference using a true vintage VL compared to a modern one, there is no comparison I guess... Nice to see someone with a passion for airbrushes!

My signature line says it all. I have around 60. 

I'd like to hear about your collection. Nice you have a turbo. Send me a PM if you'd like to talk brushes Michael.

Picked up a few things today. From HL I got two cans of Testors Extreme Lacquer in a color that I've never seen or heard of before-Tropical Turquoise.

From a local friend I picked up a rebuilder MPC 73 Challenger, some 67 Impala parts, a can of Tamiya Pearl Light Red and a promo body, interior and chassis of a 62 Galaxie 500.

Later-

20220107_114948.jpg

20220107_115124.jpg

20220107_135914.jpg

20220107_135922.jpg

20220107_140147.jpg

20220107_140350.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Nice Galaxie score, Tom. Those are not an easy find with a good roof. 

Thanks. Got it for $15.

So, quick question. Is this a promo or an annual? I assume it is a promo since it has the vehicle specs on the chassis. Would have been something a dealership gave out- correct? I can never remember which is which but this makes the most sense to me.

Later-

Looks like a promo, painted seats and single large axle hole. 
Most promo and kit Fords then had specs on frame rails. 
63 Galaxie chassis should fit fine if you want to open hood, windshield should too. Rear glass different on the Boxtops, but simple flat plastic should work fine. 
Nice hit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks. Got it for $15.

So, quick question. Is this a promo or an annual? I assume it is a promo since it has the vehicle specs on the chassis. Would have been something a dealership gave out- correct? I can never remember which is which but this makes the most sense to me.

Later-

AMT also put the chassis information on their models as well. They only did this on Ford products and may have had to do with any licensing agreements they had with Ford. This is only my opinion, but I think this may be a Promo. My reasoning is 1. The size of the axels and the lack of optional ride heights. 2. The engine plate that looks as if it is a filler instead of a complete engine as you might find in a kit. Either way it's cool looking, great find. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks. Got it for $15.

Later-

Great price for that body.  The last 2 post cover this perfectly.   After your move you can figure out what you are doing with it.  If not send me a PM. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:36 AM, dbostream said:

I like the look of that Toyota. Was disappointed to find out it is only available as RHD hopefully they include LHD in a future version.

Or maybe a resin caster or a 3d printed offering would be nice.

1:24 Tamiya Ford Sierra XR4i kit

Had to spend a bit more on this than usual, but it's a nice kit and I remember them from when I was young - my uncle who worked for Ford had one. It's been started, but nothing too significant and the bodyshell is unpainted.

I'm debating whether to drop in a 1980s/90s Mustang V8. South Africa had an XR8, so it's plausible.

If I was more skilled then I'd move the B-pillar forwards and convert it to 5-door bodystyle, as that represents what most Sierras here looked like, but I can see me starting that and it not getting finished.....

Well, I was hoping that Revell might re issue this one for the new year and I decided to pull the trigger on a vintage kit. I spent a little more than I would have liked to but its one of those kits where I get to revisit my childhood type of deals. The 1/16 Chevy truck kit. The only thing I can remember about this kit is how ridiculously huge it was. I don't have a lot of parts to kit bash with this one.

1 off road chevy.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...