Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Are Your Crown Jewels?

John M.

8 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I'll pick only one.  The history behind it is more interesting.  After attending a GSL show, I camped near Goblin Valley State Park, hiked through a slot canyon, saw one rock that is the perfect scale version of "slick rock", found some similar ones, packed it home, almost forgot about it.  When I found it, used up a diamond hacksaw blade cutting the rock in half.  The kit is fairly common, not a street rod, sorry.  It has won several first place awards.

Love your builds Kurt. Nice work on the diorama, awesome that you used some real stone. Ironically, I did a mountain bike trip to Moab/Slick rock about 20 years ago. I brought home an interesting coloured rock as a momento, it is still part of my landscape. Always cool when there is a back story of some sort with a build, thanks for sharing.

Steve

Crown Jewel hmmm, I have a couple of older builds that are special but my skillset then is not what it is now. I am still nowhere near some of you master builders but my results have improved. So, I submit my first diorama, my latest big rig and my best (to date) paint job.

Personal cars 2.JPG

Fininshed 3.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

Some outrageous and exceptional models here... my real crown jewels are still witing to be built (some Fisher resin race cars etc.) - from my about 100 American cars I sold off more than 70 in the last year and only kept a few that are rare or that I like very much: here are 3 of them:

1. JoHan Chrysler Turbine car

2. amt 1961 T-Bird (original) - got this one from a pen-pal in the U.S. in 1985 as a built-up, unpainted glue-bomb - spraypainted and reassembled again - I will restore this one day using some parts of amt's 62 T-Bird (original wheels       and tires are still there!

3. JoHan 1968 Imperial promo (green) -from the same guy as above - painted it in white and mint green - interior mostly untouched (could bring a lot of money today if I had it left in original condition!)

P1060896.JPG

P1010225.JPG

P1060932.JPG