Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, MeatMan said:

Yes, they do have the centers, and a nice lace decal I might add.

IMG_20240303_114355246.jpg

IMG_20240303_113937257~2.jpg

Thanks for posting that Dennis. 

Those are for the factory Chevy SS caps. I was hoping they would have put in a set specifically to replicate the actual Cragar caps. Oh well.

image.png.7262ae61e1e05fbc209626eb6f63d72e.png

Technically got them yesterday, but still quite a score. A local bicycle shop has a huge selection of kits and they are on the cheaper side. I bought the only 2 pontiacs that werent nascar, but they had tons of vettes and camaros. 

image0 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HomerS said:

Forgot about this pick up....

Parts are in a ziplock bag but appears complete

Smart car.jpeg

Brilliant! We have thousands here in the UK, I mean real ones!

12 hours ago, MeatMan said:

Nice! Is that Corvette kit truly a level 4?

The Revell Skill Level thing was changed many years ago to align the 3 Level North American one with the 5 Level European one.

The Levels are now - 

1 - Entry Level SnapTite - Build N Play Kits

2 - Snap Tite Kits

3 - Pre Painted Glue Kits (which I guess are now relegated to history)

4 - Any Glue Kit Under 100 Pieces

5 - Any Glue Kit Over 100 Pieces

• Like 1

Was to the capital today and picked up Tamiya fine polish compound and also found a big scale vette to a price i could not recist. Actualy seems to be a neat kit with much more detail than other 1/16 kits i have seen and it does come with two intakes and two sets of seats. The chassi looks nice with good detail on a arms and other parts but I might throw a resin tube chassi underneath it though, and i do need a spoiler and front lip.

image.png.73c1d5a9f10bd532547c1e38434587ff.png

Borrowed picutre, mine was not sealed

image.png.cce9a5cd552100d3ee661349578463d2.png

• Like 1

I picked this up for ten bucks at a local hobby shop. It seems to be complete. I’m not big on the model itself, but I figure the wheels, engine and seats are worth the money.🙂

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I picked this up for ten bucks at a local hobby shop. It seems to be complete. I’m not big on the model itself, but I figure the wheels, engine and seats are worth the money.🙂

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

could be a fun custom, 49 chevy truck grille, shorten the rear fenders slam it and its done?

I was pleased to see the Kia Brisa kit start turning up at UK stockists at reasonable prices:

IMG_9687.JPG.b27cd0a1db9c449ebc492cf80eea8a7e.JPG

It doesn't show them on the box but there are alternative grilles, headlights and tail panels to create different versions, including the Mazda 1300 that it was derived from. My preference is to go for the latter. It only comes as LHD, but it should look good built as a Euro-spec model with German or Dutch plates like some of the images I found. Looks like a nicely detailed curbside kit.

Same seller had the Fujimi mufflers on special offer, and buying them meant I'd just spent enough for free postage - they'll suit one of my Japanese car builds.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 5:29 PM, RSchnell said:

Got my '60 F-100's and a few other kits. 

IMG_20240301_180818387.jpg

Real nice haul!

22 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

This little sealed gem arrived today by mail. I have bought a few of these Young Model Builders Club bagged kits but I wanted one that was actually issued in a printed artwork box and this one is sealed to boot. 

20240304_180744(1).jpg

Never. Seen that kit before!

This past Sunday, the Group 25 Model Car Club had its Spring contest run in an NNL format. One of my favourite vendors from London was there and of course he had a kit which caught my eye. The final Tamiya racing iteration of the Nissan GT-R34 (Xanavi NISMO). These kits are becoming very rare. A good friend has a line on a set of decals so that I can build it as the Calsonic version.

2024-03-05.jpg.b61872e86771686ac31cbe26dc3f386a.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zen said:

This weekend's haul from Detroit Autorama.........

RAMA.jpg

Great looking haul. I don't recall ever seeing this Revell '68 Firebird kit before. Is this something new or an old issue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking haul. I don't recall ever seeing this Revell '68 Firebird kit before. Is this something new or an old issue?

Reissue of a kit that dates to 2001.  Nice kit. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:49 AM, MeatMan said:

Nice! Is that Corvette kit truly a level 4?

Not really, I think it's a reissue of the old 70's Monogram kit. Not bad, but not that challenging either. 

• Like 1