Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The Ramchargers Dodge is a Jo-Han '64.  It's actually the third issue, from 1968.  That was the first one with the Polara side trim removed, and the only one with the Logghe Brothers chassis as an option.  It couldn't be built stock, the two versions were the funny car or Super Stock.  The Ramchargers didn't race a hardtop in '64 but did have one as a display car (and backup if needed).  I believe it was a wedge engine car though.

• Like 2

Came across this one at a reasonable price. Figured what the heck...

Another Thayer & Chandler model A. Nice AB. Case has a few spots on the outside. Nothing major.

tcma01.jpg.64e07c10c9d9bd5f37501027f2cdb003.jpg

I just won a different brand brush and I made an offer on a second one of the same brand. Once in I will probably post them, if I get the second one.

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 1

I forgot to post this one. Came a couple days ago. Iwata HP-A with paper work. Never been used. It was made in September 2012. I've wanted to add a few more A models and the Iwata model A has been discontinued. The prices are going up on them for that reason. When I found this one at a good price I jumped on it. It's also my 11th Iwata. I just sold one of my two HP-SBs or I'd have 12 Iwatas.
canhpa01.jpg.b20b434d869adf665b5b93b7abd1875c.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 6:42 PM, peter31a said:

You’re getting an impressive collection of air brushes, Jim. I look forward to seeing what the other brand of brush you’ve won.

Thank you Peter. I think I do have a half decent collection. For the most part there are only a limited number of brushes I'd like to add to it. The above HP-A purchase makes one less Iwata I am looking for. I still need at least one Iwata High-Line to round out my Iwata collection. The only Eclipse I have is the new Takumi side feed. All my other Iwatas have the angled air passage. No Revolutions, Neos or other Eclipses . 

When I find brushes I like for a price too good to pass up I usually buy them, even if I already have that particular brush. The T&C model A posted above for instance. I now have 4. I plan to give one to a good friend.

This Iwata has nothing to do with the other brand brushes I mentioned. The one I won now shows as shipped so hopefully it's put in the mail tomorrow. The other one I will be getting also. I sent the payment for that a short time ago.

Update 8/22/22:
The eBay win arrived today (WOOT). Still waiting on the second one. It's coming from New Zealand so it may be a while.I plan to post both at the same time.

Edited by DPNM
  • Thanks 1

Mail call Thursday. The T-bird was sourced locally and the other two are eBay wins during the summer. The GTO I had been looking for a double digit number of years.

Incidentally, the side panel of the GTO box mentions Drag Racing "Slicks", but none are shown in the instructions (or were in the box) as the race option is more of a road race car. So, does anyone know if this kit came with slicks when new?

20220819_165423.jpg

A recent addition to the project pile.  Ferrari 288GTO Engine kit in 1/4 scale from MWT Modellbauwerkstatt-Trape. 

Michael Trape is from Germany and is well known for producing beautiful very limited run large scale models.  The pics of the motor are the actual kit built up by Michael.

IMG_2982.thumb.JPG.2f20e6c17ae0b8478e7891eab230db88.JPG

271159687_4869111446445499_251563242861464490_n.jpg.07aff49d09591dece056336a853030d2.jpg

271668432_4885729778116999_7856791541316209416_n.jpg.85246eae4e9217d25df230c99002e197.jpg

At today's Show and Swap Meet I made a pretty good haul. Won an AMT '36 Ford Coupe in the raffle (5th year in a row I have won raffle prize). Scored a Gurney Lotus, a restorable Johan 62 Plymouth Fury, some Revell '67 GTO parts, some wheels and tires, a nice chrome tree from the Revell 49 Mercury.  But the piece de resistance was a '64 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, a bit rough but very restorable also scored a '64 Impala kit so I can transplant the hardtop onto the Pontiac.  I have been wanting a 63/4 Pontiac for a long time, just hoping AMT will find the molds and reissue it.  Until then I will be satisfied with this one. 

Got a $10 voucher for Michael’s that expired this weekend, so went hunting for a ‘51 Chevy kit.

They didn’t have one, but a couple of Mustang kits caught my eye.  This one won out…planning a series of Mustang builds for my collection…

FD8DD704-93DA-4DC3-A7EE-27DD3A1DC2C9.thumb.jpeg.5717abe0ce9f87fdbec0d6b3e5de0d99.jpeg

• Like 1

I needed some Evergreen sheet styrene to scratch build a pickup camper shell so I headed over to The Train Shop in Santa Clara, CA and picked a couple of packets of v-groove sheet styrene.  They have an excellent assortment of Evergreen and Plastruct products.  If you live in the bay area and need sheet styrene, I recommend heading over to The Train Shop.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 7:22 AM, Claes Ericsson said:

Mail call Thursday. The T-bird was sourced locally and the other two are eBay wins during the summer. The GTO I had been looking for a double digit number of years.

Incidentally, the side panel of the GTO box mentions Drag Racing "Slicks", but none are shown in the instructions (or were in the box) as the race option is more of a road race car. So, does anyone know if this kit came with slicks when new?

20220819_165423.jpg

Nice score!

