Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Heads up. I stopped at my local Micheal's and they had all the Snap Kits marked down. $10 for the Mustang convertible, Ford GT and Fire Pumper. The Jeep for $5. Those were the only ones left so I don't know about the other ones. It looks like they are getting rid of them.  The Coke Ford Pinto kit was in the clearance section for $17. Also the Cadillac Escalade for $17. All the supplies were gone except for the small jars and cans of Testor paints. The bottles rang out at 50 cents and the cans rang out at $2. Don't know if they are getting out od it or not. My local store has had a lot of problems with people opening kits and taking things out. So I don't know if it's just my store or if they are all clearing out. 

I bought a Pinto, Mustang, and a Ford GT and some cans of paint and little bottles of thinner though the receipt has it as Decal Set. What ever that is. 

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

This one arrived in the week:...Box is a bit faded and tatty (and it was lucky the contents didn't get damaged as it was packed in brown paper only) but as something to build someday it suits me just fine.

I built the Nürburgring racing version of the Cosmo, and it had one small annoying problem.  Hasegawa provides decals for the houndstooth checked seat covers.  But they were too short to fit the seats.  I think I filled them out by making a Xerox copy and splicing it in.  

I also have the police version of the Cosmo, and its seat decals are the right size.  So the problem seems to be just with the racing version.

Other than that, it was a well-mannered little kit that just fell together.  A nice "weekend builder," since you can probably get it together in a couple of days (minus paint).  That racing version even had photo-etched emblems.

Edited by Mike999
goof2

Three new liveries in from RacingDecals 43. The Turner M6 is a particularly nice set as it's an entire wrap of the car, and then the livery over top. Gravity Spain sell the appropriate paint (and yes you can get their paint directly from them as a U.S. customer).

20210522_180352.thumb.jpg.18c871ff0ec2250f097c7120ad391013.jpg

After reading a couple of threads about '57 Chevy models (I'm not new to building them, I have built a few)and discussion about the Snaptite '57 I just had to jump into the fire on one. Heck, for $15.00 including tax with the 40% HL sale this week, why not huh!!     I realize its a curb side with minimal parts but it should be easy to make it look presentable ( assuming I have no paint issues of course.

With the troubles I am having with my WIP '55 "Hot Rod, I looking forward to easy.

2076334730_20210522_163701(1).jpg.39507fdba1ef5dc03f6514258d810e01.jpg

Edited by TransAmMike

8 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Heads up. I stopped at my local Micheal's and they had all the Snap Kits marked down. $10 for the Mustang convertible, Ford GT and Fire Pumper. The Jeep for $5. Those were the only ones left so I don't know about the other ones. It looks like they are getting rid of them.  The Coke Ford Pinto kit was in the clearance section for $17. Also the Cadillac Escalade for $17. All the supplies were gone except for the small jars and cans of Testor paints. The bottles rang out at 50 cents and the cans rang out at $2. Don't know if they are getting out od it or not. My local store has had a lot of problems with people opening kits and taking things out. So I don't know if it's just my store or if they are all clearing out. 

I bought a Pinto, Mustang, and a Ford GT and some cans of paint and little bottles of thinner though the receipt has it as Decal Set. What ever that is. 

Good tip!  I’ll check my local Michael’s tomorrow!  Thanks!

I stopped at the nearest Hobby Lobby today,  I always go straight back to the clearance corner.  Found a couple cans of Model Master sublime lacquer then saw this paint rack for only $15.  Couldn't leave it behind for that cheap.  It's in good shape, just needs a good cleaning.  I was almost shocked that was no bubble gum stuck to the bottom of the shelves.  A good find, just gotta make room for it.    IMG_7237r.jpg.4f6994596dcb71327658b176c6ac1195.jpg

Had some spendin' money so went to Hobby town and picked up a couple kits and some tires.   I noticed they were down to only one of that 400F.  Been wanting it for a while so figured I better get it while I can.  Hope it's a good kit.     The truck just caught my attention so just picked it up for something different.   I looked inside the box  and did not realize how small those parts are.  Should be an interesting build.IMG_7239r.jpg.05a16769c5af428c6d9cfff0913060f2.jpg

9 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I built the Nürburgring racing version of the Cosmo, and it had one small annoying problem.  Hasegawa provides decals for the houndstooth checked seat covers.  But they were too short to fit the seats.  I think I filled them out by making a Xerox copy and splicing it in.  

I also have the police version of the Cosmo, and its seat decals are the right size.  So the problem seems to be just with the racing version.

Other than that, it was a well-mannered little kit that just fell together.  A nice "weekend builder," since you can probably get it together in a couple of days (minus paint).  That racing version even had photo-etched emblems.

Thanks, I'll watch out for the seat decal issue.

Good to know it goes together nicely, I've had good experience with other Hasegawa kits.

10 hours ago, Doug 1061 said:

I stopped at the nearest Hobby Lobby today,  I always go straight back to the clearance corner.  Found a couple cans of Model Master sublime lacquer then saw this paint rack for only $15.  Couldn't leave it behind for that cheap.  It's in good shape, just needs a good cleaning.  I was almost shocked that was no bubble gum stuck to the bottom of the shelves.  A good find, just gotta make room for it.    IMG_7237r.jpg.4f6994596dcb71327658b176c6ac1195.jpg

Had some spendin' money so went to Hobby town and picked up a couple kits and some tires.   I noticed they were down to only one of that 400F.  Been wanting it for a while so figured I better get it while I can.  Hope it's a good kit.     The truck just caught my attention so just picked it up for something different.   I looked inside the box  and did not realize how small those parts are.  Should be an interesting build.IMG_7239r.jpg.05a16769c5af428c6d9cfff0913060f2.jpg

Normally those paint racks get thrown out in the trash... The store manager probably pocketed that $15 bucks....🤭🤔

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got this out of the bottom of a box from my buddy's stash. Can't wait to build it. Good thing I got his Optivisor.

Later-

20210523_091140.jpg

Man thats tiny. I can send you some horse hair if you want to wire the engine, lol

20 hours ago, Rodent said:

Where did the "White Lightning" Official Truck decals come from?

They're from rayskits.com,that's his website,but he's also sells his decals on Ebay,under the name alden.n,he doe's quality work.

5 hours ago, kelson said:

They're from rayskits.com,that's his website,but he's also sells his decals on Ebay,under the name alden.n,he doe's quality work.

Cool, thanks. I know who he is. I have a Cobra in the stash, and with the Lightning being available again it might be fun to build the pace car and the official truck.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...