Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked these up yesterday from the same guy that I got the last haul from a few days ago. Seems he is getting out of the hobby. 35ish kits and a few built ups, two compressors (one never unboxed) and an airbrush. Now time to sell most of it.

Later-

20210611_162719.jpg

20210611_163040.jpg

20210611_162441.jpg

20210611_163253.jpg

On 6/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, Muncie said:

Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige is the two tone. I get some of them mixed up, too  Adobe Beige is a little more off-white

the big list here -  1955, 1956, & 1957 Chevy Colors and Paint Codes (classicindustries.com)

Or go to this site: www.mcwfinishes.com

They have a nice large comprehensive color line for all years and automobile makes. I'm planning on picking up a few bottles myself.

A local shop had it on consignment. Original kit. Not sure if the decals are still good. Engine is partially assembled. Tires need to be replaced. It was fifty bucks. I did ask if it was marked correctly. It was. Wow!

533326E2-4862-4A22-9A0E-11E4EC45A39D.jpeg

Edited by LDO

$50 was a great price for sure. It is also nice to see sprues still in their original wrap. In the past, I have looked for 1/12 scale tires for Tamiya kits, and found that they are very hard to come by. Do you have any sources in mind?

On 6/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, cobraman said:

Just a few things from HL . 

A3B620B8-BEF5-42AE-9FFA-5C736E1AAAEA.jpeg

I just bought a can of the Krylon Short Cuts Clear last time I was there. Eventually I'll get around to testing it over various other paints to see how it interacts with them, what the coverage looks like, and how glossy it is before and after wet sanding/polishing. At $3.99, if it does well enough it might be a go to over the $6 and up Tamiya and Testors clears.

4 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

$50 was a great price for sure. It is also nice to see sprues still in their original wrap. In the past, I have looked for 1/12 scale tires for Tamiya kits, and found that they are very hard to come by. Do you have any sources in mind?

I’ve seen them on eBay several times, when looking for parts for other projects. I never bought any, though. Now that I need some, I hope I can find them. 

42 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Eventually I'll get around to testing it over various other paints to see how it interact

It plays well with Dupli-Color, Testors paints Never have had an issue useing Short cuts clear coat on other paint's. I did however get an issue with Rust-Olium paint reacting with it's own brand ! One color crazed when spayed with the second color. This happened to a 84 GMC pickup kit. I painted it with Rustolum gloss white which I let set a week before shooting it with a rustolium Light blue. which crazed over the complete cab/hood of that kit. So sometimes RustO paints dont react well with each other. Now this was the second time I had issued with that companies paint The other time was their gloss black and clear coat which ruined a corvette body by crazing the whole body.

Edited by ranma

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...