Went by Wally-world looking for a couple of things, surprisingly they did not have everything I was looking for.  However, as I was walking down the aisle in front of the store, I walked past a display of model cars.  I am an addict so couldn't help myself.  Picked up the Grump Vega and a 59 Cadillac Ambulance called the "Surf(er) Something".  Rather disappointed in the low parts count, not really sure all the parts are included. It is basically a stripped-down version of the Ghostbusters car.  But looking through my stash I notice I have an Escalade, so maybe somewhere down the line there will be a Northstar powered 4WD Ambulance - just thinking out loud.  If I think inside too much it makes my brain hurt.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, TarheelRick said:

At today's Show and Swap Meet I made a pretty good haul. Won an AMT '36 Ford Coupe in the raffle (5th year in a row I have won raffle prize). Scored a Gurney Lotus, a restorable Johan 62 Plymouth Fury, some Revell '67 GTO parts, some wheels and tires, a nice chrome tree from the Revell 49 Mercury.  But the piece de resistance was a '64 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, a bit rough but very restorable also scored a '64 Impala kit so I can transplant the hardtop onto the Pontiac.  I have been wanting a 63/4 Pontiac for a long time, just hoping AMT will find the molds and reissue it.  Until then I will be satisfied with this one. 

Nice Rick!

I’ve been on a bit of a vintage AMT ‘64 Poncho kick myself lately.

Already built the ‘64 Grand Prix, working on the Bonneville convertible right now, and I’m seriously considering the ‘64 LeMans convertible as my next project.

I guess it’s taking a little time to shake the ‘64 Pontiac bug! 😁

Steve

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Nice Rick!

I’ve been on a bit of a vintage AMT ‘64 Poncho kick myself lately.

Already built the ‘64 Grand Prix, working on the Bonneville convertible right now, and I’m seriously considering the ‘64 LeMans convertible as my next project.

I guess it’s taking a little time to shake the ‘64 Pontiac bug! 😁

Steve

I would love to see you do the 64'LeMans convertible next,i've been thinking about building one of mine after watching an episode last week of My Three Sons and one son was driving a 64'ragtop.

Purchases made from August 12 through 19, while in the Vancouver / Richmond area of BC. A shout out to gman (Greg Peters) who gave me LHS recommendations. On Sunday I decided to set out from Richmond and make the rounds to all three shops. Arrived at Burnaby Hobbies only to discover that it was closed on Sunday and Monday. The same was true of MagicBox Hobbies. So I ended back at Imperial Hobbies. This is a huge hobby shop with a good selection of everything (comics, figures, Gundam and all categories of kits). I was a little disappointed in that the JDM car kit selection was pretty sparse at the time of my visit. I did pick up the two recently issued Porsche kits. This was the first time I had seen them in NA boxes. Later in the week, I made it to MagicBox Hobbies. What an amazing hobby shop. They carried RC as well as kits. The JDM section was vastly better than that of Imperial. What really grabbed my attention was the tools / supplies section. I did not go wild, but only grabbed the NuNu MP4/2C.

Imperial Hobbies 2.jpg

Revell Porsche Carrera Coupe.jpg

Revell Porsche Carrera Targa.jpg

MagicBox Hobbies.jpg

NuNu McLaren MP:4 2C.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:02 PM, Randy D said:

A recent addition to the project pile.  Ferrari 288GTO Engine kit in 1/4 scale from MWT Modellbauwerkstatt-Trape. 

Michael Trape is from Germany and is well known for producing beautiful very limited run large scale models.  The pics of the motor are the actual kit built up by Michael.

IMG_2982.thumb.JPG.2f20e6c17ae0b8478e7891eab230db88.JPG

271159687_4869111446445499_251563242861464490_n.jpg.07aff49d09591dece056336a853030d2.jpg

271668432_4885729778116999_7856791541316209416_n.jpg.85246eae4e9217d25df230c99002e197.jpg

Fantastic engine model - looks SOOOO real !

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Purchases made from August 12 through 19, while in the Vancouver / Richmond area of BC. A shout out to gman (Greg Peters) who gave me LHS recommendations. On Sunday I decided to set out from Richmond and make the rounds to all three shops. Arrived at Burnaby Hobbies only to discover that it was closed on Sunday and Monday. The same was true of MagicBox Hobbies. So I ended back at Imperial Hobbies. This is a huge hobby shop with a good selection of everything (comics, figures, Gundam and all categories of kits). I was a little disappointed in that the JDM car kit selection was pretty sparse at the time of my visit. I did pick up the two recently issued Porsche kits. This was the first time I had seen them in NA boxes. Later in the week, I made it to MagicBox Hobbies. What an amazing hobby shop. They carried RC as well as kits. The JDM section was vastly better than that of Imperial. What really grabbed my attention was the tools / supplies section. I did not go wild, but only grabbed the NuNu MP4/2C.

Imperial Hobbies 2.jpg

Revell Porsche Carrera Coupe.jpg

Revell Porsche Carrera Targa.jpg

MagicBox Hobbies.jpg

NuNu McLaren MP:4 2C.jpg

I am glad you found a little something (and made it back in one piece) :)

I have hit up some non-local hobby shops in my travels, and I usually tend to find something different than what is available locally. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...