Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My one measly kit that I managed at Ollie's this morning about 2 minutes after the hoarder trio filled up their 3 carts full of kits. I passed on it last time before I realized Stallone's "Cobra" movie car could be made from it for the most part. I also got my MAD order in from Kris Morgan. 2 sets each of regular and deep Cragar Draglites and Weld Pro Star's, a set of big 'n little Torque Thrusts and 4 pair of Accel Supercoils. Outstanding quality castings on everything, I'm very happy with these parts! I also picked up a nice little Mopar collage at Hobby Lobby in their clearance aisle last week for $3.49.

DSCN7292.JPG

DSCN7293.JPG

DSCN7270.JPG

8 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Yeah, I went to buy one but they ran out, lol

I had not heard of his store until i found the set. I had looked every where for it. Unfortunately the revell Germany site doesn't ship to the usa. I went to ebay on the uk, it, Germany sites and emailed several sellers that it and he was the only one willing to ship it to the usa. I bought 2 but it was 45 gbp to ship it. However it got to me in 2 or 3 days. Was shocked by the fedex email that it was delivered. 

I would definitely buy from him again as he was incredibly good to work with

6 minutes ago, youpey said:

I had not heard of his store until i found the set. I had looked every where for it. Unfortunately the revell Germany site doesn't ship to the usa. I went to ebay on the uk, it, Germany sites and emailed several sellers that it and he was the only one willing to ship it to the usa. I bought 2 but it was 45 gbp to ship it. However it got to me in 2 or 3 days. Was shocked by the fedex email that it was delivered. 

I would definitely buy from him again as he was incredibly good to work with

I dont know if it applies for the international orders but they usually include some of their tools free, my last order from them had 3 sets of pointed tweezers, and the one before it was a pair of sprue cutters. He has a web shop too but none there either. Its only really the buggy I want but they'll turn up again so its not a rush thing to me

39 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

I dont know if it applies for the international orders but they usually include some of their tools free, my last order from them had 3 sets of pointed tweezers, and the one before it was a pair of sprue cutters. He has a web shop too but none there either. Its only really the buggy I want but they'll turn up again so its not a rush thing to me

I didn't see any addon items. However, i wasn't looking for anything either. It was a crazy night. 

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Another bunch of MCW paint.

1957 Chevy "Sierra Gold".

1964 Plymouth "Chestnut".

1964 Pontiac "Turquoise".

And 1967 Mopar "Gold", which I'll be using for my '68 Coronet project.

Also bought a jar of vinyl top texture paint to try out.

image.jpeg.1f5708ca9c679005a7c44cfcd7f32816.jpeg

Steve

What are you using the 1957 Sierra Gold on exactly Steve? As I remember from my youth, it was used with a particular off white. 

6 hours ago, youpey said:

I didn't see any addon items. However, i wasn't looking for anything either. It was a crazy night. 

Mine was delivered today, just two days after buying from Dave, sprue cutters included. I opened the box, plans, decals and three bags, the truck, the trailer and the buggy, superb!

2 hours ago, my66s55 said:

What are you using the 1957 Sierra Gold on exactly Steve? As I remember from my youth, it was used with a particular off white. 

I’ve always wanted to do a ‘57 Chevy in this color, so I’m saving it for a future Revell ‘57 Chevy convertible build. I figure at some point I’m going to want a break from these time consuming vintage revamping projects that I’ve been doing a lot of lately. A simple modern kit build might be refreshing at some point. But I’m already planning on my next project being a complete rework of an AMT ‘64 Bonneville convertible. That’s what the Pontiac Turquoise is for. 😊

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

AMT ‘64 Bonneville convertible. That’s what the Pontiac Turquoise is for. 😊

And "that" will be Beautiful!!!!!     I figured that out when you mention what arrived today.

16 minutes ago, Khils said:

And "that" will be Beautiful!!!!!     I figured that out when you mention what arrived today.

Thanks Kevin.

It will finally give me the opportunity to fully show off one of my rebuilt interiors. ;)

By the way, the Plymouth "Chestnut" will most likely be used on an old Johan "flat box" '64 Fury I would like to get going on at some point. :P

29604036_7.jpg?v=8D58CEA9B7909F0

16010054-1964-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

6a515c1328335f591b29458aec0f9cfe.jpg

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

3 hours ago, my66s55 said:

Sierra Gold and India Ivory is an iconic '57 Chevy two tone combination. I am looking forward to Steve building something "out of the box" and those are very attractive colors.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...