Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Scored this a few hours ago at the LMMCC meeting:

5d05e7229a738_59plymouth1.JPG.f6c44f246be28ded5300a0a226bb1ed3.JPG

5d05e72006b7b_59plymouth2.JPG.0c670e241cb5fbf05cb53f30582d2de7.JPG

Cheep cheep cheeeeep. This one's a 10-footer; X-El body with (I think) an original kit chassis, a '60 DeSoto interior, ''58 AMT kit wheels/tires/axles with Revell '65 Impala SS wheelcovers :wacko:. Definitely worth fixing.

I can see an inscription inside: "Built by Ed Jentzak".

So, has anyone tried putting AMT '58 Plymouth guts into one of these?

Also the '60 El Camino arrived Friday, as nice as it looked in the eBay ad. Grille bar has damage from the custom piece but I have a spare. Decals are dated 11-60 so I guess it's from the second run.

3 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Cheep cheep cheeeeep. This one's a 10-footer; X-El body with (I think) an original kit chassis, a '60 DeSoto interior, ''58 AMT kit wheels/tires/axles with Revell '65 Impala SS wheelcovers :wacko:. Definitely worth fixing.

Also the '60 El Camino arrived Friday, as nice as it looked in the eBay ad. Grille bar has damage from the custom piece but I have a spare. Decals are dated 11-60 so I guess it's from the second run.

That's a beauty!

5 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Yes and more. This is on my work bench.

On the left is all AMT 58 Plymouth with the exception of my 318 4bbl engine which was stock in the 59.

5d063e092f4e0_59ply1.jpg.6a9e3af0c7bfa7f2007b59b886255694.jpg

The proper 59 interior pieces.5d063dfb3e7a1_59ply.jpg.25a81a1ada51d3dee730bc91f95d0772.jpg

On 6/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, ranma said:

Just came in the mail today. I got it off ebay for the buy it now price of $56.00 ,and free shipping. I already have the body in paint remover which is making quick work of the old purple paint! I need to get a stock Hood, grill/headlights, stock front seat's and wheel's (chrome stock hub caps) . Then it will be complete for a repaint and build. Yet another MPC '69 Impala 427! Sorry If anyone here was among the 10 people watching this on ebay!

69 Impala a.jpg

69 Impala b.jpg

I need the clear plastic and stock wheel covers for mine. 

7 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

That's nice. My dad actually owned one of these when I was a kid. It was white and gold. Not for long though because he was drunk and totaled it. 

Picked these four up today at a local flea market for $17.00. The Plymouth is started, Mustang is started, the T-bird is stilled bagged inside the box. I didn't really want the Renault cause it's not my thing and it's built except for the decals...but he threw it in for $2.

I saw the Elvira T-bird but passed on it.

IMG_7808.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

Edited by NOBLNG

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

Could not resist these at the Midnight Modelers club meeting yesterday.  Maybe it was the nostalgic box art that pushed me over the edge or the fact that I once had the originals and let them go and regretted it.20190617_163622.jpg.7502133ffd1060475fe434567092f7e4.jpg

Nice score Gary.  I have the old Aurora GT40 and the Revell reissue.  It's not a bad kit really if not somewhat limited in the versions you can make with it.

IMG_4849.JPG

46 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Nice score Gary.  I have the old Aurora GT40 and the Revell reissue.  It's not a bad kit really if not somewhat limited in the versions you can make with it.

IMG_4849.JPG

Rex,  the GT looks good, thanks for sharing the photo.

12 minutes ago, ATHU said:

5E8EC5AE-16DB-4022-8CF7-9477FF235D45.jpeg

Nice haul! I’d love to know what’s in the Revell GTO box... the old Aurora/Monogram one, the Italeri or the Protar? That Italeri 250SWB is a bit of a “grail kit” for me, as was the Cali spyder until I discovered it new in an Academy box without a Ferrari license...

best,

M.

27 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Great finds Anders, congratulations.

Thank you Gary!

26 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

Nice haul! I’d love to know what’s in the Revell GTO box... the old Aurora/Monogram one, the Italeri or the Protar? That Italeri 250SWB is a bit of a “grail kit” for me, as was the Cali spyder until I discovered it new in an Academy box without a Ferrari license...

best,

M.

Thank you Matt! I think the GTO is a Revell re-box of the Italeri kit.  

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I swung through Hobby Lobby on my way home from Walmart today.  They got Foose pickups in again so I grabbed another one with my magic coupon!   I can't wait to see what I can shove that chassis under this time (sinister laugh!)

Tom, I think the Moebius 66 will drop right on it with very little work.

Got the Moebius '65 Ford F100 w/ service body and the Revell '57 Ford Tudor gasser today.

Here are some pics of the service body parts... there also two outer tailgate beds, parts from future fleet side releases.   And it has a V8 but there are some 6 cyl parts from the other releases.

2v2ESKKBMxEMg7.jpg

2v2ESKKtoxEMg7.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got the Moebius '65 Ford F100 w/ service body and the Revell '57 Ford Tudor gasser today...

Thanks!  I have 2 of those service body trucks coming in the mail, so I appreciate the sneak peek.

Today the fe-mail carrier dropped off 2 more Revell Porsche Diesel Jr. tractors.  Interesting: the first one of those I ordered came in Revell's flat "European" style box.  The 2 that arrived today were in the regular "American" style kit box, smaller and deeper.

Also in this load, the ICM 1912 Model T Commercial Roadster with nifty box art. Not sure what makes it "commercial."  It's basically a roadster with a "mother-in-law seat" on the back. 

I have Weird Plans for it.  Building the ICM Model T Speedster taught me some lessons about these kits, most of them painful. So now I know what to watch out for. I hope...

icm_com-t.jpg

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Here are some pics of the service body parts... there also two outer tailgate beds, parts from future fleet side releases.

I think if Moebius were to issue the service bed as a "parts pack" type release similar to their super single big rig wheels, they would probably sell well. I would be in for a couple as stand alone sellers but probably not if I have to part out kits to do it. To my understanding the kit does not include a regular bed. Is that correct?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...