Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

18 hours ago, Agent G said:

Grandbaby due any day now. Time to retire and head back to Missouri wine country,  just south of Salem, MO. I put a contract on a 10 acre spread. 

I'll be close enough, but not too close LOL. 

G

Will you miss it out there or be glad to be back in MO. My wife is from Dexter....

Yesterday made it into Victoria and dropped by the local hobby shop there. While browsing the shelves came upon my most desired 1:1scale 911, if I had the close to 600,000 (my second choice would be a 912). A fresh sheet of BMF and I was out the door. Was good to see the staff after many months. Also dropped by fellow SPAM modeller Phil’s home to pick up the contest annual he had saved for me and had a chance to view his latest build, the Jim Hall Camaro. It’s even more amazing in person, plus all the references Phil has accumulated was impressive. Thanks Phil. 

The Fujimi kit has been on my radar and I was happy to find this recent release. Upon looking at the instruction sheet it appears to be an Enthusiast version which I was hoping for. Yet the EM title wasn’t evident anywhere. Beautiful kit! Also the contest annual covers our local event coinciding with Deuce Days in the Pacific Nor’West.

Cheers Misha

E3AD81AC-57BC-491D-879D-4090446D1E74.jpeg.783af5e369232f10f7a8f7dcb5759f8e.jpeg

Edited by Misha
Spelling

On 11/9/2020 at 11:08 PM, NOBLNG said:

The willys die cast arrived today, the other two I picked up last week.

BE601C28-4C5B-4925-97A8-641137FA7CC2.jpeg

96763677-F7D0-431E-9B44-AC76BD0E4BEB.jpeg

DB5C4F40-2D74-47E4-93CF-07770E6E586C.jpeg

What will you do with the diecast Willys? I've always shied away from diecast's because everything is already done.

2 hours ago, PatW said:

What will you do with the diecast Willys? I've always shied away from diecast's because everything is already done.

I have grandiose plans to cut it up and cast it possibly after fixing some issues. I have another that I am currently working on.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/156181-‘54-willys-pu/

IMG_4681.JPG.c38b2550169465be21fdf4ebd69ad058.JPG

This one arrived in the week from a seller that I've had a few things from, they seem to have an interesting selection of kits for sale. Got to admit I looked at this Beretta in a different light after I saw how @Plowboy did his, although I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it alluring and aggressive. Different whels, ease off on the bodykit parts, good colour and lowering should serve it well. Got to find some better mirrors though......

Been needing a display case for a long time.  My ex-wife has a consignment store, just happened to be there at the right time, got a deal too.  Installed the LED lights tonight, and put the small dioramas in with some other models.  Fits perfect in this corner.  I can get more shelves made if needed.

IMG_0470.thumb.jpg.503a64644e19b4563efc5bcc13cdf625.jpg
IMG_0471.thumb.jpg.69719d99a49e3ab1c448a856e82bc6d0.jpg

On 11/13/2020 at 3:21 PM, Sam I Am said:

I found a very cheap 1/8 scale display case. Otherwise known as a 10gal aquarium. $15 at Walmart.  I just need to clean up the glass and build a base for it so the car sits up higher in it.

20201113_151448.jpg

Good score Sam. Are you going to cap it to keep the dust out?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...