Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Software Upgrade is Partly Complete

We had some database problems that needed immediate attention. After that, I triggered the forum upgrade. The opportunity was there, and we needed to do it. It didn't go well. Some folks at Invision stayed up late putting things right, and we seem to be functioning again.

We're still not quite where we need to be. I have a theme that controls the forum's appearance that isn't loading. I'll have to address that tomorrow. Right now, you can read and post, but possibly some things aren't working, or work differently. Please hold on to any problems until I get the new theme installed. 

While this was inconvenient, and still is, we'd have to go through this sooner or later. I think sooner is better. There was no way to anticipate these problems. We were going to have to work through them regardless, and better to do that while the support personnel are available. 

Thank you for your continued patience and support. I'll have things running well as soon as I can. With any luck, I'll have the theme problem figured out by tomorrow. I'll post any updates below. 

59 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

.... You all talk about the number of emojis. I only see 19.

??‍⚕️?‍♂️??‍♀️???️‍?️?‍♀️?‍♂️?‍♀️?????????️?⛑️????️??????????????????????????️?⛩️??????????????⌨️??...

And at least a couple hundred more.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

19 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

We had some database problems that needed immediate attention. After that, I triggered the forum upgrade. The opportunity was there, and we needed to do it. It didn't go well. Some folks at Invision stayed up late putting things right, and we seem to be functioning again.

We're still not quite where we need to be. I have a theme that controls the forum's appearance that isn't loading. I'll have to address that tomorrow. Right now, you can read and post, but possibly some things aren't working, or work differently. Please hold on to any problems until I get the new theme installed. 

I don't know the specifics of the board software, but in my experience themes can be very fiddly and frustrating... I've been fighting the last couple of days with a custom theme on an IBM Websphere portal cluster for my client in Barbados.   The theme is working fine in the QA environment, but the production environment is causing headaches..

Thanks for all you do!   

Reminds me of this week.  I was on a client site, and had to go through orientation.  This company provides FREE food... breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with coffee areas full of candy and goodies.  

Part of the orientation was the head of their food services explained it all,  and his talk ended with THREE different avenues to lodge a complaint.  My take on this?  NOBODY should be complaining about the FREE FOOD!   

There is a parallel  lesson here!