Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

My HL score this morning.

SAM_0629.JPG

SAM_0632.JPG

SAM_0630.JPG

SAM_0631.JPG

Yes. I went back and scored big time. I don't know how many kits and storage cases. Magnifier. Camo paint. Sprue cutter. And lacquer paint primer. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Good thing I saw it as my 1964 ford build has lacquer base and clear. 

Edited by ewetwo

1 hour ago, KWT said:

Always wanted one of these... good score!

I got one in a trade, with the hope of building a stock 71 Satellite, but it looks like more work than I want to do. I might be talked into a trade for something of equal value(I even bought a resin stock hood). PM if interested.

16 hours ago, Mike999 said:

You're the only other person, besides me, who's mentioned finding that Mack at Hobby Lobby.  My nearest store only had one and I grabbed it. I've always liked the brutal, old-school look of that truck, but didn't want to pay full price. $11.99 made it a no-brainer. Especially with the original price of $45.99 still on it!

Flea Market Day here!  All these kits were reasonably priced. I've been trying to find a stock '34 Ford coupe for a while.  The "Daisy" Road Runner has some minor gluing, engine and interior, but it's neatly done.

The real prize today was the 2 Jo-Hans, a '60 Desoto Adventurer and '60 Plymouth Fury.  The seller thought they were promos, but I'm pretty sure they're built kits. No warping at all. The Desoto is missing a hubcap but the seller still had it. It even has the rear-view mirror, still glued to the dashboard.

Another indication it's a kit - under the hubcaps it has stock steel wheels. The "USA Oldie" re-issue of the '60 Desoto and Plymouth wagon had engines, which these models don't. But I'm not sure when Jo-Han added the separate hood and engine.

The Plymouth has a crack in the roof, easily fixed, and a couple other minor dings.  Both kits look like tail-draggers. But that's only because the rear lowering blocks have come unglued. Both should look pretty good on the shelf, with a little cleaning and re-work.  They weren't exactly cheap, but they weren't priced eBay-Crazy either.

7-3-19a.JPG

7-3-19b.JPG

Mike how was the Lincoln Futura?

2 hours ago, slusher said:

Mike how was the Lincoln Futura?

Do you mean the condition?  Box is open but everything inside is still sealed in the plastic bags.  Except for the box, it's exactly the same as the 1995 re-issue. That one was Revell kit #1270 and came in a long, flat box, like the original kit from the 1950s.  The one I found is the 2004 re-issue in a regular square box. It's Revell kit #85-7696.

This arrived from an Ebay seller yesterday.... a 1:43 scale Oxford Die-Cast model of the 1945 - 1952 Armstrong Siddeley Lancaster in black with red interior. Nicely detailed model, even in this small scale. This one is for my next diorama, currently under construction.

David

100_8213.JPG

100_8214.JPG

Finally got by HL to see if any close outs were left. I picked up the Round 2 '57 Chrysler 300 and the '62 Pontiac Polyglass kits. I know I'll build these two but I may go back for some of the others if I think there is enough good parts to harvest from them. 

Picked up the following three from Hobby Lobby yesterday. I had no plans on buying any of three. But, at $7.49, I couldn't pass them up. 

I have nice buildups of the Lincoln and the Mercury, so I really didn't need those two in particular. But, the price and retro box art sold me on adding those two. 

A buddy of mine, whom went with me to the Hobby Lobby, also picked up the AMT '57 Chrysler 300C, '58 Edsel, and MPC El Camino (with mini bike). Also at $7.49 each! Though to pass them up at those prices.

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

My latest ePay junkyard score: 1. '65 Falcon funny car in original box, 95%+ complete (only thing that seems to be missing is the rear bumper), painted but unboogered body, and overall in better shape than another glue bomb I've been working on for a couple months. 2. AMT '69 Camaro Funny Hugger II body with hood, bumpers, and grille, in original box. Sadly, not many other original parts here, but the important part here is the body front end and grille, which is more accurate than the newer Revell '69 Z/28s's. (I'll either graft Revell fenders into this body, or just cut off the front end and mate it to a Revell body outright.) 3. Seems to be a complete, not horribly built and probably easily "rescue-able" Mono '29 Ford pickup. 

No, nothing particularly earth-shattering here, but a lot of good, fun modeling potential for about the price of ONE new kit at Hobby Lobby (and much less than one at AC Moore). 

OH, also in the Camaro box are an awful lot of what seems to be Pinto parts, including a stock chassis, engine, glass, two hoods (one with a large "lump" with cutout), and a complete chrome tree with grill, bumpers and stock wheels. Looks like pretty much everything but the body shell and interior. Part number on the chrome tree says W-929, which didn't turn up anything in a google search. Anyone know what kit it might be? Mark? 

eBayJunkyard03.jpg

Edited by Snake45

If the Pinto hood with the "lump" is cut out, then it's '71-'73.  The early annuals had a Boss 429 engine with a blower, '75 (maybe '74 also) had a "street" setup with a carburetor and the "lump" was filled in.  IDing the specific year would boil down to the bumpers and wheel covers.  The only complete, not started AMT Pinto kit I have is a '71, but it's still sealed and will stay that way in my posession.

20 minutes ago, Mark said:

If the Pinto hood with the "lump" is cut out, then it's '71-'73.  The early annuals had a Boss 429 engine with a blower, '75 (maybe '74 also) had a "street" setup with a carburetor and the "lump" was filled in.  IDing the specific year would boil down to the bumpers and wheel covers.  The only complete, not started AMT Pinto kit I have is a '71, but it's still sealed and will stay that way in my posession.

So it's AMT, then? Thanks for the info--gives me a starting point to track it down. 

Maybe at some point I'll run across a glue bomb '71-'73 with a savable body and interior that needs everything else--I'm all set! B)

ETA: Discovered the number T-115 on the glass, which makes it an AMT '71. 

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

So it's AMT, then? Thanks for the info--gives me a starting point to track it down. 

Maybe at some point I'll run across a glue bomb '71-'73 with a savable body and interior that needs everything else--I'm all set! B)

ETA: Discovered the number T-115 on the glass, which makes it an AMT '71. 

'71 was the only sedan (trunk lid) AMT kit.  Ford released the hatchback mid-year, and the '72 promo and kit have the separate hatch lid.

I've got the '71 Crazy Horse funny car that came out after the '71 annual but before the '72.  Body is converted to the hatchback, but AMT tooled a deck lid for it!  The funny car may have been issued before the 1:1 hatchback.  There was a Crazy Horse II kit, not sure whether it had the deck lid piece or the hatch lid.

I don't think any of the MPC Pinto kits ever had an optional hood.  The "lump" hood was the tipoff for an AMT kit.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:19 PM, Mike999 said:

The real prize today was the 2 Jo-Hans, a '60 Desoto Adventurer and '60 Plymouth Fury.

7-3-19b.JPG

Nice find Mike!

The '60 Plymouth Fury is not an easy one to find anymore!

I think you're correct in thinking that they are both built kits.

Steve

Last night at the model club meeting I won the raffle and got a Moebius Ford Pick up with step side bed and a Atlantis Tarantula characature of the Tom Daniels Dragster. Today at Model Empire I got a Honda motorbike and some light purple Ken's Funny Fur for the interior carpet of the ZZR Spy Car I'm working on.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...