Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

36 minutes ago, cobraman said:

You watching their 300,000 dollar Riv build ?

Yeah. Shame they're hacking up such a nice, original one--they should have started out with a clapped-out rust bomb. OTOH, I'm not a big fan of that car, as others on here are, so, at least they're not mutilating a Camaro or GTO or something cool. B)

2 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Spiders. Definitely spiders. Yesterday I "permanently relocated" 3 spiders, each about the size of a 50 cent piece, from around my workbench...they might have been carrying small parts off ?Hopefully I don't encounter any more...

They don’t have long left cold weather will be here soon!

I had an 11 day streak going killing a spider a day somewhere in the house. Walls, floors, kitchen sink, bathroom sink...... Had a couple days off and then killed 2 in one day. Read something a long time ago if you find a spider in the house they likely have been living there all along. Then I read that they come in from the cold. I believe the latter since it has become cold and rainy.

And a few of them have been the fifty cent piece size.  : /

I like spiders, they keep the fly population down. I don't enjoy their company however so I use the cup and paper technique to move them outside...?

And on another subject, I was irked today when, having sorted my BMW 530i windscreen wipers yesterday so I once again have intermittent and constant wipe, the passenger side linkage failed. We hadn't touched the linkage so just a coincidence. Worked fine for 24 years! So now I have constant wipe but just on the drivers side...

I have no use for spiders in any way shape or form. I use some Ortho Home Defense spray inside the house and that barely holds them back. Out side I have had to resort to a product called Tempo. Reading the label it suggests that you cover your self just short of a hazmat suit. A face mask is required. Even a light application seems to get ride off the spiders and pretty much every other winged creature in the eves of your home. The spiders out side had gotten so bad that you would have to use a broom stick to knock down the webs covering your doorways. The reason they are getting bad now is they realize that fall is coming and they're looking for a place to call home for the winter. The warm air escaping around your windows and doors attracts them and they don't like to get rained on either. 

We don't seem to get much in the way of spiders or insects in our house. The house was built with 'tubes". Which is just a perforated tube that runs all through inside the walls. There is a hook up outside and every quarter they come and pump stuff through the tubes. Seems to do the job . Costs about 100 per visit.

Two words Tree trimmer?.Three new neighbors just moved in and they have been cutting all their trees down.We are talking nice big old trees.The trimmers start at 7:30 am?They Don’t care,as long as they get paid.All I hear is grinding and sawing.Seems like everyday there’s a tree coming down.Arrgggg.So SICK OF IT.!!!!!! Move away.It was a nice tree lined quiet street,but not anymore.

29 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Two words Tree trimmer?.

The house around the corner from me had a nice wooded front yard.  I would've put that as one of the major attractions when it was for sale.   City numb nutz bought the house and took down all the trees.  When I asked the idiot why he said, "I'm not raking leaves!"  Then why did you move to the country?    And the big giggle- all the yards around him are wooded, so he'll get enough 'blow over' leaves to keep him busy!

28 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Two words Tree trimmer?.Three new neighbors just moved in and they have been cutting all their trees down.We are talking nice big old trees.The trimmers start at 7:30 am?They Don’t care,as long as they get paid.All I hear is grinding and sawing.Seems like everyday there’s a tree coming down.Arrgggg.So SICK OF IT.!!!!!! Move away.It was a nice tree lined quiet street,but not anymore.

I feel your pain!  Are they doing it so 5G works?  I have an opposite beef, with my next door neighbor to the south.  When I built my passive solar home, they had no trees.  They planted a Pine that grew really fast, and big, so that now blocks western sun.  They also have allergy Junipers to the east that are getting huge, hanging over my driveway and dropping BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, can block the sun in the morning.  But the final straw is they are nursing another Juniper directly south, which will block most of the sun if I don't cut it down at 7:30 some morning.  They are tree huggers, don't give a rats about my "green" energy solar access.  This Winter solstice I will mark the shadow line on my house with tape and take a picture, suspect I will have to sue them.  We also have to worry about wildfire danger, not a good idea to have trees next to the house that will catch fire like Paradise CA experienced.  We can't win for losing!

We have a similar problem here. People fleeing a certain unnamed state’s unimaginable taxes, outrageous cost of living and spiraling social apocalypse move here . . . Then shortly after arrival they begin demanding we remake our state to be like the one they fled. 

I've been planting more trees (evergreens)....my back yard had a number of stumps that i had to get removed, and been adding trees.  Had my huge oak out front pruned. 

The house next door is getting remodeled after being vacant for a number of years, it has a dozen or so large, mature oaks in the back yard..hope they don't cut them down, makes a nice forest view.

37 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

The house around the corner from me had a nice wooded front yard.  I would've put that as one of the major attractions when it was for sale.   City numb nutz bought the house and took down all the trees.  When I asked the idiot why he said, "I'm not raking leaves!"  Then why did you move to the country?    And the big giggle- all the yards around him are wooded, so he'll get enough 'blow over' leaves to keep him busy!

Ha ha,You are exactly right....Plant,don’t cut trees.Ah he’ll probably get some bratty kid from the neighborhood to rake his leaves for twenty bucks and a glass of water.