Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a '63 Falcon convertible promo body with an unbroken windshield frame, very reasonable, to finally fix the promo I've got, and this is on its way - cheeeeep!

58Impalaconvertible1.jpg.822c1fb772f9a91800f335705494238e.jpg

58Impalaconvertible7.jpg.1514238bdd2383801842436a5257a616.jpg

58Impalaconvertible5.jpg.a9bddcea13f9a04e006803a7e451c440.jpg

58Impalaconvertible2.jpg.008b8475aa74a1f1aa7014e72b014751.jpg

Surprisingly straight for an acetate promo other than the rear panel; will grind it down to even it out a bit, and maybe modify the chassis to shorten the wheelbase so the rear wheels are better positioned in the openings (like I did on my '58 Nomad wagon promo).

Anyone have a good original '58 issue kit rear bumper?

Not sure why it didn't get bid up much, although the seller may have made a big mistake when he cut-and-pasted the description from one of his other models saying the car was missing two wheels and had decals all over it :lol:

Edited by ChrisBcritter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Got my second new airbrush from Black Friday, now on to making a paint booth.

IMG_20231219_181006603.jpg

Nice score on the Barbatos Rex edition. Apparently they sold out in only about a week. You got the fan cap too. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it when you get a chance to try it out. I used my GHAD-68 on my recent build and was very happy with the way it performed.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, stitchdup said:

have you seen the new ev concept, it looks really good imo and didn't do too bad on the goodwood hillclimb

mceu_14801747611663838865622.webp

Les, this post deserves more than just a like. This is down right awesome. It's like they put the original LeCar on steroids!

18 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Nice score on the Barbatos Rex edition. Apparently they sold out in only about a week. You got the fan cap too. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it when you get a chance to try it out. I used my GHAD-68 on my recent build and was very happy with the way it performed.

I ordered it Thanksgiving weekend (Saturday) , took awhile to arrive.... unless they were waiting on the fan caps to come in. Didn't get good response from customer service about it... really, no response. Looking forward to trying both new air brushes.

• Like 3

'58 Impala got here - in bubble wrap inside a boxful of styrofoam peanuts, which the USPS pummeled and left out in the rain, but it survived nonetheless. Seat inserts and top boot that appeared gold in the photos were actually silver, which looks way better to me. Also got two nice diecasts for Christmas from my partner - Welly '65 Impala Super Sport and Motor Max '57 Bel Air.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Estate sale find-full set of Motor Racing Replica News/Motor Racing News.  I only needed 6 to fill out my set but I'll likely go back and get the rest in the morning.  Spares/trade bait et al.

Get the rest of them!  I bought an issue here and there, had maybe six or seven total.  Later I bought a complete set at an IPMS show, threw my "extras" on eBay.  Got more total for those than I paid for the set.  That was some time ago, but I'd imagine individual issues are still in demand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Get the rest of them!  I bought an issue here and there, had maybe six or seven total.  Later I bought a complete set at an IPMS show, threw my "extras" on eBay.  Got more total for those than I paid for the set.  That was some time ago, but I'd imagine individual issues are still in demand.

I did just that thing, along with several thin Evergreen strip selections and a couple Vintage Motorsport issues regarding the classic Trans Am years.  It goes until Sunday and I'm going to peak in and make a ridiculous offer for a bunch of stuff at the end.

• Like 1